Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi

I have a friend who studies film and according to him... His teaches say holograms currently don't exist but they are referring to like bones , NCIS , iron man and Star Wars... Things like that, while I know that we are not at that level yet... I believe it depends how you define hologram for example I found this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2344562/Star-Wars-style-moving-holograms-longer-lightyears-away-breakthrough-3D-technology.html

What's your thoughts?

Invisible Noob

They bought Tupac back on stage with a hologram.

Everyday Cat

Look up a Vocaloid concert on YouTube. That's a hologram... Sort of. It's more of a projection on a screen. I'm not sure if they've made actual "here's a tiny device that will display this image in the air"-type things yet, but I don't really keep up with these things anymore.

Anxious Informer

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The closest thing to a real hologram that I know of is just a projection reflected off spinning mirrors.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The article you linked is really vague.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Pellitory
The article you linked is really vague.

I've seen articles like that before. They seem to pop up every few years or so. It's almost like they feel like they need to remind us that they're still researching the technology...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff