Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does a 19" monitor have 1024x768 resolution? I'm going to buy a new one because my old got broken.

Thanks in advance~.
Definitely.
ibb-chan
Does a 19" monitor have 1024x768 resolution? I'm going to buy a new one because my old got broken.

Thanks in advance~.

It's not usually the monitor that decides what the resolution is... it's often the video card. If you had 1024x768 at one point, you can get it with a different monitor.
Pfft, I have several monitors that don't even support 800x600. Believe me, no company was stupid enough to produce a 19" monitor that couldn't do 1024x768. That should be a medium resolution for that size.
Does it look the same as on 17"?

(Yeah, I know I'm a n00b. sweatdrop )
ibb-chan
Does it look the same as on 17"?

No, everything is bigger wink . But yes, it should be the same. A 19" should do at least 1280x936.
No, since there's more screen to cover, the larger the CRT screen, the larger the pixels will appear in the same resolution. For instance, say you are playing a Gameboy Advance game on an emulator on your computer, with a 19" monitor. If you play the game in fullscreen, each pixel of the game screen would be pretty massive, because the native resolution of the GBA screen is comparatively small. When you stretch the image to fill up much more space, of course everything looks bigger. Bleah......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff