Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, I got this awsome calculator (TI-83+ SE) and it can have new programs (like super mario v2.0 blaugh ) downloaded into when I plug it into the computer. However, when I plug it in, the little thingy pops up saying to click that to safely remove hardware, but nowhere in the "My Computer" section is an icon I can click on. Now on any other computer, I can get it to come up, but the other computers I have access to I cannot or should not download stuff with it. With those computers, I usually find it under drive E, which I guess is for extra stuff. But the computer I am trying to download with has a CD-R drive built into it, so it perminately has a drive E already occupied. Now if there is a Drive F, I would be really happy, but I can't find it. How do I get access to it through the computer?

Note: I tried all the troubleshooting things in the help section, and it can't help me unless the thing I a plugging in is a printer, scanner, mouse, keyboard, camera, or some bluetooth stuff.
Normally, stuff like that shows up as a removable hard drive, which on any computer I've used, always shows up as 'removable drive h:'. There's nothing like that I take it?

Also, are you sure you can just plug it in and go, there's nothing else you need to do with it first?
I am fairly sure, because all i need to do (I ain't defanite about this though) is plug it in the USB port, then go to the site to download. It gives me the option to download and I can make to so the calculator will be wait for the thing to be download to it, but I need that connection through the computer and I can't find it! It is driving me nuts! I got under ym computer and the only things it shows there is floppy drive, cd drive, cd-r drive, hard drive, and my printer/scanner, and the camera if we have that in.
Might be a connection problem, have you tried it in a different computer?
The pc cable should've come with some software (they used to call it graphlink software with the old serial cables, but I think it's TI-Connect or something now) you have to install that before you can get anything from your computer to your calculator.
I would try it on other computers, ecxept I only have access to school computers, this computer, and my own personal computer. This one won't work, I am not allowed to do it on the school computers, and my computer doesn't have an internet connection. And I don't believe it came with a CD although it did come with an instructional manual which I am trying to find right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff