Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Prophet

Alright, everyone, I need a little help. I've roleplayed with these characters before, recently made some changes to them and now I want to write a story with these particular characters. As the title implies, it's a fantasy. The name UWOTH is the name of the world they live in, which comes from an acronym for "Unknown World Over the Horizon". So I wanted to get your input on some ideas, things you would change and keep, and things you feel should be added to the story.

With that in mind, let's put our minds together to make something beautiful.

Romantic Prophet

First off, I want to talk to you about the characters. All of the characters follow a Gaelic naming system, and once you translate the name/words into English "what you see on the tin is what you get", even with Ghadaim. Ghadaim is a combination of the words "Ghadai Cam" (which means crooked thief). I had a lot of this prepared before hand and have been making changes to it periodically, so I apologize in advance if this is a lot.

Cadell Maccadáin, 22 - Warrior - Recognized by his short, light brown hair and his dark blue eyes, Cadell is a young lad who had been taught by his father to fight. The art of swordsmanship has been passed down from generation to generation, and it is a tradition of the family to test the sword against the world. He has been shown to demonstrate great feats in both physical and inner strength; making him a great leader in battle and in life. Such prowess has been demonstrated as he forcefully took command of several squads and even battalions. During the war against the orcs, he’s shown time after time again that not only is he deadly on the field of battle, but also in the position of commander. Outside of battle, however, he's energetic and optimistic, and has no qualms about putting his life on the line for the safety of those around him; though somehow he still feels empty inside like there‘s something missing within him. Even with his deeds and his background, he actually has a bit of an identity complex where he’s unsure as to who he’s supposed to be and what he’s meant to be doing. As such, he is on a long journey to find himself.

Cadell has the inept ability to discover the secrets of those around him simply by talking to them; yet he never uses this to his personal advantage much to the surprise of others. He takes the weaknesses of others and shows people how to overcome said weaknesses. For example, he’ll talk to Ghadaim in private and give her the chance to really be herself.

Betrys Arlunydd, 24 - Ranger - A voluptuous maiden with shoulder-length, dark brown hair and eyes in the color of polished emeralds, Betrys is an experienced huntress whose craftsmanship is as precise as her marksmanship. She grew up the daughter of a famously artistic couple and as such inherited their talent and keen attention to detail and found herself in the art of archery and eventually decided to take it to the world, to see how the art can be applied and who it can help. Nowadays even more so than her artistic parents, she pays very close attention to detail, finding peculiar differences in even the slightest of changes within even the atmosphere itself. She's calm, laid-back , and can be very flirty in social gatherings but is also shown to enjoy the finer things in life such as the taste of different wines and knowledge of multiple cultures. She’s even known to speak multiple languages quote philosophers and fortune cookies.

Betrys is bisexual, no questions asked. Although she personally will state that she prefers to date men than women as women get “too close for me to enjoy my wine”. She harbors strong feelings for Ghadaim, being comically oblivious to Ghadaim actually being a woman… Not that it’d make a difference anyway if ever she found out, anyway.

Nimue Gyfareddu, 21 - Magician - Having short black hair, with the odd strands of her bangs decorated with a bow that hang down to her waist from the right side of her face; and violet eyes, Nimue has been for lead a rather troubled life... She was adopted by a rather wealthy fellow who owned a few businesses that supported his well-being as well as her own. She was never victim of the orphanage, just she happened to be trusted to this chap after her mother died giving birth to her and her father taken by the plague when she was only 7. Since then, her stepfather raised her and enrolled her into the magic academy, where she ended up becoming a top student. But it was around 14, the age of consent in this world did things take a turn for the worse… He started abusing her sexually, using her as the object of his fantasies. Just around the time she would’ve graduated from her magic training, she took her knowledge of magic and turned on him; killing him and avenging the savage murder of her innocence. However, she did not escape without developing a severe case of Androphobia, the psychological and irrational fear of men.

Yet, even with her Androphobia she finds herself very comfortable in the company of Cadell and the others. The other women allow her to feel that everything is going to be okay, while Cadell himself; while at first she was deathly afraid of him, is personally attempting to help her ovecome her fear of men; causing her to grow romantic feelings for him.

Ghadaim, 23 - Rogue - A beautiful maiden with dark skin, she’s recognized for her long silver hair and golden eyes with a surprisingly “motherly“ figure that‘d put Betrys to shame underneath her disguise. Disguising herself as a man in order to avoid assault as a lonely child growing up in the streets, “Ghadaim” was once just a “regular” pick-pocketing thief before her curiosity and greed turned her into a rather notorious treasure hunter. She's been living the life of crime for as long as she can remember since her parents put her up for adoption at a young age, and the nuns at the orphanage never really paid her any heed. She developed a sarcastic and cynical personality and a rather selfish agenda, but she's not actually a bad girl deep down. In fact, when you get past her “attitude” and her “street-grown wit“ and see that it‘s all just an act, she’s actually very modest and heavily burdened with uncertainty and doubt. And while she does care about everyone around her, she has a hard time showing this to the people who matter most.

She has considered several times actually professing her actual love to Cadell, however she isn’t exactly sure how it would work and as such remains completely silent on the matter. However, she will go above and beyond for him; as she’ll go to great lengths in order to make his “burden” easier.

Aislinn ó Ceallaigh, 21 - Priestess - An oddly proportioned young woman who believes her rear has taken what should’ve been her chest, she has long curly blond hair and eyes the color of the bright blue sky. Aislinn was an orphan just like the Rogue was, since both of her parents were taken by the plague when she was still such a tender age. However, she wasn't neglected by the nuns who found her like they neglected Ghadaim. Instead, she was raised as a member of the clergy who used the power of prayer to aid those around them. In her late teens, she eventually traveled the world believing that the Good Mother was guiding her to aid the innocent people who need her help. Since then, she was named an Oracle as only she could carry out her teachings, as if the Good Mother was speaking to her herself. And just as she was when she left the covenant, she is kind, sweet and sincere, and she cannot ignore a call for help; even in moments when she succumbs to simple human desires.

She pays close attention to Nimue as she understands that the Magician has been through a lot of pain. She assists Cadell’s attempts to help overcome her fear of men and remains a sisterly figure to the rest of the characters. However, she tends to have a “size complex” when it comes to the voluptuous figure of Betrys. If she’d only seen Ghadaim…

Aoi Aimhirghin, 22 - Bard - A slender gentleman with long, dark red hair tied into a braid; a pale expression accompanied by deep green eyes; rather feminine in appearance according to most folks around him. But hey, Aoi is nothing more than a traveling bard with a guitar, what more could you possibly ask for? He started traveling when his home was assaulted by violent snowstorms and demolished by avalanches before the decision was made to finally leave. As Aoi got older, maybe around 17 or so, he left his family behind to travel the world on his own, spreading joy and song everywhere that he went. At least until he found himself in some faraway kingdom that didn’t take too kindly to his voice of song; as he started sticking his nose in places he shouldn’t and as such became a wanted criminal. Now, he remains on the run from authority; with bounty hunters coming from all directions. As a precaution, he wanders town to town with a cloak over his head under the name “Cid Donovan‘. In spite of everything that‘s happened to him, he’s a lover of wine and song; and he makes for a rather proper gentleman in most social gatherings. Not exactly flirty, but not surprisingly the subject of women’s desires.

He happened to run into Betrys by chance, running from soldiers who happened to recognize him. Fortunately she was able to hide him for the time being while having Cadell to distract them, even if it hurt his wallet… Alcohol is expensive, no matter where you are. But since then, Aoi stuck with them since; becoming buddy-buddy with Betrys while being oblivious to everything Cadell knows.

Faolchu Tighearna, 41 - Professor - A tall gentleman with a pale complexion and a surprisingly young looking face, with long, slicked back, black hair with long side burns that reach his chin and pale silver eyes. Sir Faolchu Tighearna was once a renowned mathematician and a master alchemist. He was recognized by the academic society at a young age through his thorough research in scientific breakthroughs such as the first ever successful homunculus. But to him, it wasn’t enough… He abandoned the homunculus to attempt creating god-like creatures like the mythical hydra and ferocious chimera and began his practice of sorcery. His creatures scattered throughout the land, causing mayhem and destruction in their wake, and his magic became more and more powerful the more he developed it until one day he became mad with the obsession of infinite knowledge. He distanced himself from the rest of the populace so they wouldn’t disturb his practices, and anyone who made any attempt to stop him either became a meal for his beastly creations or the subject of another horrific experiment. With no room in his heart for sympathy or remorse, Faolchu comes off as expressionless and has perfectionist tendencies; and he very quickly loses his temper when he’s forced to realize he does not know everything.

The homunculus he created years ago is now running around as a pocket thief and treasure hunter who calls herself “Ghadaim“. In a later attempt to retrieve her for further experimentation, he was promptly apprehended by Cadell and the rest of his party. Though he fled the situation unscathed, he now harbors a burning hatred for the swordsman, the homunculus and their compatriots. Ghadaim herself is absolutely terrified of him.
Hmm, interesting. I like this atmosphere that you've set up around your characters. I'm now just wondering what sort of writing you'd like to do with this idea. Are you hoping for a novel/novella, something to be published in print or online, or something just for fun?

I'd be interested in collaborating with you if you'd like. I understand that this whole thing is yours, but I think it would be fun to help out.

Romantic Prophet

fitall200
Hmm, interesting. I like this atmosphere that you've set up around your characters. I'm now just wondering what sort of writing you'd like to do with this idea. Are you hoping for a novel/novella, something to be published in print or online, or something just for fun?

I'd be interested in collaborating with you if you'd like. I understand that this whole thing is yours, but I think it would be fun to help out.

Sorry for replying so late. I do plan on writing this as a novel and then hopefully animating it somewhere in the future.
These are some pretty fantastic characters. My question is, are you looking for people to write portraying these characters? If so, PM me. I'd be more than interested. Playing a character that someone else created is always a challenge.

Romantic Prophet

arie_the_fairy
These are some pretty fantastic characters. My question is, are you looking for people to write portraying these characters? If so, PM me. I'd be more than interested. Playing a character that someone else created is always a challenge.

It's not that exactly. You see, I'm awesome when it comes to creating characters and the like; that's always been my thing. Where I suffer is actually building the world they live in, as well as gathering ideas on the characters themselves. I'm open to all ideas.

Wheezing Phantom

Loving the characters, every single one of them. They have so much potential, and clearly a lot of passion has been put into them. I am, on the other hand, opposite of how you are. It has always been tedious for me to make them up.

I'd love to help out. Although I cannot guarantee how fast I can correspond to you. Oh, and commitment's a bit of a problem too. Life has and always will be gripping me by my tail's end. If I had one, that is.

Also, I have zero experience in collaboration works and my English isn't all that great.

If you're okay with that, then... yeah.

Otherwise, I'd like to help out in whatever way I can. Your characters are very promising.

Erwin Kohler

Sorry for replying so late. I do plan on writing this as a novel and then hopefully animating it somewhere in the future.

Wow! I couldn't help but notice the word. You animate? I'm currently taking it as an elective, but I've only started this year. The idea's all prettied up in my eyes now.

Romantic Prophet

AngelxDevil98
Loving the characters, every single one of them. They have so much potential, and clearly a lot of passion has been put into them. I am, on the other hand, opposite of how you are. It has always been tedious for me to make them up.

I'd love to help out. Although I cannot guarantee how fast I can correspond to you. Oh, and commitment's a bit of a problem too. Life has and always will be gripping me by my tail's end. If I had one, that is.

Also, I have zero experience in collaboration works and my English isn't all that great.

Otherwise, I'd like to help out in whatever way I can. Your characters are very promising.

Erwin Kohler

Wow! I couldn't help but notice the word. You animate? I'm currently taking it as an elective, but I've only started this year. The idea's all prettied up in my eyes now.

I'm not an animator as of yet. I'm still learning how to use flash and plan on going back to school for it. Although, I do wanna have at least a novel version of this before the animation progress begins. Just a little planning ahead.

Wheezing Phantom

Erwin Kohler
AngelxDevil98

Erwin Kohler

I'm not an animator as of yet. I'm still learning how to use flash and plan on going back to school for it. Although, I do wanna have at least a novel version of this before the animation progress begins. Just a little planning ahead.

I understand.
So what are your plans for now?

I apologise for the late reply.

Romantic Prophet

AngelxDevil98
Erwin Kohler
AngelxDevil98

Erwin Kohler

I understand.

For now, I just simply plan on having it down on paper somewhere so I can make this into a comic.

Wheezing Phantom

Erwin Kohler
AngelxDevil98
Erwin Kohler
AngelxDevil98

Erwin Kohler

I understand.

For now, I just simply plan on having it down on paper somewhere so I can make this into a comic.

Ah... okay... I wish you all the best, then.

Dapper Zapper

19,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
I would be interested. Im glad you hvae already built the characters since I can create the world in a hour but the characters I will spend days on. sweatdrop

If you need a worldbuilder I would be happy to help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff