Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Hello , so today I went to local custom car decal store and sent them an attachment of a picture of the skeith from .hack
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

they said it was 12inches wide and I would have to pay a ton of money to get it redrawn and resized I want it to be 28inches wide and 35inches long is there a way to expand the picture?
Increasing the size is simple. Keeping the quality while doing so is impossible. You can run a few filters over it to obscure that fact that it was upscaled, but unless you redraw it you will lose quality.
Note: what is "length" in this case?

Dapper Explorer

3,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Resampling it to that size could be easily done, however, the loss in quality would be apparent close up.

You could probably live trace it, and have that vectorized image, but it would have a slightly different look.

All in all though, that image is probably copyrighted and having someone make money off someone else's work is shaky ground.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
With how simple the coloring is, you might be able to get away with converting it to a vector (though you might have to recolor it a little to make it look like it wasn't just converted) and scaling it up or down to whatever you please without any impact on it's quality. However, it's right on the border of if that's something you should bother with, because of the complexity of the actual art.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff