Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charitable Lunatic

Listed below are the parts I am going to be getting so far.
I am hung up about what kind of case I want though :c
Any thoughts or pointers would be appreciated!
GeForce GTX 770 4GB (Not 100% on this yet)

CORSAIR RM Series RM1000 1000W

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

CORSAIR Hydro Series H55

Intel Core i7-4770K

SAMSUNG 840 EVO SSD (250gb)

2 TB HARD DRIVE (Still need to pick out the brand because I don't trust WD)

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
What will you be using it for?

Budget and currency (please put type of dollars if dollars because there are a billionty different dollars with different market values)?

Have you got an operating system?

Have you got a monitor from another system?

Ditto for peripherals (this stuff does add up especially if you throw in desktop speakers or your tastes are with the £100 gaming peripherals).

Lonely Master

Check out New Egg's computer building guide. It's a three or four part series that covers all the basics of ordering, building, and updating your machine.
Also, put in the graphics card last. There's absolutely no need to hook it up before you know the computer is running and in the case.

User Image
I heart huge loads of positive opinions on Fractal cases lately.

Your PSU might be a little bit overkill if it comes to power, even if you plan to overclock (1000W would be justifiable if you plan to get 2x GPU)

Everything else seems to be top notch, thought i don't know this motherboard at all, so can't tell.

Charitable Lunatic

Tomek Dia

The mobo is one that can be used for SLI and stuff. That is why I have it and it is also why I have the 1000w power supply. I'm keeping my options open as far as upgrading. Starting out with one GPU for now but if games and such get too hot in the future, I like the availability to upgrade to two. I'm building the entire rig to be able to handle 2 GPU, but I am only putting in one for now.

SaviorSeven

I might have to look into that. I was just picking parts via ibuypower to check for compatibility but then actually buying everything via newegg. Of course I am also looking into reviews of all the parts I need. I just don't really have a distinct idea on how powerful it will be.

Lanackse-Kanvae

I plan on using it strictly for gaming. I already have a Macbook Pro from 2010 that I use for the day to day interwebz and such. I plan on not only playing new PC games, but I'm also a heavy emulator person. If I can get all of the games I like from multiple consoles on just my computer and then be able to run them with the same smoothness as a console would, maybe even better, then I will be happy.

I plan on going with the newest Windows OS when I finally get everything all picked out.

I have not looked into monitors yet as I am waiting to finish picking out all the parts and stuff before I look into which monitor I want.

Everything will be in USD and right now with the parts I have now, newegg is saying around $1451 while ibuypower is saying around $1926. My goal is under $2500. The max I am willing to shell out for the entire set up, speakers, parts, OS, monitor, etc is $3000.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff