Welcome to Gaia! ::

it just barely dawned on me but i don't get kryptonite... not the stone itself but what its doing on earth

krypton was REALLY REALLY far from earth from what i remember so how did all these hundreds heck thousands of pieces find their way to earth?
wouldn't they have had to be traveling at some ungodly speed just to make it to earth in like the 30 plus years superman was there

the explanation the animated series gave was understandable kals ship opened a worm hole when it escaped krypton and pieces got sucked in as well (from what i remember)
In New 52, some evil dude from the 5th dimension gets his hands on Kryptonite because Superman's baby ship was apparently powered by it.

Gee, that makes even more sense.

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
I think I read somewhere in the news that there was a discovery of a material that was like kryptonite....

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Kryptonite was created so the voice actor could take holidays back in the 40s' or whatever the ******** decade it was.

Super Genius

l zenitsu l
In New 52, some evil dude from the 5th dimension gets his hands on Kryptonite because Superman's baby ship was apparently powered by it.

Actually, yes. It does. Kryptonite is a radioactive material. Nuclear power, the last time I checked, was a thing.

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Lex Joseph Luthor
l zenitsu l

Actually, yes. It does. Kryptonite is a radioactive material. Nuclear power, the last time I checked, was a thing.

And he'd know...
Lex Joseph Luthor
l zenitsu l

I understand that its radioactive and that it is a power source. I was more reacting to the idea that the ship was powered by a substance created by Krypton exploding though now that I really think of it, Krypton's destruction was because of people using up too much natural resources in some continuities (I'm probably accidentally remembering Man of Steel).

So yes, I'm probably being retarded and/or thinking too much. "Kryptonite" could just be defined as the main power source that was harvested on Krypton much like how we have Uranium or Kryptonite could just be the irradiated fragments of a destroyed planet.

Then again, you're the expert and I don't mean that in a condescending manner. My intellect mostly involves skimming through Wikipedia and DC/Marvel wikias.
If I recall right, in most cases, there really isn't a lot of Kryptonite on Earth.

In most stories, there are only three people/organizations that have it in varying degrees: Lex Luthor (usually shown with a large chunk of it for some reason), Batman (enough for at least one Kryptonite Ring), and S.T.A.R. Labs (Possibly from Kara's ship, which was, in her original Modern Age story, encased in the stuff).

As for other forms of Kryptonite (red, black, gold, etc.) their appearance on Earth is usually limited to the Silver/Gold Age Superman stories.

As for his rocket being powered by Kryptonite, this is the first I'm hearing of it, though I don't keep up too much with the nu52.

Blessed Fairy

fun fact: Kryptonite comes in many colors but pink kryptonite turn Superman gay. I'm not being mean, I'm just saying how weird kryptonite is in the DC Universe to support the OP's logic.

Familiar Phantom

Rosemary_Red
fun fact: Kryptonite comes in many colors but pink kryptonite turn Superman gay. I'm not being mean, I'm just saying how weird kryptonite is in the DC Universe to support the OP's logic.

Fun fact:

It was in one comic.
In one panel.
As a joke.
In an alternate timeline.
From a reality that no longer exists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers