Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been a Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy user for years. My default browser is Firefox. I do Windows Update. I am running Norton Antivirus. I never open mysterious attachments from people I don't know. I have the ZoneAlarm firewall.

However, as of late, my ZoneAlarm keeps giving me alerts every ten minutes or so.

ZoneAlarm Alert
The firewall has blocked Internet access to 192.168.2.194 (NetBIOS Datagram) from your computer.

I did a Spybot scan, and came up with DSO Exploit which edited my registry. I removed it, but when I rebooted, it came back again. I Googled DSO Exploit and found this thread. Ignoring the bad advice to tell Spybot to ignore the DSO Exploit entries, I downloaded a beta version of Spybot S&D and scanned and removed DSO Exploit. After I rebooted, DSO Exploit was gone.

However, the ZoneAlarm alerts persist. What should I do? I am running Windows XP.
Oh god, this thing is dynamic.

I had the above message for like two days, and now there is a different alert.

Quote:
The firewall has blocked Internet access to 206.47.244.101 (DNS) from your computer.

Program: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
Well dont worry first of all. That message with ZA means it's been blocked and your fine. There should be an option somwhere to disable the pop-ups of when ZA has blocked a program. It is most likely not a hacker or anything extremely dangerous, it could be your ISP pinging your computer. Same thing happened to me centeries ago. You cant stop your ISP from pinging you though, so just ignore the alerts.
But it's from my computer...
*Yawns* Im a lil bit tired. I guess I read it wrong. Meh still dont panic, its blocked. What could be happening is your removing a file that is created everytime you restart your system or a file that is remade every so often. You virus scan may be missing it. Update your Norton to the newest def files. If that doesn't work download AVG anti-virus. Its free and one of the best ones out there. http://www.grisoft.com/

If that doesn't work I have a good idea how to take care of it but its REALLY complicated, and I am too sleepy to explain. Good Luck with it though.
I thought NAV has better virus defintions than AVG.
Da_Ish
I thought NAV has better virus defintions than AVG.

No, I think they are about the same in that area, and AVG is just all around better in all areas blaugh at least I think so.
Why not go with an unbiased, scientific opinion?

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml

wink

That'll give you the results of various vendors.
Try HijackThis! ... that's the last resort tool when ad-aware and spybot fails. Be real careful with that tool though, like regedit, you can mess your system up with it.

You can also try manually going through your current processes in the task manager and do the process of elimination. It's tedious, but it works.
Isn't HijackThis only for browsers?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces