Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random pictures on the web are starting not to show....it first started with .gif files not animating...and now random jpegs and stuff are just not showing - even if I right click and go 'show picture'.

This is the same problem my old computer suffered from before it would never start up again...

I've run Adaware - nothing.

I am running Norton (just found and re-installed it) and so far it's picked up nothing (I'll update this post if something, or nothing is found)

Does anyone have any idea what it is...(it's not an Internet Explorer exclusive thing either - mozilla has the same problem..i think)
Could be that the browser's cache is stuffed full. No room for new files. Try clearing it. In IE it's tools-internet options-delete files. Not sure about firefox and the rest..
When you say GIF's not animating, do you mean just in the browser, or in general? I'm assuming you have windows, since you have internet explorer, so if the GIF's don't animate when you try to view them in any other program, its probably an image DLL. You could try system restore to see if it reverses what ever effected the files, if thats the cause, or if you can figure out which DLL's it is exclusively, you could try replacing them with uncorrupted copies.
DopplerZero
Could be that the browser's cache is stuffed full. No room for new files. Try clearing it. In IE it's tools-internet options-delete files. Not sure about firefox and the rest..

In firefox its

Tools-->Options-->Privacy-->Clear button with cache next to it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas