Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I need someone to convince me to and not to read this series.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Yes! A Winter Soldier topic! I've been fairly well obsessed with the character for a little over a year now but rarely get to talk about him outside of family, and I'm sure they're sick of hearing about how much I love Bucky.

Have you read any of the comics that lead up to the series?

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Winniwyn
Yes! A Winter Soldier topic! I've been fairly well obsessed with the character for a little over a year now but rarely get to talk about him outside of family, and I'm sure they're sick of hearing about how much I love Bucky.

I haven't. I'm kind of new to the non-Wolverine family side of Marvel. I started reading the new Marvel NOW and loved Captain America. So if you would like to tell me which issues I need to read to get the whole story, please tell me. I would definitely go out and get them. 3nodding

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
King Ursa Major
Winniwyn

I haven't. I'm kind of new to the non-Wolverine family side of Marvel. I started reading the new Marvel NOW and loved Captain America. So if you would like to tell me which issues I need to read to get the whole story, please tell me. I would definitely go out and get them. 3nodding

Well, I haven't completely caught up with the storyline myself, but this is what I've read so far:

Captain America vol. 1: Winter Soldier ultimate collection

Captain America Vol. 2: The Red Menace

The Death of Captain America Complete Collection

You could probably skip Red Menace if you wanted because Winter Soldier isn't in it too much but I thought it was a really good story all the same. There's also at least a couple of volumes of Captain America after the "Death of" storyline that feature BuckyCap but I haven't read those yet so I couldn't speak to how essential they are. And if you're at all interested in reading about Steve and Bucky back in the WW2 days, there's lots of material for that as well.

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Winniwyn
King Ursa Major
Winniwyn

Well, I haven't completely caught up with the storyline myself, but this is what I've read so far:

You could probably skip Red Menace if you wanted because Winter Soldier isn't in it too much but I thought it was a really good story all the same. There's also at least a couple of volumes of Captain America after the "Death of" storyline that feature BuckyCap but I haven't read those yet so I couldn't speak to how essential they are. And if you're at all interested in reading about Steve and Bucky back in the WW2 days, there's lots of material for that as well.

You are the complete package of awesomeness. Thank you very much. Would you mind if I friended you? whee

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
King Ursa Major
Winniwyn
King Ursa Major
Winniwyn

You are the complete package of awesomeness. Thank you very much. Would you mind if I friended you? whee

Sounds cool to me!

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Winniwyn
King Ursa Major
Winniwyn
King Ursa Major
Winniwyn

Sounds cool to me!

4laugh

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
So what got you interested in Winter Soldier?

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Winniwyn
So what got you interested in Winter Soldier?

I'm reading Marvel NOW's Captain America. Reintroducing myself into Marvel comics. For some odd reason I held this hate for Captain America. After reading the AvX series I forgot why. Now I want to read more about him. I also watched the Avengers TV show and animated movies and was even more interested.
Fantastic Art, GREAT STORYLINES. I can't see why not to buy it, frankly. I got two issues but I've decided to get the Paperbacks when I next get paid.

Steadfast Protector

On the one hand, Brubaker seems to get Captain America in a way I haven't seen
since Mark Gruenwald died.

On the other hand, I don't know if I can ever fully forgive him for bringing back Bucky.
Character deaths have become MEANINGLESS over my lifetime.
I remember when they could be poignant, meaningful, and truly affect the survivors.

Soldier

I think almost every character has died at some point or another. There are some characters that should never die.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff