Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hiei the Epic
funny enough i just made an 'artist looking for writer' thread. but it seems a missed a few things and this thread has shown useful to me.

i noticed you have a list as well for artists, if i can be put on that i'd appreciate it. is there an application or form of some sort?
if you could provide a link to your thread, or a DA or something so people can contact you online, or see what kind of writer you're looking for that'd be useful =)

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
[~Ramble.Corset~]
Hiei the Epic
funny enough i just made an 'artist looking for writer' thread. but it seems a missed a few things and this thread has shown useful to me.

i noticed you have a list as well for artists, if i can be put on that i'd appreciate it. is there an application or form of some sort?
if you could provide a link to your thread, or a DA or something so people can contact you online, or see what kind of writer you're looking for that'd be useful =)
ah, right.

here you go: x.

i hope that works. i'm not entirely experienced with doing the seeking.

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
also, under the 'artists looking for writers' the link for bananapillow is telling me permission is denied..?

that i don't have permission to view the thread.
Hiei the Epic
also, under the 'artists looking for writers' the link for bananapillow is telling me permission is denied..?

that i don't have permission to view the thread.
I think there wound up being an argument in her thread, so she probably deleted/moved or closed it
Hiei the Epic
[~Ramble.Corset~]
Hiei the Epic

ah, right.

here you go: x.

i hope that works. i'm not entirely experienced with doing the seeking.
you've been added to the list, and that person - given the closed thread - has been removed ^^

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
thank you.
This thread is almost at the next page, but giving it a little bump with something to add.

RE:
Quote:
Previous work/accomplishments - samples are even better

Please note that around a page would be good and trying to keep as much information to yourself for fear of theft does not encourage someone to volunteer to draw your comic. First of all, it shows an unwillingness to share ideas--I don't mean giving your ideas out for free, but an unwillingness to cooperate in order to make things easier for your partner. Second, giving one sample page and a detailed description of your comic doesn't enable someone to steal your story. It really doesn't. They can try to, with the information given, but the way the idea is executed is what makes the difference.

Another note: Please add that conduct while posting as a writer-for-artist (or as an artist-for-writer) is highly important. Nobody wants to work with someone who is immature/rude or will blow up at them for having a different opinion/giving advice.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
corollary
Another note: Please add that conduct while posting as a writer-for-artist (or as an artist-for-writer) is highly important. Nobody wants to work with someone who is immature/rude or will blow up at them for having a different opinion/giving advice.

That's for sure. Looking at the behavior of some people, it's like they expect artists to be mute slaves who worship the ground the writer walks upon.

Which turns off anyone in their right mind.
I think a lot of it is just a result of immaturity and not malice. It's like, in their world, their ideas are so very clear, so very gripping and so very vital that they can't understand a world where someone wouldn't want to steal them.

But honestly, if I were such a lazy pieces of s**t that I would go cruising gaia of all goddamn places for my comic ideas?

I'm not drawing a page ever.

I try not to generalize, but come the ******** on! anyone who is actually lazy enough to steal ideas from here, isn't going to do jack s**t with them.

Not to mention that even if everyone in this subforum decided to draw one single idea, it would be different person to person unless we were drawing together and also shared a goddamn hivemind.

We don't want your ideas. We never have. Not even the good ones. ********.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Yeah. Someone who can't even come up with ideas, the easiest damn part, is pretty creatively bankrupt so they'd c**k up the execution if they even managed to actually do work.
Kaxen
corollary

That's for sure. Looking at the behavior of some people, it's like they expect artists to be mute slaves who worship the ground the writer walks upon.

I only worship myself. That's why I put red carpet in the soles of my shoes.

But on a more serious note: Even if there's pay involved, conduct can be the thing that makes or breaks a proposal. Plus, people will be more inclined to be helpful even if they aren't volunteering.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
corollary
Kaxen
corollary

I only worship myself. That's why I put red carpet in the soles of my shoes.

But on a more serious note: Even if there's pay involved, conduct can be the thing that makes or breaks a proposal. Plus, people will be more inclined to be helpful even if they aren't volunteering.

I'll put up with a lot of stuff for money, though after a certain point, I'd probably need to be paid double what I'm worth in my sweetest pipe dream.

Though yes, seeming friendly does make people more helpful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff