Welcome to Gaia! ::

I dont know what to name my main character. He has long, red hair and blue-violet eyes. The comic is about the boy, who tries desperately to be someone great because he is poor and has no family. Hes an orphan, his mother dead, and his father gone. I have pictures in my gallery at http://kiraluna.deviantart.com

The comic is called "Finding Me"

I'm asking for suggestions on the name, first and last. The name needs to have meaning, it has to fit the character somehow, although any name will do because i can make it have a special meaning for the character.

Another detail is that his mother was very loving, and her favorite colors were red and blue.

I always use the Parenthood website for names. And if that doesn't bring me any names I want, I just make up some gibberish and pretend it has a certain meaning. xd

http://www.parenthood.com/babynames.html
What country is he from? If he is Japanese, might I suggest Reitan (aloof) or Hitori (alone)?
Shiken Daisuke
What country is he from? If he is Japanese, might I suggest Reitan (aloof) or Hitori (alone)?

Thanks! I actually think the name Hitori might be good. And youre the first person to actually suggest names. He's from the U.S., but it doesn't really matter because he couldve been named a japanese name anyway. Infact, i think i want him to have a name that's not an English name because his mother wouldve been more likely to pick a name in another language.
"Reitan" does not come up with any name entries in JWPce, so I wouldn't recommend using it. Hitori, on the other hand, does (which sure surprised me), though it's just listed as a generic given name.

If he's from the US, and you are going with his mother being Japanese, I'd suggest giving him an Anglic last name. You won't look like you're giving him a Japanese name just to be 'cool,' especially considering his appearance. Maybe even an Irish last name, with that red hair, but that may be a tad too cliche.

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
How about if u name that character as Hatori Miyama?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff