Welcome to Gaia! ::

hi i was working on a cisco 1700 and 2500 series router, and in one of my lab assignments i was told to erase the startup config file. so i did accidentally on the 2500 router. i got the router back up, but now it ain't working properly.
You are best off if you have another same model router (these are UNIX-based units, I suppose) to copy a replacement file over from. Next time, just rename it vice erasing it, so you can recover more easily...
If you erased the startup configuration, but left the running configuration intact just do a copy run start. If not your going to have to reprogram the router. I wouldn't suggest copying the config from another 2500 series router unless you want to dig through and change the minor differences, otherwise it will still be messed up.
Quote:
hi i was working on a cisco 1700 and 2500 series router, and in one of my lab assignments i was told to erase the startup config file. so i did accidentally on the 2500 router. i got the router back up, but now it ain't working properly.

reprogram the router. Its not hard and really your only option. You could copy the config from another 2500 but there would be differences you would have to change like someone else said.
exactly how do you reprogram it. i got the router back up but i can't remember how i did it and now its not finding the serial 0 interface or the fast ethernet interface. well it shows that it is up but the line protocol is down. and it says error copy tftp something else and i can't get rid of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff