Welcome to Gaia! ::

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Alright, I tried checking the "Done to Death" Sticky to see if a topic was made about this, and I didn't find anything. However, if I have overlooked anything, I am sorry. crying

I currently have a very ancient, 7.0 Megapixels, Polaroid i737 Digital Camera. It has working batteries that are charging right now, and I have the manual saved to my computer. However, I am lacking a memory card for it.

I have been to Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy trying to do some comparison shopping, and quite honestly, I have been told that because of my camera's age, I cannot go any higher than an 8 GB SDHC Memory Card.

However, I have seen Memory Cards online such as bestbuy.com that are claimed to be compatible with my camera that are anywhere from 16 GB - 32 GB SDHC Memory Cards.

As you can tell, I'm a bit confused. I will post the specs again if anyone can help...

1. Camera Type - Polaroid i737 Digital Camera
  2. Speed - 7.0 Megapixels
  3. Known Information - Will take up to an 8 GB SDHC Memory Card

Help?
Hannah Yeager
I have been to Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy trying to do some comparison shopping, and quite honestly, I have been told that because of my camera's age, I cannot go any higher than an 8 GB SDHC Memory Card.

However, I have seen Memory Cards online such as bestbuy.com that are claimed to be compatible with my camera that are anywhere from 16 GB - 32 GB SDHC Memory Cards.
SDHC is a data protocol. If the camera supports the SDHC protocol, then it supports all SDHC cards, including 32GB cards.

At least, it should. If the camera's firmware was so poorly-written that it rejects a 16GB card, then that's a bug in the camera's software, not a lack of support. If your camera has the capability for updating its firmware (most do), then you should consider updating it before you install the new card.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
psychic stalker

Thank you so much. I just checked the manual, and all they say for Memory Cards is plain SD. I may have to get the Memory Card from an online site like eBay.

The most the manual is saying is 2GB, but none of the stores I went to have that format or a 2 GB SD Storage Memory Card.

Again, thank you so much. I just may have to buy the card off eBay.
Hannah Yeager
psychic stalker

Thank you so much. I just checked the manual, and all they say for Memory Cards is plain SD. I may have to get the Memory Card from an online site like eBay.

The most the manual is saying is 2GB, but none of the stores I went to have that format or a 2 GB SD Storage Memory Card.

Again, thank you so much. I just may have to buy the card off eBay.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=2gb%20SD%20card&index=blended
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007796%20600006221%20600006188&IsNodeId=1&name=Secure%20Digital%20%28SD%29

Friends don't let friends use eScams eBay.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
psychic stalker

Again, thank you so much. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash