Welcome to Gaia! ::

link_jr97
The last time I slept over at my friend's house he told me I could eat dinner there then he didn't want to get any food for some reason. Just cause he wasn't hungry was no reason not to let me grab something for myself so he promised me a big breakfeast. Guess what! In the morning.... He didn't feel like eating so I had to go home and make myself something. I'd been waiting all night to eat something.

Well that's just plain rude on his part.

Perhaps you just shouldn't stay the night at his house... ever.
Well... my conclusion is that:

The host is soley responsible for entertaining the guest.
If the host doesn't want that responsibility then the host shouldn't be a host.

Second of all I agree with the fact that when you sleep over at somone's house it should mainly be about mutual entertainment but when your sitting there doing an activity that you don't want to do then your gonna wanna leave. Also

The last time I slept over at my friend's house he told me I could eat dinner there then he didn't want to get any food for some reason. Just cause he wasn't hungry was no reason not to let me grab something for myself so he promised me a big breakfeast. Guess what! In the morning.... He didn't feel like eating so I had to go home and make myself something. I'd been waiting all night to eat something.
i guess im more blonde than i thought.......i didnt even understand 1 word!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ruth Wildmage
wow. your friend is right not you. i'm surprised that you had to ask. stare

Explain why you think that. Cause I think it's the other way around.
wow. your friend is right not you. i'm surprised that you had to ask. stare
raven silverwing
I believe your friend is right, actually. 3nodding

In what ways?
I believe your friend is right, actually. 3nodding
jennMWdragon
A good host let's the guest decide what they should do. The host must entertain the guest.

I concur with you 100% on that one.
link_jr97
You have a good point there you know. But what happens with our sleep overs is this. Me and my friend would both be happily involved in an activity together than suddenly he gets bored and wants to do something else. Meanwhile me.. When I get into something I GET INTO SOMETHING!!! And I don't wana stop till I get bored. Well.... I go and do what he wants with him and I end up sitting up in his room in a chair for hours on end watching him play gamecube and talking with him. THE BOREDOM!!! IT BURNS!!!!! Usually by this time it's too late to go home even though I pretty much live next door because I'd end up waking every one up in both households. Then in the mornings he always wakes me up when he wakes up. If I'm up till past 5 am in the morning I am not going to be getting up at 10 am! I'm gonna wanna sleep in. So you all can see where I'm coming from. Well I understand where your coming from Trinity_dispair. It sucks to be ignored!!

I'll do stuff with my friends when I sleep over as long as it's not boring for me. And usually when my friend asks me to do stuff with him IT IS BORING FOR ME!!!!!

Plus I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR When I go over there. Which sucks!!
You won't believe how many days of school I've missed from lack of sleep on the weekends!!!!!

After reading this post, I've decided that maybe you guys shouldn't have sleep overs. Just hang out till you guys get bored or whatever and then go home. Even if just one of you gets bored, whoever isn't in their house should just go home and do something else.
A good host let's the guest decide what they should do. The host must entertain the guest.
You have a good point there you know. But what happens with our sleep overs is this. Me and my friend would both be happily involved in an activity together than suddenly he gets bored and wants to do something else. Meanwhile me.. When I get into something I GET INTO SOMETHING!!! And I don't wana stop till I get bored. Well.... I go and do what he wants with him and I end up sitting up in his room in a chair for hours on end watching him play gamecube and talking with him. THE BOREDOM!!! IT BURNS!!!!! Usually by this time it's too late to go home even though I pretty much live next door because I'd end up waking every one up in both households. Then in the mornings he always wakes me up when he wakes up. If I'm up till past 5 am in the morning I am not going to be getting up at 10 am! I'm gonna wanna sleep in. So you all can see where I'm coming from. Well I understand where your coming from Trinity_dispair. It sucks to be ignored!!

I'll do stuff with my friends when I sleep over as long as it's not boring for me. And usually when my friend asks me to do stuff with him IT IS BORING FOR ME!!!!!

Plus I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR When I go over there. Which sucks!!
You won't believe how many days of school I've missed from lack of sleep on the weekends!!!!!

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
I don't know I kinda of think you're right for the most part, but when I invite people over some things really get under my skin. Like when I invited my cousin over to spend the night, it bothered me that when I asked if she wanted to do this or that she said no and just kept reading. So I went to watch music videos. I invited her to join me 3 or so times, and she always said no. Then she spent time on the computer chatting, and I invited her again to go outside with me and two other friends, she again refused, I had asked a couple times. And cause I was spending time with my friends my parents got mad at me. But I didn't get it, My cousin was entertained and I could not make her more so, nor could I join her in the activities. Later I asked her if I would've asked if she would have wanted to do something she said she would've said nothing.And that bugs me, when my guest completely ignores me. I asked them over for company, not to use my stuff and basically ignore me... sweatdrop
You should have probably been a lot politer about not wanting to go over to his house. No wonder he got pissed. But then again, he was being pretty rude too. Dude, did you guys get in a fight or something BEFORE you had this conversation? 'Cause you both sound kind of irked in a pissy sort of way, if you know what I mean. (PMS! PMS!)

Shi-tchi wink
SERIOUSLY. It's impossible to tell what's going on!
But...what I got out of it is that your friend is a bit paranoid and that you should just invite him over (or vise versa) and compromise when you're THERE instead of beforehand. And...it sounds like your friend was angry about something else when he talked to you.
Shi-tchi
That was exactly my point exactly.
I said I wouldn't be sleeping over at his house until he decided he could fullfill those expectations. And I'm doing the same as goes with me being a host.

He was trying to get me to sleep over and I gave him plenty a reason I didn't want to. I'd be much happier just staying at home. I was saying well There's no point in going over there and not having fun when I could just stay here and go on the computer the whole time and stuff my face full of good wholesome meals. (Proper meals.. .. not like. eating myself out of house and home)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff