Welcome to Gaia! ::

i was just wondering if anyone had the luxury of tossing together comics based on 3d computer graphics
I've had plans for a while to do a comic with 3D backgrounds, I've just been to lazy to do it. As a genral rule I don't care for the ones done entirely in 3D, those types of characters just don't work very well if they're not moving.
Quote:
As a genral rule I don't care for the ones done entirely in 3D, those types of characters just don't work very well if they're not moving.

Ditto.

Though if you're interested in those, you can always go to Online Comics (.com I think) and look through their categories. There are a few 3D comics strewn about.

I prefer the good old 2D backgrounds, much like the rest of the comic.
true

i think most ppl are just used to seeing that kind of stuff moving
so when you see it just frozen like that its kinda like

what the heck?
Quote:
true

i think most ppl are just used to seeing that kind of stuff moving
so when you see it just frozen like that its kinda like

what the heck?

*nod*

And truth be told, I'm not a big fan of 3D works unless it's really well done. Most of the 3D comics I've seen are made out of the set dolls that come with the program, and they have that fake look to them that annoys me.

I think it'd be cool to get a 3D comic that looks as good as those Pixar films, and/or as good as Advent Children (looks like a fun movie, too!).
Quote:

*nod*

And truth be told, I'm not a big fan of 3D works unless it's really well done. Most of the 3D comics I've seen are made out of the set dolls that come with the program, and they have that fake look to them that annoys me.

I think it'd be cool to get a 3D comic that looks as good as those Pixar films, and/or as good as Advent Children (looks like a fun movie, too!).

Yeah, they're generally done using poser, which essentially does all the work for you and still looks like garbage. I have a degree in this stuff and we all hate those sorts of programs with a firey passion.

I'd like to see a 3D comic like that too. Seems unlikely though, considering that anybody who's that good is probably already working in film.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff