Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm a beginner and have never done a webcomic. I'm trying to decide whether I should start with a plot driven series or a plotless comedy series...any suggestions would be helpful.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Pick the idea that is shorter. Or whichever one you have more fun thinking about.

Shadowy Phantom

Seconding Kaxen.

Do whichever you want to do more, don't worry about what other people want.

A shorter comic where you know the way the story will progress to the end before you start drawing is usually a good way to start, as open-ended comics can get very daunting and can turn you off from making comics before you've even seen what you can do.

Conservative Explorer

You could always do both. Pick one as your main that you'll be most driven to update, and then keep the other on the side to update when you want.

Feral Loiterer

Do whichever one you feel you want to do more. Don't worry about technique. That comes with practice and you'll get that with either option.

Though, if you go with the longer option, I would recommend thumb-nailing the frames.
You could try a one-shot comic/manga. It's basically like a short-story, but in comic/manga form. You could make it whatever genre you'd like. Usually artists who are looking to just test the waters go this route, that way they can see if they like it without making a full commitment.

Dangerous Lunatic

Pick the one that makes you feel the less pressured while still having a blast making it. Test the waters, experiment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff