Welcome to Gaia! ::

My old modem still works, so it's not my ISP or my cables. I switched cables to make sure. I tried using different Ethernet ports on my new modem. By new I mean given to me by a friend.

I was having trouble getting my ISP information to work so I factory reset my Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with Wireless G Router and then I was able to get it to talk to the internet. Problem is, it doesn't want to talk to my computer after about a minute and even when it says it's connected to the internet, Windows says "No internet access". After that switches to "No Network Access" I can't access the settings on it and have to turn it off and on again, but shortly after the reset it's back to "No Network Access."

When I troubleshoot the problem with Windows Network Diagnostics it tells me: "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Also that: The default gateway is unavailable.

Any help would be much appreciated...
I'm pretty sure but not CERTAIN that the new modem will require you to call your ISP and have them fiddle with it over the phone to get it "seeing" the internet again.

I'm not really sure what they do during the phone call but it's like turning the modem ON if you will. If you still can't get it running, pm me or email me at raisedpassion@hotmail.com

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff