Welcome to Gaia! ::

Requiem in Mortis
Gunnisberg
Requiem in ******** hate mecha that isn't [i]Gurren Lagann or Code Geass, and even then I hate the ending of the former.

And how has nobody mentioned Black Lagoon yet? Revy is manlier than 90% of all male anime characters and STILL manages to give me a b
kq5cncuj:2="Requiem in ******** hate mecha that isn't [i]Gurren Lagann or [i]Code Geass[/i], and even then I hate the ending of the former.

And how has nobody mentioned [i]Black Lagoon[/i] yet? Revy is manlier than 90% of all male anime characters and STILL manages to give me a boner.

Maybe you just watched crappy titles.
Martian Successor Nadesico, Neon Genesis Evangelion, parts of three separate Gundam series, Macross Frontier, Full Metal Panic!, The Big O, and Eureka Seven, plus another one my brothers liked who's name escapes me. Hated every one of them. Mecha anime's just not my thing.

Except for The Big O, all the mecha animes you listed have generally the less hot-blooded main characters. Not to say they're bad in my opinion but if you want something filed with violence and adrenaline I would recommend either one of the three Getter Ovas. Hurry for double-post!

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
SukuramburuDashu
Kouji Kabuto is the original manly man

BURESTO FIYA!

User Image
Gunnisberg
SukuramburuDashu
Kouji Kabuto is the original manly man

BURESTO FIYA!

User Image

i cri errytime

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Gunzstray
Sargonarhes
Gunnisberg
Dont_Fear_the_Reefer
Princess Tutu was an incredibly manly anime.

I was gonna call you on it, if it wasn't so true.

Are you kidding? Thought I was going to die laughing from the 2nd episode. A dancing anteater.... rofl

Try Legend of Galactic Heroes for a manly series.
The characters live and die like men.

Are you saying ballet is not a manly hobby emotion_donotwant

I love this thread.

Golden Spark

User Image
Not even one single mention of Jojo in this thread. I am disappointed.
Herp derp duckie
User Image
JJBA characters are designed a bit tooo FABULOUS to properly find a place in the manly anime thread.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Herp derp duckie
User Image

JJBA fans are a minority and a dieing race. Lets hope the anime garner some newer fans.

The Climax
JJBA characters are designed a bit tooo FABULOUS to properly find a place in the manly anime thread.

Anything manly is welcome here.

Though just like any anime suggested, you're in charge of keeping it alive.

Salty Gawker

Herp derp duckie
User Image

What's there to mention aside that translation are back and running.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Why isn't this on the first page? Get back up there!

OKAY, so I'm experiencing difficulties with a model kit...
We can discuss our robot toys too, right? Because they're really, really manly. ; n;

I purchased a 1/144 Char custom Zaku II last weekend, and building it isn't the problem, it's color.
This poor little Zaku is a solid red, but it gives a guide on the colors needed for detail.
So... what do? I'm new to the model building game so I'm not so confident in paints, and I'm unsure if Gundam Markers are for detail or general coloring tom foolery?

Where do I get the proper colors for a this Zaku because I want it to look beautiful.

Also, I find mono-eyed suits to be really cute and doofy because of their eyes themselves. I dunno' where the charm comes from.
But every time they look around at something with their big pink eye I'm like "d'aww ~~"

Salty Gawker

unless its a farm
Why isn't this on the first page? Get back up there!

OKAY, so I'm experiencing difficulties with a model kit...
We can discuss our robot toys too, right? Because they're really, really manly. ; n;

I purchased a 1/144 Char custom Zaku II last weekend, and building it isn't the problem, it's color.
This poor little Zaku is a solid red, but it gives a guide on the colors needed for detail.
So... what do? I'm new to the model building game so I'm not so confident in paints, and I'm unsure if Gundam Markers are for detail or general coloring tom foolery?

Where do I get the proper colors for a this Zaku because I want it to look beautiful.

Also, I find mono-eyed suits to be really cute and doofy because of their eyes themselves. I dunno' where the charm comes from.
But every time they look around at something with their big pink eye I'm like "d'aww ~~"

HG or the old a** 1/144(because those things are plenty worthless) I find markers terrible at long term, and their limited in choices unless you grab different packs. But their really easy to use and bleeding problem dont occur as much with brushing with paint. Also, always topcoat the model if you want to stick for long.

I suggest grabbing The RG Char zaku lunamarias zaku in SD form if you want an adorable and decently articulated red zaku.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Gunzstray
HG or the old a** 1/144(because those things are plenty worthless) I find markers terrible at long term, and their limited in choices unless you grab different packs. But their really easy to use and bleeding problem dont occur as much with brushing with paint. Also, always topcoat the model if you want to stick for long.

I suggest grabbing The RG Char zaku lunamarias zaku in SD form if you want an adorable and decently articulated red zaku.

It was for sale in a little store in Japantown for seven dollars so it's not like I spent an arm and a leg for it, so it's not all bad.
This is my third 1/144, since I wanna start small and work my way up.
I don't want to buy a big, bad a** model only to get intimidated and end up unable to build it. D':

Hm... yeah, that was the issue I had with the markers the store sold.
They had lots of different packs, but pink was in one, and brown was in another... and grey in another...
It's like, I don't wanna buy four or five packs just for specific colors, that's so expensive hngh.

Okay, thank you! I've been on a Char kick lately and I liked the red zaku most, so I don't mind alternatives!

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Gunzstray

Good god sorry for the double post, but RG Char zaku is nice but SD zaku is too cute.
Just looked them up and I can't deal with it. orz ll

Salty Gawker

unless its a farm
Gunzstray

Good god sorry for the double post, but RG Char zaku is nice but SD zaku is too cute.
Just looked them up and I can't deal with it. orz ll

Remember when you said being intimidated by larger scale kits. What if we you took all those bits the larger kit has, and make it smaller. that's why I'm not suggesting the RG yet because the parts are easy to lose and the frame is a little more fragile.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Gunzstray
Remember when you said being intimidated by larger scale kits. What if we you took all those bits the larger kit has, and make it smaller. that's why I'm not suggesting the RG yet because the parts are easy to lose and the frame is a little more fragile.

Ahh... right, makes sense. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
I'll look into an SD then when I have the spare cash. :'>

Oh another question... suggestions on how to better clip pieces off of their little racks while building?
Here and there I'll get tiny sharp edges from the prong I snapped it off of, and I'm sitting here like...
"This will make my little guys look sloppy as well as kill my fingers if I pick them up, well damn."

Salty Gawker

unless its a farm
Gunzstray

Ahh... right, makes sense. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
I'll look into an SD then when I have the spare cash. :'>

Oh another question... suggestions on how to better clip pieces off of their little racks while building?
Here and there I'll get tiny sharp edges from the prong I snapped it off of, and I'm sitting here like...
"This will make my little guys look sloppy as well as kill my fingers if I pick them up, well damn."

Don't snap them of the spruce, use a wire cutter for taking them off(there are specific hobby cutters which are better but annoyingly expensive) Your nubs will be less painful to look at. And if you want those nubs gone. Grab a file or sandpaper them use polishing compounds so that the surface doesn't look and feel grainy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff