Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Lunatic

Hello

I'm currently seeking a writer to help me out with a practice webcomic.

It's come to my attention that, while I continuously call myself a comic artist and have the intentions of writing and drawing my own comic one day, I still have yet to actually do so and can never seem to settle on an idea. So I'm going to try working with a writer before I make something of my own. First step is finding said writer~

I'm looking for someone that would enjoy writing a supernatural-themed comic with some light humour. This is mainly because I like drawing out cool humanoid monster designs (I have a few characters already designed as well, I just don't have stories to go with them u.u ) and putting them in embarrassing situations. Because this is rather an exercise for me to get a handle on being able to draw actual comic pages with panels and dialogue (my two greatest enemies), it'll most likely be done sketched with some colour in certain places for effect. Examples of my art/sketchy style are below.

User Image

(mind you, these are very quickly done. under 20 minutes or so) The blue monkey thing is named Zuzu. Now and forever.

Some little things that'll probably help somewhere:

I mainly draw male characters because it's easier, though my style usually makes them look like traps, whether it's intentional or not; if we did have a female character, she'd most likely have the same figure as the one drawn above, probably even more slight. I'm not good with words (thus, why I'm looking for a writer), but I like to discuss plot and stuff. I'm also not very good with romance, so if it's in the story, very VERY minor element (like an unattainable side crush that's never the main focus). Brainstorming, if I like the plot you've presented, would be done through skype. It's easier that way, because I can share my screen and show what's being worked on artwise as we talk. We'll probably derp around too and play pokemon or something cuz my attention span wanders and nothing should be all business =w=

So... yeea... Feel free to talk here or ask me stuff or PM me a plot bunny or something... //awkward shuffle

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
oooo...sounds interesting.

I would love to help you.

Anxious Lunatic

Snowblazer

Awesome~

Anything specific you have in mind or just bits and pieces of a something?

Feel free to move to PM to be all secret agent confidential and whatnot ninja

Explorer

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
Wonderful art style =]
i have the same issue too
trying to work on a comic but not having a story
you could try giving the characters personalities and the dialoge should be easy after that

Anxious Lunatic

se-wa joon
you could try giving the characters personalities and the dialoge should be easy after that

Coming up with characters is always the easy part though ;w;

I love making designs and giving them a personality to match. Such was the case with many of my own original characters. Sometimes dialogue between characters is easy that way too, but it's always out of context, something that would happen in the middle of a story rather than the beginning u.u

Kenny Cappuchino
se-wa joon

Coming up with characters is always the easy part though ;w;

I love making designs and giving them a personality to match. Such was the case with many of my own original characters. Sometimes dialogue between characters is easy that way too, but it's always out of context, something that would happen in the middle of a story rather than the beginning u.u

hmm
when i'm stuck with an idea i try to come up with the setting first,then set a "goal" for the the character to achive

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff