Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

15,600 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gaian 50
Here below is the computer specs of the computer I'll be putting together, I don't have the parts ordered as of yet I'm trying to make sure that these parts will be very reliable and performance be very good for gaming.

AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System
Corsair 16gb (8GB x2) DDR3-1600 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - 2GB
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 -- AMD 970
750 Watt - Corsair RM750 - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
King Wesker
Here below is the computer specs of the computer I'll be putting together, I don't have the parts ordered as of yet I'm trying to make sure that these parts will be very reliable and performance be very good for gaming.

Good build. Why not get an 8320? The 8350 is just an OC'd 8320, and you can OC the 8320 just as good. You should probably get an SSD for your OS. What is your budget?

Aged Gaian

15,600 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gaian 50
L33t Mule Pants
King Wesker

Good build. Why not get an 8320? The 8350 is just an OC'd 8320, and you can OC the 8320 just as good. You should probably get an SSD for your OS. What is your budget?
I was going to get a SSD but with Windows 7 being on the Primary hard drive along with other games, the SSD won't leave me with much room left.

& I could get the 8320 but I'd rather not OC it myself. The $20 extra on the 8320 vs 8350 I can accept paying for.

But based on the things I listed, everything looks good to you? biggrin

Dapper Explorer

3,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
King Wesker
L33t Mule Pants
King Wesker

I was going to get a SSD but with Windows 7 being on the Primary hard drive along with other games, the SSD won't leave me with much room left.

& I could get the 8320 but I'd rather not OC it myself. The $20 extra on the 8320 vs 8350 I can accept paying for.

There is no point in not OC'ing yourself, it's a travesty to not get the most out of your parts like that. Especially with modern motherboards/BIOSs, it's extremely easy, it's not like the old Phoenix BIOS where you could only use the arrow keys and you had to fiddle with voltages, it pretty much does it for you nowadays.

If you're not going to OC there's no point getting an aftermarket heatsink either, the stock one will be just fine.

I assume you're not going to be overclocking your GPU either and just keeping it stock?

With the money you could save by not getting that stuff since you're not overclocking since you aren't going to be taking advantage of it, you could probably get a small SSD for your OS and just keep games on the HDD.

Aged Gaian

15,600 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gaian 50
EatingPancakes
King Wesker
L33t Mule Pants
King Wesker

There is no point in not OC'ing yourself, it's a travesty to not get the most out of your parts like that. Especially with modern motherboards/BIOSs, it's extremely easy, it's not like the old Phoenix BIOS where you could only use the arrow keys and you had to fiddle with voltages, it pretty much does it for you nowadays.

If you're not going to OC there's no point getting an aftermarket heatsink either, the stock one will be just fine.

I assume you're not going to be overclocking your GPU either and just keeping it stock?

With the money you could save by not getting that stuff since you're not overclocking since you aren't going to be taking advantage of it, you could probably get a small SSD for your OS and just keep games on the HDD.
How hard or how simple is it to OC now days? I've always just had Phoenix BIOS to mess with.
The GPU I'll keep normal unless I start to see the need the overclock it, but i think with leaving it all stock. I'll be good the way I am?

Dapper Explorer

3,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
King Wesker
EatingPancakes
King Wesker
L33t Mule Pants
King Wesker

How hard or how simple is it to OC now days? I've always just had Phoenix BIOS to mess with.
The GPU I'll keep normal unless I start to see the need the overclock it, but i think with leaving it all stock. I'll be good the way I am?

The BIOSs I've used recently actually have a GUI and you can use a mouse. It was as simple as putting in a number and seeing if it went through for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff