Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Giver

Vandabar
Sending a donation your way, but in the mean time...

Have you looked at any of the pop up stores, (such as Halloween City/USA), or a Party City? That is, if there are any in your area. Most of these places have booths to let you try them on before you buy because of the no returns policy, (and I wouldn't suggest purchasing this online, since even the 'deluxe' ones can be iffy quality wise). Have you also considered making a more 'found cosplay' version? You can start with a less expensive corset in pink, (which are readily available online and are generally all of the same quality for about $20, if not less since it's costume season), and then build on it with a skirt and sleeves made of bed sheets of similar colors from walmart or something. I know you're probably short for time, but this might be the cheapest, (and most quality controlled), route to go.

In any case, I'm usually one to make my costumes as well but end up making everyone's before my own, so I understand your plight. XD; I hope everything goes well for you! I'm sure your friend's Elsa dress will turn out beautifully. 3nodding
Thanks for the donation!

I think these Peach costumes that I could find tend to be online only. I haven't ventured into a PartyCity or Spirit store (what's here in town) yet. I ended up buying a Groupon for a HalloweenAdventure(?) site that makes the dress like $50 instead of the $70 that it's listed. I figure I can fiddle with it to adjust sizes if I can... *crosses fingers* It's only a few inches too small.

Hadn't really considered bedsheets... but I'm not too shabby with getting cheaper fabrics (using coupons and sales as much as I can). I might be able to resell the licensed costume real quick on eBay if it doesn't fit (or else I'd loose out on $20 and the shipping fees if I return it to the site), and then do some hardcore shopping/sewing to make it in time for an event I'm doing on the 25th (Extra Life gaming thing). My plan would be to use this pattern of Disney princesses. Would have to alter only a tiny bit (and color) to make a "sexy" Peach. XD

Shy Giver

PurpleLovr
Yup! It's amazing how difficult it is to get a place simply because I've never had a place before. I have more than enough money to pay for like 6 months rent up front, but I technically don't have an income. Couple those two together and most realtors/landlords don't even give me the time of day.
Ah, they're a stickler for renters make like double the rent to insure that they can afford it and they're other bills. I've looked at a place that required 3-and-a-half times the rent in income. Blah. Although, it tends to mean that the area is nicer...

Friendly Conversationalist

Your_Destiny_Awaits
PurpleLovr
Yup! It's amazing how difficult it is to get a place simply because I've never had a place before. I have more than enough money to pay for like 6 months rent up front, but I technically don't have an income. Couple those two together and most realtors/landlords don't even give me the time of day.
Ah, they're a stickler for renters make like double the rent to insure that they can afford it and they're other bills. I've looked at a place that required 3-and-a-half times the rent in income. Blah. Although, it tends to mean that the area is nicer...

Almost every place we've tried so far required 3 times the rent.

In a relationship with syaorandyerik

Desirable Dragon

10,400 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
emotion_bigheart

Shy Giver

PurpleLovr
Ouch. It's usually double here.

Your_Destiny_Awaits
PurpleLovr
Ouch. It's usually double here.

That would be nice. It it was only double we could just go off my boyfriend's income.

MeMyselfandI-1's Partner

Friendly Giver

12,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

MeMyselfandI-1's Partner

Friendly Giver

12,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Shy Giver

Gah! It's only the 6th! crying

We got the place!! Deposit is paid.

In a relationship with syaorandyerik

Desirable Dragon

10,400 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
gaia_angelleft I've Got a Wish! gaia_angelright
Username: Sakurakrizel
What is your Real Life wish? To cosplay an awesome character! emotion_bigheart
What is your Gaia wish?To be a beautiful princess! emotion_yatta

Halloween candy for everyone!!! emotion_awesome

Manly Man-Lover

PurpleLovr
Yay! Congrats!

Rawfie
PurpleLovr
Yay! Congrats!

Thank you!
We had to agree to pay first month's, deposit, and last month's since two out of the three of us have no income and none of us have been tenants before. I figured that would happen anyway though.

Manly Man-Lover

PurpleLovr
Rawfie
PurpleLovr
Yay! Congrats!

Thank you!
We had to agree to pay first month's, deposit, and last month's since two out of the three of us have no income and none of us have been tenants before. I figured that would happen anyway though.
Ah. That does kinda suck.

Rawfie
PurpleLovr
Rawfie
PurpleLovr
Yay! Congrats!

Thank you!
Ah. That does kinda suck.

Yup, but we're both very excited to have a place now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff