Welcome to Gaia! ::

An idea that has been buzzing around my head for a few days. I have a lot of the plot, characters, ect. down, and I have a few sketches, but unfortunately my scanner is broken. But any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Genre- Romance, Drama (LYK OMGZZZ!!11one! ROMACE, EEEWWW!!!11 I've had a few responses like this. And it really won't be one of those sickeningly fluffy and happy romances. I'm focusing more on characterization and well, angst. There's a better wording for it, I'm sure, but not at 2 a.m.)

Setting- Generic city. Setting isn't important. And I did say it was a short comic.

Characters-

Blanche
Age- 17-18 ish?
Appearance- A female albino- white hair, pale skin, pink eyes. Constantly wears sunglasses, sunblock, and long-sleeves because of her condition (they have weak eyes and skin). Also always wears a hat to cover her hair, the most pale thing about herself.
Personality- Aloof, distant, seemingly emotionless, nick-named 'Ice Queen' in highschool.
Info- From a very early childhood, she was always ridiculed and teased for the strangeness of her looks, even by her parents (as seen in her name, which she hates). So she began to distance herself from humanity, becoming more and more withdrawn until it actually pained her to come into physical contact with another human being (Most likely a result of a game a few boys used to play in grade school. They would poke her discreetly until she snapped. But she only ignored them, and yet it still made an impact.) She became a painter to find a reason for her life.

Gabriel
Age- 17-18 ish?
Appearance- Brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'7''. Pretty much an average Joe in the looks department.
Personality- Cheerful to hide insecurities, he gets depressed quite easily but would rather die than let it show. He works hard in every thing he does. Compassionate to a fault, he can never say no to someone in need. But because of that, he is easily duped.
Info- Family is extremely poor but happy. Because they themselves never had a full education, his parents constantly pressure him to do well in school. He dosen't want to disapoint them, so he deals with extra studying, taking care of younger siblings, and volunteer work. Lately he finds himself just wanting to stop following the expectations of others and do what he wants. But then he just gets caught up in the whirlwind again, and dosen't have a chance. At least, that's what he tells himself. However through this all, he puts on a happy facade so as not to burden others with what he thinks are 'stupid, and little troubles'.

Plot- Gabriel volunteers as a worker at a charity auction that will be selling the works of local artists. He notices Blanche at an art store where he is putting up flyers. Asks her to submit to the auction and she refuses. He persists, eventually ends up going to her rented (and shabby) studio daily, watching her paint. They have several involving conversations, including anything and everything between God and wearing white after Labor Day. In other words, pretty much anything. Blanche gradually becomes more open, until she finally consents to submit something into the auction. She asked what kind of charity the auction is for, and it turns out it was for an organization that gave support to those with ablinism. She is furious and storms out without saying anything. She isn't paying attention to where she is going and is hit by a car. At the hospital, they have to amputate her index and middle finger on her right hand. And she's right-handed, so she will no longer be able to paint, unless she learns to use her left arm.

...And that's all I have. o-o' I don't really want this to last all that more than fifty pages, so I'll need something that will end it quick from there.
I think it would be nice if Gabriel helped her learn how to paint with her left hand. That way, he can show how much he loves her, romance, you get it. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff