Welcome to Gaia! ::

SmazzyNinja's Husbando

Dapper Husband

I've been searching everywhere trying to figure out if it's safe to take both. Being that I took my benadryl, and I still have a damn runny nose. So now I'm thinking about taking the Nyquil.
Everything else I looked up kept going back and forth, between safe and not safe. Even though its most unlikely, would any of you know the answer?

Liberal Lunatic

Sure, it's completely safe....

SmazzyNinja's Husbando

Dapper Husband

Probably drunk

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm.

Lover

User ImageIt'll make you pretty dizzy, but that's about it.
Cliche Name
I've been searching everywhere trying to figure out if it's safe to take both. Being that I took my benadryl, and I still have a damn runny nose. So now I'm thinking about taking the Nyquil.
Everything else I looked up kept going back and forth, between safe and not safe. Even though its most unlikely, would any of you know the answer?

TAKE 20 OF EACH.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Lover

12,375 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Cliche Name
Probably drunk

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm.

I WOULD SAFELY SAY.. HE IS and READ BELOW:

Theoretically yes, but it's certainly not advisable. Each has a sedative as an active ingredient, and taking the two amplifies that sedative effect. An average person, on occasion, would not be harmed with a single dose of NyQuil mixed with a single dose of Benadryl, but it will knock you out cold, so don't plan on sleeping eight hours and then waking up feeling refreshed. I'd imagine you'd sleep ten and then still feel drowsy. However, I'm not a pharmacist, this is a basic chemistry education I'm working with, so I highly suggest you ask your doctor first, since everyone has a different body chemistry. Also prolonged use could damage your liver and kidneys, so don't plan on doing this every night unless you like dialysis and liver transplants. Hell, you probably won't get a liver transplant if yours fails due to prolonged mixing of meds.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_Mix_Nyquil_and_benadryl

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Popular Thread 100
NYQUIL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!! its the best good night slep and ur troubles go away.

4,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
Allergies? I'd suggest not mixing them. Generally it takes time for a medication to kick in, and if all you have is a runny nose, it won't kill you to use a Kleenex...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff