Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daemala

Writing Blog

Samples of my In Character Writing
Sigungala | Warren Aulare | Dhodrimme

I also have 3 books in the process of being written, and published poetry.

I'm currently collaborating with too many people right now. But maybe sometime in the future.

Writing Blog

Samples of my In Character Writing
Sigungala | Warren Aulare | Dhodrimme

I also have 3 books in the process of being written, and published poetry.

Beloved Hunter

5,125 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Hello there! My name is Jess. I do hope you're still looking. If so, I would be interested. I've been wanting to collab on something for quite a while now. (: If there is an interest, send a PM my way and I'll give you some samples of my work.
Kingdom Of Flowers
It would most likely be high fantasy.

Although romance doesn't have to be the main theme, there would be romance in the novel.

Hmm, okay that would work for me. Have you done much in the way of world building yet?
Kingdom Of Flowers
I kept trying to click on your link but my computer won't let me go to the site. It's the right address and everything, but it's not letting me go there for some reason, I've been trying for the last two days.

I'd love to read more of it. How long is it exactly? Could you send it via PM? You don't have to.

Strange, the site works fine for me. It's not really any trouble to just PM it to you though. Together, the first two chapters are 7,260 words. It's not long, but at the same time, you don't need to worry about reading it all in a single sitting.
Kingdom Of Flowers
Would you like to hear a few of my ideas?

Sure, send me a PM if you want.
Kingdom Of Flowers
I'm looking for someone who can switch the novel back and forth fairly often, a couple times a week. Writing about 1000 words or more each time. Would you be able to keep up with that?

A thousand words, a couple of times a week? I don't see any problems keeping up with that pace.
Kingdom Of Flowers
We would also be correcting each other's work each time it is sent. And you would be allowed to make changes to whatever the original person has written.
Any notes that you have or ideas, any talking that is not part of the novel, would be in red. And I'd like to keep the novel in font size 9. I'd be saving it on a word document as we went along, collecting it and editing it.

Okay, I usually prefer to work with larger font, but I can just Ctrl +, so that's not going to be a problem for me.
Kingdom Of Flowers
If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

I have a few, I can PM them to you, if you want.
Maltese_Falcon91

It would most likely be high fantasy.

Although romance doesn't have to be the main theme, there would be romance in the novel.

I kept trying to click on your link but my computer won't let me go to the site. It's the right address and everything, but it's not letting me go there for some reason, I've been trying for the last two days.

I'd love to read more of it. How long is it exactly? Could you send it via PM? You don't have to.

Would you like to hear a few of my ideas?

I'm looking for someone who can switch the novel back and forth fairly often, a couple times a week. Writing about 1000 words or more each time. Would you be able to keep up with that?

We would also be correcting eachother's work each time it is sent. And you would be allowed to make changes to whatever the original person has written.

Any notes that you have or ideas, any talking that is not part of the novel, would be in red. And I'd like to keep the novel in font size 9. I'd be saving it on a word document as we went along, collecting it and editing it.

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.
Hmm, I might be interested, though I guess it really depends on what sort of genre you plan on writing. I know almost nothing about writing romance, but I'm proficient enough in Fantasy and Science Fiction.

I have an example of my work ready. It's fairly long, so, in the interest of not turning your thread into one giant wall of text, I'll just post the first few paragraphs. If you want to read the rest, you can find it here.

Aberrant Replication Chapter 1
"It wasn't mine" Alex Malloy grunted, as he ran his fingers along the steel cuffs that bolted his wrists to the table.

"That right, Malloy?" the prison guard said, his face obscured behind the black visor of his exosuit. "The tooth fairy just decide to leave three hundred and twenty five milligrams of oxycodone under your pillow last night?"

"I already told you, I don't know how it got there" said Alex. This wasn't the first time he'd been grabbed by the guards, and he knew better than to show fear.

"Come on, don't play coy with me" the guard said, slow and deliberately. "You're just a mule, you didn't have anything to do with the clinic break in last night. I know it, you know it, by now? The whole damn ward knows it too. But you know what, Malloy? We don't care. We don't want you, we want the scum bag you work for. Start talking, and maybe I can arrange to get you out of Rockfield, hell, maybe we can get you back to your nice and cushy cell up in Quebec City."

That was a lie, and he knew it. If he snitched out Tarasov, they'd just throw him in ward four, the hole for a few weeks, and when he got out, they'd probably start placing bets on how many hours he survived. Paragon Correctional, the company that ran the prison had made sure to hammer one thing into him since he'd first stepped off that submarine, that the only way he was ever getting out was in a back door parole, a body bag. Alex just looked him straight in the visor, and said nothing.

"Gonna make me do this the hard way, huh?" there was disappointment in the guards voice, but Alex could hear something more. Glee. You had to be crazy to work at Rockfield. Sure, the pay was good, but the whole prison sat three hundred metres beneath the Atlantic ocean, it had probably been months since he had seen sunlight or tasted air that hadn't been recycled. But Alex could tell that the guard enjoyed every last second of his job and they both knew what was coming.

After a few minutes had passed the guard spoke up "Still ain't talking, eh? I guess I'll just have to make do with them purty little screams of yours instead."

For a moment, nothing happened, then Alex's vision exploded with red.
xX_FallenStar1525_Xx
Kingdom Of Flowers
xX_FallenStar1525_Xx

I'm sorry, but i'm looking for something higher quality then this.
I don't think you'd be able to keep up.
Sorry.

I did say this wasn't my best.
Maybe I could see some of yours and I could tell you if we compare or not? I don't really have any good examples on a computer cause I hand write most of the time.

I'll send you a PM.

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Kingdom Of Flowers
xX_FallenStar1525_Xx

Sorry.

I did say this wasn't my best.
Maybe I could see some of yours and I could tell you if we compare or not? I don't really have any good examples on a computer cause I hand write most of the time.
xX_FallenStar1525_Xx

Sorry.

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hello. I am currently looking into ideas for a book. Although i have never been published and haven't completely finished a book before, i can have interesting ideas with GREAT detail. i once won a writing contest at my school and got $500. i would be very interested to see what we could do together. I know im probably not up to your standards, but i might be worth a try.
Here is an example of a short story i did for class....its not the best, but its just a starter to show you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does moving have to be so hard? Why do I have to move anyways? Couldn’t my parents just leave me here instead of ruin my life with a meaningless move?
I guess this time it could be better. Moving into a dinky little town in Connecticut couldn’t be that bad. At least people won’t know my family there. My weird, animal focused, father. All he does, every day, go to work and come home and work on loads and loads of theories for his research. I miss when I was a kid and he would take me out for ice cream and pick me up from school. I guess now that I’m seventeen, that stuff would be a little too eccentric for father daughter bonding time. Although Amy down the street, she gets to go everywhere with her dad. It’s a bit odd because she’s closer to him than her own mother.
Ah, my mom. Good old mummy. Now her on the other hand, I’d like to just slap sometimes. Even though she works almost as much as dad, she is always in my business or coming up with new things for us to do together. And when it comes to shopping with her, The Major Maxim Antique outlet is the only place she wants to go. I suppose she figures she could find a new, rare piece of photography for her to hang in our cluttered house. Her being a photographer herself, we have too many pictures on our walls. Her favorite has to be the one above the fireplace. It was taken somewhere in a jungle, but the only thing that’s really in good perspective, is a single feather of a toucan, falling slowly to the forest floor.

I sometimes wonder if I should find my life in this family as a gift or a curse. It can be pretty hectic. And now today, moving day, with everyone running around, trying to pack our extra belongings, I wonder how we could be anything but, hectic.
“Sarah, are you ready to go?” My mother calls to me from the stairs as she rushes down them with a small black box and my brother’s suitcase in her arms.
I reply in a slow, emotionless tone, “I’ve been packed for hours.”
When we arrived at the new house I felt a sort of pride to see that my dad had kept his word about making my room facing a forest. I felt like a silly request after seeing all the other views I could have had. But it made me happy, nonetheless to get what I had asked for in the beginning.
The house was relatively big, five bedrooms, three bathrooms, two car garage. And we had the large amount of property. This most of all excited my dad. Since he could explore the forest attached to our property. And well. That is something I am secretly looking forward to myself. It’s a big change from the middle of Boston, to Colebrook Connecticut. The small town we lived in wasn’t all that bad. The people looked friendly enough. Although, there’s only one high school within miles, that’s Richwood high. The school I will be attending in two days.
My first day of school was weird to say the least. I kept on running into this guy throughout the day. He was a dark haired, tall boy, with deep hazel eyes. He seemed to have a unique feature on his jaw bone area. A scar, that was barely noticeable. He wore what seems to be the high school’s football “varsity” jacket. But, every time I saw him, we would make eye contact and he would smile. A little creepy, right? Maybe he liked me because I was the new girl? I mean, I know my appearances were fairly well and I was smart enough.
When I arrived home, no one was there. Like usual. Mother was probably out trying to talk some local company into buying her business. Although, in this dinky town, I doubt she’ll have much luck. Dad on the other hand, well he could be anywhere in the forests nearby.
“Ah well, I suppose I can relax a little until they get home.” I took the opportunity to catch up on some sleep. As I lay in my bed facing the forest, I watched and wondered. What experience would be awaiting me in this new, unknown life? What of the kid from school? Will I make friends? I guess that’s for tomorrow to know more. I began to close my eyes as I drifted off to sleep, just as there was a slit of light left, I saw a dark shadow cross through the trees in the forest below. I was too tired to get up and by the time I reopened my eyes for a better look, it was gone.
I woke to the beeping of my alarm. School. I got up and prepared for the day. Mother and father got in late last night, so as expected they weren’t up yet. It’s basically been this way since the 5th grade. But, I’ve become accustomed to the bliss of an undisturbed coffee in the morning. Right as I was about to walk out the door, I saw a note hanging on the wall next to a shelf. It read.
Sorry for coming in late last night honey, but me and your father were trying to find you a good one. Hope you like it.
Love, Mom.
Like what? And then I saw it, a pair of car keys sat on top the shelf. They actually got me a car! I swooped them into my hand and rushed out the door.
Ill thank them at dinner, I thought. The car was beautiful. I could understand now why some guys go crazy of them. My car was brand new, shiny, and just what I wanted. A 2007 Black Range rover. The inside was like luxury. “I don’t know how you afforded it, but it’s great.”
As I parked at school. I watched the kids run by as they raced to their classes. It seems the bell had already rung. I got out and began to rush to my first period. I was stopped at the front door by someone who seemed to be the principle. He scolded me for being late and made me follow him to the office. Jerk much, it is only my second day. As I sat in a chair for what seemed the whole period, he finally came to talk to me.
“Do you understand why I brought you to the office,” he asked dully.
“No, it’s only my second day sir, I was late.” He stared at me as though thinking.
“You must be the new girl from Boston.” He actually knows who I am. Maybe he’s not all a jerk.
“Yes sir.” I said with a smile.
“Well,” he paused for a moment to recall my name, “Sarah, we have a no tardy policy, please remember to make it on time to school or you will have detention. You are free to go to your classes now.” I was wrong, he totally is a jerk.
The rest of the day went pretty slow. I made sure to not be tardy, didn’t want to deal with stupid again. When I drove home it was peaceful. The scenery may not be the same as shopping malls and buildings, but it had an effect on you. Suddenly, in the middle of my mesmerized driving, the car went up and down. Oh no, I hit something. I slammed on the brakes and opened the door.
When I got out, I didn’t see anything at first. Maybe I had imagined it? But then, as I looked around I saw it. There was a small trail of blood that led off the road into the trees. I followed it cautiously. I heard a swish in the bushes ahead of me and I called, “Hello, I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to help.” Just then, a head popped out of the bushes. Not a raccoon or a dear, but a person.
I was amazed and shocked to see who it was, the boy from school.
“Hi, my name’s Rick, and I believe you hit me with your car.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. smile
Deleted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas