Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Howdy, all.

I like to write. I write a lot, mostly little things that don't go anywhere. I have a problem with skipping around, starting new things, and I have so many snippets and three-chapters-worth of unfinished novels that it's a bit pathetic.

So, what I'm looking for is someone who can edit well, give supportive critique, beta read some of my newer ideas, and maybe even help me stay on track. I want someone I can bounce ideas off of. I want someone who can tell me if what I'm doing is worth while. I need someone who will harry me into writing more than role play posts. I work better with deadlines, and maybe we can set up some sort of system. I don't really know all I need, but I do know that I'm having a hard time walking down this road by myself.

I write all sorts of things, but I usually find myself dicking around with fantasy and sci-fi. Those are the two genres where I feel most a home, because honestly those are the things I read. I enjoy romance in my role plays, though I have yet to get that far in any of my stories, so if I DO progress under your careful watch, expect some of that some of the time. I don't know if I will ever publish, how long any of these will become, so expect varying levels of length and intensity. Generally, I'm pretty laid back, which might be my problem.

In return, I would be happy to read and edit anything you would like to give me. I'm willing to read whatever, even fan fiction, though I have to admit I will probably be lost in that realm of things most of the time. I don't read it for fun, but I can still look for grammatical errors, yes?

We should probably do this over email. It's a lot simpler than doing it any other way. If you have AIM or Skype as well, so we can talk more quickly and readily, that would be cool too. It's not necessary, but it would be nice all the same.

I'm not going to ask you to drop everything and serve me at a moment's notice. I have school and other obligations, and I fully understand that we will both have a life.

PM me if you're interested. You can post here, too, if you want. When we get into contact, rest assured I will bombard you with a lot story.

Thank you all for stopping by. =3

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I am interested. I can be very impatient when waiting for a new chapter, that's helpful yes?

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Snowblazer
I am interested. I can be very impatient when waiting for a new chapter, that's helpful yes?

I hope so. I've never had anyone on my case about it before. We'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff