Welcome to Gaia! ::

My computer keeps redirecting me to different websites trying to give me viruses and download things onto my computer..

I have an antivirus and anti malware but neither of them find anything on my computer...

I'm not sure what to do so I would like some assistance please...?

Click Here. Some log I was told to do on a guide how to remove viruses.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ok bumping against rules blahblah people think you're being helped already blahblahblah etc etc loreum ispum.

Anyway, you never stated what the antivirus and antimalware programs are nor if they had been updated lately. They need to have their "index of very bad things" updated so they know what they're looking for.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/c-t-tech-talk/infection-removal-guide/t.71939023/
^ a guide that will help. Miss steps only if you want to remain infected. Ask if you're stuck.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Ok bumping against rules blahblah people think you're being helped already blahblahblah etc etc loreum ispum.

Anyway, you never stated what the antivirus and antimalware programs are nor if they had been updated lately. They need to have their "index of very bad things" updated so they know what they're looking for.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/c-t-tech-talk/infection-removal-guide/t.71939023/
^ a guide that will help. Miss steps only if you want to remain infected. Ask if you're stuck.

Always stays updated... [Avast and Malwarebytes if you must know]

That guide is nearly 4 years old and nothing on it works anymore.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
meteropkm
Lanackse-Kanvae

It mentions scanning in safe mode, which will always be a good idea since you're going to have a hard time removing anything that's currently loaded into RAM. Safe Mode would stop that happening and thus makes removal easier or even possible.

It also mentions disabling System Restore. Many viruses hide themselves in Safe Mode so they can pop right back into the system as soon as it detects that the virus is no longer present in the main system.
Lanackse-Kanvae
meteropkm
Lanackse-Kanvae

It mentions scanning in safe mode, which will always be a good idea since you're going to have a hard time removing anything that's currently loaded into RAM. Safe Mode would stop that happening and thus makes removal easier or even possible.

It also mentions disabling System Restore. Many viruses hide themselves in Safe Mode so they can pop right back into the system as soon as it detects that the virus is no longer present in the main system.

i'm going to bed so I'll have ot do this stuff later.....
Also check your browser settings to make sure they are not hijacked, often an antivirus or malware buster will miss these because it is in your home start up page setting and not a program.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SeraphKiyo
Also check your browser settings to make sure they are not hijacked, often an antivirus or malware buster will miss these because it is in your home start up page setting and not a program.

Something made those browser settings change. The something will be on your hard drive somewhere. A full scan of the hard drive will find this something.
You might want to go into your programs and start removing anything from an unidentified publisher (ie Adobe, Microsoft,ect). More than likely it's an installed toolbar that won't show in the browser settings, because it identifies as a program.

Also, make sure you are using Firefox or Google Chrome. These search engines have the best built-in security.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
log purged from site.

I had an encounter with something like this recently. Kept redirecting random pages to sites like b1.zakudx.com or something to that effect.. there was another domain, but i can't recall what it was.

Anyway, after running a full scan with MBAM I uninstalled leftovers, like some stupid coupon program, shopping saver or something... anything like that... And it was still showing up.
So I uninstalled the web browsers, deleted their profiles (for chrome, C:/Users/YOURUSERHERE/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data) and reinstalled the browser, and it worked. Still don't really know what it is, or if it would sync with your google account, as the computer I was working on, no one had bothered signing in to chrome...
but that worked.

The browsers homepage was initially set to astromenda.com, so I assume that might have something to do with it. If yours is too, I'd change it.

I'd also really like to know what caused it. But the wonderfully smart person didn't bother to give me their laptop charger/psu so I was pressed for time.
BerserkLeon
log purged from site.

I had an encounter with something like this recently. Kept redirecting random pages to sites like b1.zakudx.com or something to that effect.. there was another domain, but i can't recall what it was.

Anyway, after running a full scan with MBAM I uninstalled leftovers, like some stupid coupon program, shopping saver or something... anything like that... And it was still showing up.
So I uninstalled the web browsers, deleted their profiles (for chrome, C:/Users/YOURUSERHERE/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data) and reinstalled the browser, and it worked. Still don't really know what it is, or if it would sync with your google account, as the computer I was working on, no one had bothered signing in to chrome...
but that worked.

The browsers homepage was initially set to astromenda.com, so I assume that might have something to do with it. If yours is too, I'd change it.

I'd also really like to know what caused it. But the wonderfully smart person didn't bother to give me their laptop charger/psu so I was pressed for time.

My computer doesn't redirect as much lately though I changed nothing but my internet is going slower and it sometimes says "unable to connect to webpage"

I found this link on how to get rid of redirrects. How do I know if everything on here is safe or would help? Can you tell me?

do I have to worry about people stealing my info or even all my money from the bank now?

What should I do?

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
meteropkm
BerserkLeon
log purged from site.

but that worked.

My computer doesn't redirect as much lately though I changed nothing but my internet is going slower and it sometimes says "unable to connect to webpage"

I found this link on how to get rid of redirrects. How do I know if everything on here is safe or would help? Can you tell me?

do I have to worry about people stealing my info or even all my money from the bank now?

What should I do?

Since I no longer have access to the computer I'm not sure if following that guide will help. But it can't hurt, those are trusted/respectable pieces of software.
Gaia is currently having issues with, er, someone attacking them. So if this site isn't loading it's not because of viruses or your internet, currently. Similarly, I've never heard of a virus that stops the computer from connecting to the internet.
The most a redirect virus like that might gather is your tracking cookies from ad companies, I don't think any sensitive data would be at risk from it. However if another type of virus brought that one to your computer I suppose it's possible.
Just make sure to change your passwords and stuff if the virus scanners find anything called a keylogger, those are the main category that can really get your sensitive info. (root/boot kits are pretty bad too)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff