Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

LINK HERE: RPG Hero ...or click the nice logo above!
UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY!!!

RPG Hero is a web comic that serves somewhat as a tribute to older jRPGs. It's a project that I've been working on for the past few years and finally conceptualized its format and full story line last year. It pretty much started out as me just making jabs at some of the common tropes you find in these games, but as it continued to grow, the comic evolved into its own story with its own characters and all that.

The premise is that an evil armored spellblade named Genesis, who is the leader of a kingdom called Malista, desires nothing more than to have complete power to rule over the world with fear. To obtain this awesome power, he seeks out the elemental chrysanthemums, which, when obtained, grant him power beyond anything imaginable. There are four different elements: Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth. It has been established that he has already obtained the power of fire, and using his henchmen and his army at his disposal, his plan is to scour the world over to uncover the rest no matter the means. The only problem is he must be somewhat discrete as he has somewhat of an alliance with the neighboring kingdom of Lancaster and he wants to use that to his advantage.

This is where the heroes come in. They're your typical teenagers who must save the world because anyone who is actually qualified to handle this sort of matter is unreliable.
First there's Strife Leonhart. He's your typical jRPG teenage hero with a single parent. He lost his father to a war that took place 10 years ago. He pretty much finds it ridiculous that he must be the one to save the world since he's a teenager with no training and there are many more competent people out there.
Next there's Lance Highwind. He's the token, goofy best friend of the main character. He's naive to a fault and does everything a typical jRPG hero would do, such as breaking into houses, stealing their treasure, etc. because he believes it's a hero's duty, much to Strife's dismay.

Here is a sample of the kind of artstyle I am shooting for.

User Image

And for those curious, here's the first issue.

User Image

The comics are initially 4 panels, or 4-comas, but they will eventually change to full pages as the story picks up.

As of now, I just launched my website a month ago. I have 14 issues up right now, I've got a prologue that's 10 pages, a world map, a couple of character profiles, and I have the bare bones of my whole story written up. My goal with this comic is to just make something that people will enjoy, I feel that if even just one person out there enjoys it, then that's good enough for me. I'm real happy with what I've come up with and I really want to share it with everyone.

I've never advertised myself before nor have I made a web comic before, so this is a new thing for me, but I hope you guys will take your time and check it out. Please let me know what you guys think! Any feedback would be welcome and feel free to leave constructive criticism as well! Thanks so much to those who took the time to read all this, it means a lot and I hope this will be something that you will enjoy.

Nimble Rogue

very funny, I was catching a lot of Chrono Trigger gags which I really liked. I look forward to more, I understand that something like this might be hard to churn out week after week, but I believe in you! keep it up!

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
NekuNinja95
very funny, I was catching a lot of Chrono Trigger gags which I really liked. I look forward to more, I understand that something like this might be hard to churn out week after week, but I believe in you! keep it up!

Thanks! Is it really that obvious I love Chrono Trigger? =)

Glad you like it and thanks for the comment!

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
dullahan1
Is it really that obvious I love Chrono Trigger? =)

A bit, yeah.

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Comic 16 is up! Even added a new section under the EXTRAS!

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Issue 20 of my web comic is up for viewing pleasure! Hooray for back story!

I've also updated the profiles and concept art pages as well so come check 'em out!

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Latest issue #24 of my comic is up! Bloodiest issue I've done yet!

On a note, this is the last issue I'll be doing that's just 4-panel. The comic will soon hit a point to where the story will start to pick up so I'll be adjusting the look of the comic and making it go full page instead! Which means more to read each week! I'm looking forward to start getting to the meat of the story and sharing it with everyone! I hope you'll enjoy it if you haven't been already! Thanks again for reading this guys!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff