Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Kitten

I set up a benq XL2420TE as a second monitor
for some reason I have this grey rectangle with two arrows that always comes up at start and stays there forever
User Image

when I swap the two monitors in screen resolution it goes away, but then I can't use that monitor because the cursor won't go over thinking it's the other way around..

so I just want to get rid of the rectangle somehow

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Does your mouse go over the rectangle or does the rectangle cover even your cursor?

Shy Kitten

Saruwatari Kooji
Does your mouse go over the rectangle or does the rectangle cover even your cursor?

the cursor goes over top
clicking on it doesn't do anything though
Kurr Sugar Skulls
Saruwatari Kooji

the cursor goes over top
clicking on it doesn't do anything though

If the cursor goes over the top of it, it's not something with the monitor, it's the computer. The monitor is just displaying what the computer tells it to.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Update video drivers.

Shy Kitten

Scarred Sword Heart
Update video drivers.

says it's the latest one already

maybe it's because I need to upgrade to a new card, since I have a nvidia geforce gts 450?
I need to get one anyway since don't think the one I have now can support 3 monitors, since I tried doing two DVI and one hdmi but couldn't get a picture on the hdmi one
Can you show the full monitor? Did you check if the OSD buttons are not being triggered by something else?

Shy Kitten

daredevil_keiji
Can you show the full monitor? Did you check if the OSD buttons are not being triggered by something else?

just found out it's something called asus ai suite II
it randomly wasn't responding this time so I closed it and the rectangle went away

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff