Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thanks, I'm sill debating color vs. greyscale a lot.
Oh I like it, it is nice to see other styles of drawing, and since your style is anime influenced its nice to see it colored too 3nodding
1-The navigation is fine. I even explained how it works. I'll work on the scroll over tags but seriously it takes two seconds to read about the navigation.
2-The I-frames arent a problem if you press f11 on your keyboard. In fact the whole site can be viewed nicely.(I have firefox)
3-I dont know why the font looks like that and it's the first time I'm hearing that. :/

Let it be reminded this is the fourth site(third that went online)I tried because it wasnt working in different broswers. I put alot of work into this recent layout so for now it stays until I get the chance to fix it. I don't mean to sound like a b***h here but I've been working on the site for about over a week now and it's been annoying trying to get everything to work the way they should.

I appreciate the advice you guys gave and I will be working on the site issues at a later date.

~Mel, Webmistress of Casting Shadows
As the artist speaking-- I need to improve on backgrounds x_x I've been trying to draw them in more in order to do so, but they've never been easy for me, one of the problems I admit. And although we have two artists, the comic art is done by me because as was pointed out it's a bit odd to have two different artists working on one comic. Thanks for the tips and the comments though. Yes it was made to be read Left to Right, and I've been hoping the newer pages have less confusing paneling then the first two (practice makes perfect)
Other then the navigation problems that have already ben mentioned you may want to add a "Archive" button/link so that people can find the exact page they were at last so that they don't have to click through pages...

Also, right now it looks like the title of the comic is "Time is of the Essence" not "Casting Shadows"; the fact I have to scroll on a 1024x786 resolution in order to see the title (which seems like a sub-title anyway due to it's placement) is a bad thing. You have to remember to design a website for dumb/lazy people- they're not going to read the explanation on navigation just so that they can read your comic; they'd probably leave if they don't see a link like "Comic"/"Manga"/"Story". Alt tags (that's what they're called small one) are good but they don't work on my browser (FireFox heart ) so it's better to just have the words there just straight out.
[grumble]Gaia ate my first post![/grumble]

I like the look of your website, although like Ace Girl I find the nav explaination a little... off putting. What about using the mouse roll over messages (don't know what they're really called) like when you hover over the main picture and "back to main" pops up?
I find the font a little large (it's like a size 18 in MS word on my browser, I find it... glaring) and on your character and link pages you need to scroll horizontally (= the evil in my opinion), however it's only a little bit, but nonetheless it's annoying. Otherwise it's a nice site.

Comic-wise... I like the intro for the characters, just surprised to see 2 different artists. The art is well drawn, although the proportions for the characters seem a little chibish they work! The background and props(like the guns) seem to be a little small compared to the characters though...
Also in the first two story pages the flow of the text (left to right I presume?) was a little confusing. At first I followed the panelling, then realised it was a mixture of text height and panelling that was the sequence. After that though it reads easily.

Interesting start. Keep going! xd
Thanks ^^
cool 3nodding
Thanks! ^^ Yeah the speech bubbles really made a difference I have to say. I'm so glad i redid them.

The webpage is pretty much the 3rd layout and has the look we were going for so we're sticking with it and fixing up problems as they pop up.

And as for the story, it's still develoing, heck the characters have just really gotten a feel for them I think (though I'd appreciate any confusion on insight on their part too). Prespective.. is something I'm really trying to work on. Thanks for the comments though ^^
Yay! Real speech bubbles! biggrin Awesome. I think I actually kinda like your comic. whee

My one complaint with the website would be that I really dislike sites that have indescipherable navigation, and then long bits of writing to explain it, when it would be easier just to have descriptive buttons. But that's kind of a personal complaint; it might not bother other people. xd

Oh, also, iframes within pages that already scroll are also kinda annoying. sweatdrop

But those are webpage comments. The comic is good. I think it's a bit early to critique story, but your art is nice - maybe some perspective work is needed, for sure, but mostly rather nice. smile
Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it. And the blue haired girl will be making her apperance -very- soon (like 3 pages) her name's Jera and she's very fun to write and draw.
DreamShadows
Well it was pointed out that it was important to have one solid and stable webpage for the webcomic. And we finally have it, thanks to a friend ^^ Now Casting Shadows is done and ready-- with only small upcoming changed to the webpage. We've also hit our 10 comic mark (might seem small but it's something.)

http://24.4.19.108/Casting%20Shadows/main.html

Now once again, any tips and comments are welcome, I want to know what people think. It helps make the comic better and helps me improve.
YaY! you're stable! You got your 10th comic, too!

Okay, I love the blue hair girl. The one with the glasses, red dress, knife and fishnet over the knee stockings.......she is hot.

I'm reading the comic now.
I didn't read any of it I just looked at the art sweatdrop

But the art was good! 4laugh
It's pretty good.
Well it was pointed out that it was important to have one solid and stable webpage for the webcomic. And we finally have it, thanks to a friend ^^ Now Casting Shadows is done and ready-- with only small upcoming changed to the webpage. We've also hit our 10 comic mark (might seem small but it's something.)

http://24.4.19.108/Casting%20Shadows/main.html

Now once again, any tips and comments are welcome, I want to know what people think. It helps make the comic better and helps me improve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff