Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have lego mindstorms/robotics or whatever you wish to call it. My computer doesn't want to find the infared tower which is used to transmit instructions to the lego computer. I tried the USB ports, the (I believe that's what those were) USB 2.0 ports, and even a USB 2.0 PCI card...all and any help would be gladly accepted.
Does the USB transmitter require a battery in it? I know my ancient serial one does.
Hrm. The USB plug is plugged in fully? What Operating System?
Did it come with, and if so did you install the, drivers?
The USB tower works both in USB version 1.1 and 2.0. you have to turn on the yellow robot thingy and hit "send" to get the tower to be recognezed. found that out the hard way...
The really strange thing is, I've gotten this to work on my mother's computer....wait........hmm...her's is Windows XP Home...But I remember the requirements being at least 98, but I'll go check...
Yeah, the minimum is 98 or ME, and, I've gotten it to install on my computer...the only problem is that the tower and the Yellow block thing don't find eachother...maybe because I already have the program for the yellow computer block installed...maybe that's the problem
Well, one problem...if that really is the problem, I don't know how to uninstall it...if someone does, that'd be helpful...
Control Panel -> Add/remove Programs -> Lego Mindstorms.
No, no, no...I'm sorry, I mispoke. I mean off of the LEGO computer, not mine.
The actual program on it? Or its own firmware?

Either way, it shouldnt matter whats on the brick at all, even if it is revision 1 firmware, as the program to actually run the sensors and motors doesnt effect if it can get a signal or not.
Well, maybe it's just a problem with my computer...mainly the USB ports is what i suspect, seeing as the light on the tower doesn't light up, like it normally should.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff