Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Member

8,025 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
it said an error

User Image

like this "The Applicattion was unable to start Correcctly (0xc0000005). click OK to close the appliacation." i click on it & try again but it won't let me go on my viewer

any ideas how to fix this problem? i need help getting on crying

edited: its still not working gonk
Misty A Darka
The error indicates that either PhoenixViewer is corrupt or its data files are corrupt.

Uninstall the viewer and delete all of the data files. Delete everything under Users/username/Application Data/SecondLife.

Then, reinstall the viewer.

Interesting Member

8,025 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
psychic stalker
Misty A Darka
The error indicates that either PhoenixViewer is corrupt or its data files are corrupt.

Uninstall the viewer and delete all of the data files. Delete everything under Users/username/Application Data/SecondLife.

thank you for the tip surprised

edited: i try it but is still not working

Alien Lover

37,825 Points
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Next time shrink the screenshot it loads to slow.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Misty A Darka
psychic stalker
Misty A Darka

thank you for the tip surprised

edited: i try it but is still not working
Hey Misty. I just checked and it doesn't look like you're on, so I'm assuming you're still having the issue. Did you make sure to do a complete "Hard" re-install? This doesn't mean downloading the viewer and simply hitting "Install" and telling it to replace the files. It means going through as psychic stalker said and deleting all files relative to the viewer. If you have a corrupt file, which it looks like you do, sometimes a 'soft' reinstall WON'T fix the problem.

If you have gone through and done this and are still getting this error, I'd need to know if you recently downloaded anything new and/or changed settings on your computer or Phoenix itself.
For troubleshooting purposes, try going to the Phoenix Viewer website and downloading Firestorm instead. It has its own set of files completely separate from Phoenix and should launch after an install. If Firestorm gives you a similar problem as Phoenix when you start up, you have a much larger problem that isn't just a corrupt file. If anything has recently changed with your computer Hardware or Software, it can cause Second Life viewers to throw errors like that. My campus was having an issue like that for a while where it was acting up because the graphics card drivers weren't up to date. Clients can be very picky, and when things aren't up to date or fitting the minimal requirements list, they can start acting up in somewhat unpredicted ways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff