Welcome to Gaia! ::

HeadPhones vs. EarPhones

Headphones 0.78571428571429 78.6% [ 11 ]
Earphones 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 3 ]
Nah, I don't use any. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]

Friendly Spirit

Which one do you use more often?
It pretty much depends on the device I'm using them with.

If I'm listening to music while I am at work or out-and-about, I'll go with earphones since they're much more mobile and easier to store in my pocket, along with my phone. If I'm sitting at my desk to watch something on my laptop or play a PC game, I generally prefer the sound and quality of headphones.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Headphones on the computer. Earphones with the smartphone.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm going to echo the sentiment of earbuds when I'm listening to music on my phone for portability reasons and headphones when I'm at my desktop and as such portability is not so high on the considerations.

Precious Sweetheart

When I'm at home playing games or listening to music, I love headphones.
In public, I prefer earbuds just because they are smaller.
I always use ear phones, very rarely i go with my head phones
Like the majority, I use headphones at the desktop and earphones when mobile. I prefer the headphones, though, since they have better sound quality (Sennheiser HD 280 Pro).
I'm fairly old school so I like my headphones more. The only way I can really get myself to use earbuds is if they are the wrap around kind.

Newbie Member

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Skullcandy Crushers (aka headphones) they aren't as big as some other headphones out there, they fold so when not in use you can put them into a case or the bag it comes with and the headphone cable unplugs from the headphones making it nice to not have to worry about damaging the wire as much.

Wheezing Fatcat

earbuds, bro.
I use earphones when I know I'm going to have to have an important conversation during my public use of them, but headphones otherwise because while the sound quality on mine are far from as good as my earbuds, they're skullcandies so they're made to look pretty.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
MyNameIsKir
I use earphones when I know I'm going to have to have an important conversation during my public use of them, but headphones otherwise because while the sound quality on mine are far from as good as my earbuds, they're skullcandies so they're made to look pretty.

I'm sad to admit there are a bunch of neckbeards on reddit that hate skullcandy because they look pretty. Oh, they're even worse about beats.

Apparently we should only wear ATH-M50s.

Anyway, I just wear my skullcandy hesh at work. They're big, funny looking headphones that sound.. pretty decent. They're puffy and funny looking though.

I have earbuds i use when i don't have headphones handy but they're way less comfy. So that's it.
WWLink
MyNameIsKir

I'm sad to admit there are a bunch of neckbeards on reddit that hate skullcandy because they look pretty. Oh, they're even worse about beats.

Apparently we should only wear ATH-M50s.

Anyway, I just wear my skullcandy hesh at work. They're big, funny looking headphones that sound.. pretty decent. They're puffy and funny looking though.

I have earbuds i use when i don't have headphones handy but they're way less comfy. So that's it.

I met a neckbeard once that was near deaf, like he used a hearing aid, but he was still a total audiophile. Or so he claimed. Somebody like me who listens to Pandora and owns less than 100 songs did not put him in the best of moods.

Skullcandies are pretty decent. They look great. Their base sound is great. They pay for themselves with their lifetime warranty. I've had so many Sonys, JVCs, and others break on me it's not funny. Pay the same for a pair of sexy skullcandy and when it breaks you pay $5 shipping and you get an upgrade.

I had a pair of skullcrushers initially. I paid $45 for them off of a gift card because they were on sale. They broke after a year, I sent them in, and upgraded to a sexy pair of GI Shoes that cost $60 on their website, this time equipped with phone controls and a mic. I've had those for.. at least 2 years now? Either way, I look great in that and my bright pink hoodie. I don't solo the city without them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff