Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Man-Lover

I am making a manga for my school project. It will be digitally made but my English teacher wants it published and bound into a book so she can just flip through the pages. It'll be fully colored and such so I'm pretty sure it will not come cheaply if printed and bound into a hardcover.

I want to know or get some ideas on how to get it publish and how long it would actually take to be published. Please help me out. Thanks.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Ka-Blam is one of the comics-specific print-on-demand companies. I think their interior paper is a smidge thin (like if you have a big pale white page and the next page is blackest black, it's gonna look weird). The prices vary depending on how many pages your comic is. Their hardcover printing is temporarily closed but they offer floppies and square bound paperbacks. They take like a month if I recall correctly, but you can pay for them to speed it up. The price depends on the page count. A 20-page floppy would be $2.50 before shipping/handling and a 20-page squarebound is $4.58 before shipping/handling.

You could also try just printing a photobook. A 20-page 8.5x11" photobook is around $20-$30 at lots of places that do photo printing. Dunno which one would be the best though. Artscow gives free photobook credits pretty often. Blurb does a 7.75×9.75 photobook which might look more manga-shaped compared to how most photobooks are square or landscape.

Or there's always going to Staples or printing it at home and assembling it yourself. Making your own hardcover just takes some nice cardboard or matboard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff