Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Gaian

So i've been seeing those youtube videos like,
" GET CYDIA WITHOUT JAILBREAKING ! " and I have tried it with this bookmark called
" openappmkt " but doesn't work at all. I wanted to get the app Cydia without
jailbreaking my IPod 4g.
My iPod 4g is running well with ios 6.1 .
Anyone know how to get cydia _ WITHOUT - Jailbreaking?
there is no way. That's like trying to drive a car without an engine. it simply will not work
Like Yuki said, impossible.

Luckily for you, the untethered jailbreak for 6.1 is coming out sometime today.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Considering the entire purpose of jailbreaking is to install Cydia/an alternative, as you can't install 3rd party apps without jailbreaking anyway, no.

Short answer:

No.

-[edit]-

I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, and I also didn't realize I was ninjad (twice!) to tell you no, but yeah...

It's just not gonna happen without a jailbreak. :c Sorry.

Genius

Cydia requires root filesystem access. Every video you see claiming otherwise is just scambaiting you into installing potentially hazardous files.

Invisible Noob

http://bgr.com/2013/01/24/smartphone-unlocking-illegal-303627/

A warning. Jailbreaking became a felony (again) last month.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Sexy Chaos Engineer

Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things.

"Unlocking" is referring to those phones you get from companies like AT&T where they have locked it to their service only and you get and use the code that unlocks it and allows you to use the phone on any other carrier that supports the phone you are bringing. The real kicker with that thing is, it only implies it's illegal to unlock without the carrier's permission. Often times the easiest way to unlock a phone is to call the carrier it's locked to and get the code from them anyway...

I don't really know of any instances where a carrier has thrown a fit about someone unlocking a phone, so I'm not seeing the big deal here.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Saruwatari Kooji
Sexy Chaos Engineer

Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things.

"Unlocking" is referring to those phones you get from companies like AT&T where they have locked it to their service only and you get and use the code that unlocks it and allows you to use the phone on any other carrier that supports the phone you are bringing. The real kicker with that thing is, it only implies it's illegal to unlock without the carrier's permission. Often times the easiest way to unlock a phone is to call the carrier it's locked to and get the code from them anyway...

I don't really know of any instances where a carrier has thrown a fit about someone unlocking a phone, so I'm not seeing the big deal here.

Because there aren't any such instances. No carrier has decided to go all RIAA on someone for unlocking their phone, yet. and until one of them does this doesn't matter in the least.
But uh.. back on topic, shall we?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces