Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi there, I am fighting the fight scream to draw comics, help a girl out? sweatdrop my art gallery

fund me?

Ahh your art is pretty cool!
Good luck with your project

Aged Citizen

This looks really promising!
Just be careful. Asking for money before having put out a comic is generally frowned upon because of how much fraud there's been in the past. Funding is usually done at the printing stage and there are some pretty big, pretty loud indie voices (e.g. Meredith Gran, Charlie Spike Trotman) that will voice their opinions against kicktarters, indiegogos, gofundmes, etc. by people who haven't made anything yet. If you'd like your campaign to pay for materials then I'd recommend getting a patreon, which provides steady income in small increments. The issue isn't you, it's that because of the thousands of scams, people are less keen to give to someone whose stuff they haven't experienced. They want to see what your work ethic is like. Are you able to live up to actually producing the content? One of the most effective approaches to raising money if to actually produce some pages and give people a proper preview of the actual product. There are some valuable resources all over the internet written by successful people (read: the girl who wrote that banks six figures after TCAF) that are there to help emerging artists get it together and not fail miserably.
If this approach isn't suited to you then I'd recommend finding a traditional publisher.

Anxious Cat

8,550 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
omfg...
your creatures is amazing... crying
Your art is AMAZING! I'm writing a manga now. Trying to illustrate it myself but your stuff is REALLY good.

You can read about it here.

Fair warning it could be a year before I'm finished writing my stuff. But feel free to add me/PM me.

Romantic Fairy

9,425 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Hey! Your art is pretty sweet! I've been looking for someone to help me on a few comics since I cannot draw sweatdrop But I have had bad luck with finding an artist... They always seem to disappear on me when it's time to get to work. The pay would be a spilt of the profit made from the books and you wouldn't have to help with the cost of publishing. PM me if you're interested and I can give you the concepts to see what book you want to help with heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff