Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey! I'm Roma, 21. Newbie.

And yeah, I need a writer and artist for this story I have.

And I'm not an artist. Heh.

"WAT"

Well... yeah, I have a story inside my head right now. I already have the plot (50% complete) and character designs for the characters (I'll show them if ever someone asks). BUT, why did I say "that I am neither an artist nor a writer"? I'm probably not so confident with my writing and art skills. SO, I decided to find another writer to help me with... I guess the script.

Again, I can draw. After I show you a few samples of my drawings and maybe you'd understand why I can't call my self an artist (or whatever I should be called). It's probably the art/drawing style that I am worried about... idk. I don't have the materials/equipment needed for me to do "decent" art (coloring materials, pens/pencils... those stuff). I do have a scanner, but the quality kind of sucked. (I just used copies of the lectures I had in college for drawing. Hehe.)

When it comes to writing, well... I haven't written anything "properly". I have a plot, a few characters (with a bit of background and "personality" wink , the "problem", and the "flow of the story". I think what I should say is... I don't have a script. OR I'm not "too confident" with my writing skills (and again, I haven't tried writing literary stuff). Probably it's my "limited English vocabulary" that limits my writing skills... or I don't know. I'm also thinking of "how the story should be told or narrated", I mean the POV (whether first or third person perspective - I'm planning on doing it with first person POV). You may call this one a "character-driven story"... idk, feel free to correct me.

(Maybe I should start writing down the plot so that you guys could "judge" my writing skills or something.)

I also thought of another problem. Should I "use" a comic for my story or just right them down with a few illustrations (graphic novel)? Right now I'm thinking of doing the story "comic style" because, IMO, it's easier to depict the emotions (through facial expression or something) by drawing it rather than "describing" it ("And as she looks to him, she smiled..." something like that).

This is probably what the story will be about (theme/genre)
Time-travel
Parallel universe
God-tier character(s)
Memories
"Existence"
Involves "furious intellectual brainstorm(ery)" (like... socio-political stuff?)

And then...
Drama, romance, and "slice of life" (and the "dark" realities of life)
Comedy (?)
TRAGEDY :O
Sci-fi
Action
Adventure
Mystery/Psychological thriller
Supernatural
Super-powers

I guess that's it...

And after mentioning what the theme/genre would be... Do you think it is too broad?

I don't really know, but maybe it is.

=====================================

I guess that's enough for now. If it's too long, welp... sorry.
Hi. I'm Clare, and I guess I could say I'm a writer. I can draw a little, but not well, which I compensate for by writing, I suppose. I can try to help you, if you want. I can write something up if you want a sample, seeing as the story I have currently is a bit unsafe for work. redface I'd love to help, and I'd be honored if you let me help you.
Mystical JewelRose
Hi. I'm Clare, and I guess I could say I'm a writer. I can draw a little, but not well, which I compensate for by writing, I suppose. I can try to help you, if you want. I can write something up if you want a sample, seeing as the story I have currently is a bit unsafe for work. redface I'd love to help, and I'd be honored if you let me help you.

Whoa! Sure! PM me for that. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces