Welcome to Gaia! ::

I will be upgrading my iPhone 4 to the new Sony Xperia Z3 and I just want to be sure I do this correctly, or that I can even do this, so I have to ask... Usually I would contact my provider about this but I feel more comfortable asking users first in case AT&T gives me mixed answers as they'd done before concerning my grandfathered plan.

Since AT&T doesn't yet offer the Z3, I suppose I'll just have to purchase the phone unlocked then put in my sim card. How exactly do I go about getting a nano sized sim when I only have the micro? Would I just walk into AT&T and ask them to copy over my micro to a new nano or have them send me one with my number? I would rather not have to worry about cutting it down if that's at all possible.

Also, I definitely want to make sure my current unlimited data plan remains intact once I switch; I suspect that shouldn't be a problem by using a sim card? I almost lost this plan upgrading last time but I'm hoping for the change to be smooth and hassle-free this time around. :p

Your help is appreciated, Thanks in advanced!
Quote:
Would I just walk into AT&T and ask them to copy over my micro to a new nano

Basically this.

As for your plan changing, I would doubt it if you're buying an unlocked phone. Your plan is tied to your SIM card, which should work the same regardless of what phone it's inserted in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff