are you a b***h that likes bananas

yes 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 5 ]
no 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 3 ]
i don't know 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
reserved for nina 0.30769230769231 30.8% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 730 731 732 > >> >>> »|

Bashful Fairy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the fanthread.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Welcome!

✖ This is a fanthread in tribute to the anime Hunter x Hunter, by Yoshihiro Togashi. We're a light hearted bunch, who enjoy having fun, cosplaying, discussing all things Hunter x Hunter, and griping about hiatuses ( xD ). The purpose of this thread is to give those who are fans of the series a place to go and discuss the anime / manga, but not only that, also to make friends, become more involved in the fandom, and just have a general good time!

Links of Interest:

[ introduction ✖ welcome ] | [ mods ✖ rules ] | [ regulars ✖ cosplays ] | [ layout ✖ floor plan ] | [ contests ✖ events ] | [ thread news ✖ series news ] | [ links in ✖ links out ]

Bashful Fairy

moderators ✖ rules

Thread Moderators:

Kuratashi
    Nick Leerie
    ( respect our words, for we are rulers of this thread, muhahaha! )

Rules.

✖ - Respect everyone in the thread. Anyone trolling, being rude, or generally obscene will be immediately removed from the thread. There's a difference between having a good time and being a jackass.

✖ - No page stretching. I'll be the judge on whether or not an image is a page stretch or not. If you feel an image is too big, then you can resize it, or simply just post a link to it.

✖ - No huge quote columns. After it gets to around four quotes, simply delete the oldest one. It's not difficult to keep it nice and neat, and it certainly makes things a lot easier to read.

✖ - Don't quote the first post, goddamn.

✖ - If there are any disputes in the thread, or you feel someone is doing something wrong, feel free to PM myself or Nick. We'll handle the situation as best we can.

✖ - Beware of spoilers. Any conversation is likely to come up in thread and if you haven't read / watched the entire series, please be weary of potential spoiler information. Also, if you're going to post something you feel is a spoiler, please place a spoiler warning, or white out your text. We don't want anyone getting upset about being spoiled.

✖ - Be open minded. This thread is here to support all aspects of Hunter x Hunter and the fandom following it. This includes shipping, be it yaoi or yuri, and character speculations of any kind.

✖ - Lighthearted roleplaying is more than welcomed. Please be sure to keep any roleplay interactions within the PG13 limits, or you will be reported and banned from the thread.

✖ - Do not spambump the thread. Any spammers or bumpers posts will be immediately deleted.

✖ - Unnecessary drama will NOT be tolerated.

✖ - Only thread regulars may advertise. If you're a nonreg and you'd like to advertise, simply send me a PM. Any spam advertisements will be immediately deleted, and the person banned from the thread.

[ introduction ✖ welcome ] | [ mods ✖ rules ] | [ regulars ✖ cosplays ] | [ layout ✖ floor plan ] | [ contests ✖ events ] | [ thread news ✖ series news ] | [ links in ✖ links out ]

Bashful Fairy

regulars ✖ cosplays

✖ Respect all thread regulars. They're important to us~

------

Thread Regulars:

✖ Username: Kuratashi~!
    ✖ Nickname: Pan, please. c:
    ✖ Birthdate: June 11th, 1989.
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: I was first drawn to Hunter x Hunter after hearing that it was written by Yoshihiro Togashi, who also wrote my favorite series, Yu Yu Hakusho. I became instantly hooked, but honestly, I watch for Kurapika. 8D; -shot-
    ✖ About me: I'm twenty, and an English Major in college. I spent a lot of my time writing, roleplaying, and goofing off on the internet. I tend to be sarcastic and blunt, but I'm a nice person who enjoys a good time, and having a nice belly laugh every once in a while. c;

✖ Username: Nick Leerie
    ✖ Nickname: Nick. :/
    ✖ Birthdate: Feb 13, 1989
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: Pan got into it, and we had talked about it a lot since it was done by Togashi, and we just got into it together.
    ✖ About me: Not much to know. I'm 20, Pan's my girlfriend, and I like to pretend to be psycho. But that's cool. I write and roleplay, and I intend to have some job that has to do with art someday. I'm mean a lot, and if I get mad you'll know. (Sometimes it's not real, but you won't know then.)

✖ Username: windlily
    ✖ Nickname: Wind, Lily, Lils, "Hey, you!" It's all good.
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: Was introduced to the series by the same guy who got me into anime period. I still argue with him about whether Sanji or Zoro is better. I became utterly obsessed when I realized just how amazing and unique the characters and plotlines were.
    ✖ About me: Recently turned nineteen, but forever five at heart. I'm going to an art school with hopes of one day becoming a comic artist myself. I read and write fanfiction, and I roleplay more than I should. Killua is my favorite character, but he always shines best when together with Gon. (:

✖ Username: Chrono Crow
    ✖ Nickname: Crow, or... Rae.
    ✖ Birthdate: May 6
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: The plot, the world, even the characters, they are all interesting to me. I think it manages being complex in plot and having cool fight scenes at the same time very well.
    ✖ About me: I'm naturally intensely shy and reserved, but cover that up by being eccentric. I must have MPD too, because while I really hate conflict, I somehow end up saying/doing violent things. My apologies in advance... Oh! And I like mango, ube icecream, and chocolate.

✖ Username: Sephiroth-reencarnated
    ✖ Nickname: Seph works.
    ✖ Birthdate: Juli 3rd 1990
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: When I found it I wasn't sure what I could expect, it was one of the first anime series I ever saw. But after I watched the first episode I was stuck xd I have watched the anime 4 times and I'm currently at book 11 in the manga.
    ✖ About me: Well, I'm an 18 years old guy from Sweden, who spends more time in front of the computer than he should sweatdrop I like 3D designing, anime, animals, games, manga, music, etc. Any further questions can be sent to me in a PM, I'll answer if I can.

✖ Username: l Quark l
    ✖ Nickname: Quark, Sakkie, Gon
    ✖ Birthdate: July 21st, 1987 [HELL YEAH, I'M OLD. D<]
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: I enjoy reading all the yaoi doujins I love YYH, and was drawn into this series as well. >3 Gon is my favorite by far, with Hisoka as a close second.
    ✖ About me: If you haven't already guessed, I'm Jan Ken Gon's main. So er...yeah. Shota power. >___>

Username: deRedoC
    Nickname: Nina is fine. But whatever else you'd like will work too, I'm sure.
    Birthdate: March 16, 1992
    Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: Ah, it would have to be the Spiders that keep me coming back. Of course, the world the story is set in is just so complex, and I love that about the show as well. But those Ryodan kids, man... -swoon- They're just such a lovable bunch of ragtags, I can't seem to get enough~
    About me: Uh. I'm generally a pretty laid back person, I guess. I like to take things in stride and just hover below the radar if I can. But I like to make competitions out of everything in my mind, so I tend to throw myself in the center of things to get attention as well. So just, idk, look out if you see me coming? <3

✖ Username: Elastic love hisoka
    ✖ Nickname: Hisoka
    ✖ Birthdate: Dec-24-87
    ✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter: the story, the characters, the art style, everything about it really. my favorite character is hisoka, not only is he creepy, he's handsome and by far the most interesting, my second would be gon, pure at heart and dumb as a box of hair.
    ✖ About me: i'm 21, i love to draw, i have a pen tablet and a manga creator for my pc. i make my own manga for fun. someday i hope to be a manga artist or a video game designer. i'm clumsy and have bad luck often in rl. i love anime and manga, my top favorites are DBZ, bleach, YYH, and HXH.♥ and i am also spider leg machi.

------

✖ If you'd like to become a thread regular, please fill out this form and PM it to me. Also, please note that if you join the thread and don't post for more than a month, I'll delete your information for sake of giving credit to the people who actually stick around and post.

[size=11][list]
    [b]✖ Username:[/b] enter username here.
    [b]✖ Nickname:[/b] any names you'd rather be called by?
    [b]✖ Birthdate:[/b] this is optional. c:
    [b]✖ Why I Like Hunter x Hunter:[/b] just a few sentences are fine.
    [b]✖ About me:[/b] give us a little bit about yourself! we'd like to get to know you.
    [/list][/size]

------

✖And of course, any cosplays get their own special section of this post! We highly encourage Gaian cosplaying, and roleplaying in our thread. Here I'll keep a list of all the characters we have so far. Also, don't be bothered if someone already has a cosplay of a specific character. All cosplays are welcome even if they're duplicates. c:

Thread Cosplays:

Main Characters:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Genei Ryodan:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Chimera Ants:

User Image User Image User Image

Others:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Bashful Fairy

layout ✖ floor plan

✖ The thread layout is a text based description of all of the areas of the thread. The main purpose of this layout is to give the thread cosplays and roleplaying regs. a better idea of what they're doing, and where they are in the thread. I suck at designing layouts, so for the time being the layout will remain in text format in a separate thread.

The Thread Layout.

Please note!
    If you have any ideas for things you wish to see in the thread layout, let me know! I'll add it up ASAP.

Floor Plan.

✖ For those who think tl;dr to the floorplan, here is a condensed version for your viewing pleasure.

- Common Room:

Where everyone who does not specify an area is placed by default. Wide, open room with chairs, tables, etc... All rooms branch off of this room.

- Gym:

Filled with lots of workout equipment, a pool, a track, and other sports related things.

- Library:

Three levels of books. 'Nuff said.

- Kitchen:

Find food here.

- Spider Den:

A room for the members of the Genei Ryodan. No one but a member of the Ryodan or someone with the Spider Head's permission may enter.

- Medical Wing:

Where hurt people go to get fixed up. Leorio's domain.

- Courtyard:

Semi outdoor, closed off area with a koi pond, plants, gardens, and a zen garden.

- Forest:

Untamed wilderness.

Bashful Fairy

gontests ✖ events

> w>; You see what I did there?

New Gontest! 10/11/2011

✖ We've just revamped the thread! Hopefully, we can bring some new fans of the series in after our thread took almost an entire year on hiatus! ( so true to the series, lol ). So here's the new cgontest!

> The First Poster on page 1,000 wins 100k. and a bust shot from the wonderful Nick Leerie, and you can see his art samples here. His art has auctioned for over 10m before, so it's a great chance to have some awesome art for free!
      disclaimer: you must be a regular poster in the thread to win.

-----
✖ Page 100 Winner (20k): Jan Ken Gon
✖ Page 500 Winner (50k): Illumi Zoldyck ( But we also gave Killua 25k, because he's that rad. U: )

----

Upcoming Thread Events!

None as of right now.

Past Events

Lantern Festival July 3rd - July 5th.

Killua's Birthday - July 7th.

Bashful Fairy

thread news ✖ series news

Thread Related News:

✖ October 11, 2011 - Thread revamped / reopened!
      ✖ August 6th, 2009 - Page 500 reached!
      ✖ June 16th, 2009 - Page 100 reached!
      ✖ May 31st, 2009 - Post #1,000 reached!
      ✖ May 28th, 2009 - Our Baby Prom Thread, 2009.
      ✖ May 5th, 2009 - First banner created.
      ✖ May 4th, 2009 - Thread is open! c:
      ✖ May 4th, 2009 - Thread begins construction.

Series Related News:

✖ October 2, 2011 - Hunter x Hunter 2011 Madhouse anime remake begins.
      ✖ September 28, 2011 - Chimera Ant Saga ends with chapter 318.
      ✖ August 4th, 2011 - Hunter x Hunter Manga resumes with CH. 311.
      ✖ December 1st, 2009 - Hunter x Hunter Box Set Volume 4 to be released.
      ✖August 11th, 2009 - Hunter x Hunter Box Set Volume 3 released in America.
      ✖ April 27th, 2009 - Hunter x Hunter debuts on the Funimation Network.
      ✖ April 7th, 2009 - Hunter x Hunter Box Set Volume 2 released in America.
      ✖ December 9th, 2008 - Hunter x Hunter Box Set Volume 1 released in America.
      ✖ December 4th, 2008 - Hunter x Hunter Manga release enters hiatus.

Bashful Fairy

links in ✖ links out

✖ Any threads or links of interest will be gathered into this post. If you have something you'd like to contribute to the links out list, or would like to become an affiliate, please PM me with the information.

Links In:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cnq9sd][img]http://tinyurl.com/cu5xze[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cnq9sd][img]http://tinyurl.com/lqunwg[/img][/url][/align]

Thank you for the banner, Sephiroth-reencarnated!

Links Out:

User Image

User Image

[ introduction ✖ welcome ] | [ mods ✖ rules ] | [ regulars ✖ cosplays ] | [ layout ✖ floor plan ] | [ contests ✖ events | [ thread news ✖ series news ] | [ links in ✖ links out ]

Bashful Fairy

Bashful Fairy

Bashful Fairy

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out