Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Shapeshifter

22,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
I was just trying to make some digital art and my tablet was making choppy movements, so I tried to fix it. First I tried to do what worked last time, but it didn't this time. I thought I might need to update the drivers, so i went to the Wacom website and did that. Then I restarted my computer, and now it keeps bluescreening when I turn it on. Help please!

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
A) What did you do last time?

B) What is the stop error you get on bluescreen?

Feline Shapeshifter

22,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
What I did was go into "Services" and restart the Wacom driver, but that only worked once.

And I think the stop error is 0x00000050
Tried to start in safe mode yet?

Edit: Oh, and what version of Windows?
1. What is your system build?
2. What operating system are you running? XP SP1?
3. Have you tried unplugging the wacom device and starting it from there? apparently not
4. What error are you getting? 0x000000050 (page fault from non-paged file)
5. Do you still have your recovery disks? (???)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293

That link should help you out a bit.

Seems you have your driver installed wrong or it somehow interfeared with your graphics driver.

Steps you might not have tried (on your own without any liability to myself or the Gaia community.)

1. Remove the Wacom USB and see if that works. Sometimes Windows hates booting with specific items attached.
2. Boot into safe mode with networking from the F8 option boot screen as shown in the link. Use device manager to find and uninstall the device. If not from there you can look up how to find your drivers and tinker yourself (DO NOT UNINSTALL ANYTHING YOU DO NOT RECOGNIZE)
3. Crying yourself to sleep
4. Windows recovery from disk (personally I hate this option)
5. Remove your video card if it's a desktop along with step 1. Turn it on without the video card. If it works uninstall the video driver and Wacom driver, plug both back in, reinstall. REMEMBER TO UNPLUG COMPUTER AND HAVE NO ELECTRICITY TO IT DURING THIS OPERATION.

5 is most likely overkill considering you got to the services page before the crash...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff