+1 1 100.0% [ 195 ]
Total Votes:[ 195 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1164 1165 1166 > >> >>> »|

Amateur Genius

User Image
User Image
^click to watch Brittlebear work on art, on twitch.com^
        User Image

I've always been fond of helping other people out with their shops, from the small task of guest colorist, to the larger ones of templating whole sets of lineart or making new lineart altogether.

I finally decided if I was going to keep up my vigilante art ways I'd better make myself more available to the public. How? With this lovely thread were you can hire my services for your B/C shop!

A V A I L A B I L I T Y:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5.

SHOP I D E A L I S T:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3. Howling Horns - Wolf shop, but the wolves have horns, variety of horns mean different species, includes a rare genetic mutation so each horned wolf has 2 variations, rare and common.

N E W S:
8/9/11 - Made the thread
8/13/11 - Updated WIP and Complete posts.
8/15/11 - broke my tablet pen like an idiot
8/22/11 - Got my new tablet pen and progress can continue.
8/24/11 - Finished jessieomer's 6 piece set (templated and lineart clean up) in 2 days. Yes, I'm that good. Also, Brittlebears MASSIVE Lineart Auction is over.
8/29/11 - Banner made, may the affiliate search begin!
11/24/11 - I've got a bunch of work to do, so I made a waiting List so I don't forget people who want to get stuff form me when I've cleared some people off my Current Projects list.
3/13/12 - I dont' update this thing enough, I've had 2 lineart auctions, and finished a few things. Trying to work on my long list of orders. many of them are multi-part and require an intensive amount or work/detail. Go me for taking on the hard projects!
9/19/13 - I wasn't kidding when I said I don't update this enough. I have returned after a long hiatus, which was mostly due to IRL stuff and a lack of creativity. I'm considering making a shop myself, but in the mean time I'll be looking to help others first. Shadica is first up with a re-work and template job on her Tea-dragons shops lineart!
4/30/14 - Recently put my life back together and am now working on more projects then every for the fine people of the B/C forums!
5/15/15 - Bear diagnosed with bipolar disorder, getting treatment, hopefully will help with consistency of artwork completion.
6/2/16 - After a long hiatus sorting out life problems, Brittlebear has returned! With a new picarto account to allow people to watch while the artist works.
7/4/18 - The cycle continues with an on-again off-again relationship with Gaiaonline and periods of increased and decreased creativity/drawing.

7/12/20 - I return again to check out the happenings on gaia and to get back into doing some art, since I've been out of practice for a bit. I'm ready to make some amazing works! Lets go!

Amateur Genius

User Image

User Image
                            1. Be kind and respectful
                            2. Follow Gaia TOS
                            3. Do not steal the art.
                            4. If you use my services in your shop please credit me. Thank you!
                            5. I retain copyright to any artwork I make in full, we can also discuss this, since copyright is tricky. But the main point is no buying my art just to turn it around for a higher cash return.

Follow them.

User Image

Refrain from encouraging or discouraging bids or bidders
                            Do not Beg
                            No retracting Bids
                            Don't bid what you don't have
                            Co-bidding is allowed
                            1 hour snipe guard on all auctions.
                            Minimum bid increments: 1K

Amateur Genius

User Image

User Image

Lineartist

I work primarily as a lineartist, I had my own shop, Carnivorous Companions, for about 4 years, and did almost all of the lineart from the basic stages to the event pets. I also work for a number of years as one of the primary lineartists at Digi-Nation, which hosted a vast number of digimon-based adoptables, many that I provided the lineart for. I consider a good set of lineart to be both highly visible and easy to edit.

Templatist

Though I wasn't always a good templatist, I found myself templating more often then actually making new lineart. For either myself of friends I have been able to play with and discover a number of different styles, from the obvious cel vs. soft shading, to just the various different styles you often see in the B/C shops. Mimicking a style is often a necessary skill in the B/C and I like to think I can match almost any style thrown at me.

Other

I'll do pretty much anything if you pay me. I love a good challenge. Banners, certs, graphics, character images or what have you. I've recently been doing an impressive amount of Dungeons and Dragons based characters for friends, and even dipped my toes into map making. Just tell me what you're thinking and we'll work something out! biggrin

Amateur Genius

User Image
TITLE

Nothin Currently!

Amateur Genius

User Image

Descriptions: What's it I'm sellin

Auction Status

What you get:

Stuff
                    STUFF
                      Total: A buncha stuff

Bid Ladder:

Nothin' Lets keep it simple.
                      Total: N/A

Start Date: XX/XX/XX
            End Date: XX/XX/XX

Autobuy: $$$
            Min. Bid Increments: $$$
            Start Bid: $$$
            High Bid: $$$
            Bid History:

Amateur Genius

User Image
User Image
All the links go to images of work I've done. So that the page isn't too image heavy and hard to load.

If you want an idea of how my art looked check out my DeviantArt account, it's the easiest way:

Lineart + Templating + Certs

Lineart
Fox Dragons
Luxray Family Portrait

Soft Shading
Soft shading is characterized by it's soft gradient look, often used in semi-realistic or realistic images. This is also my default style.
Pern Dragon Set
Cats!
Shaman Wolf
Iguanadon
Lions - Female Hair Edits
Mao Zu - Tiger Leopards

Cel Shading
Cel shading is characterized by it's hard lines, often used in cartoons.
Spirit - Stallion of the Cimarron Lineart Set
Lion King style - Outlander Mane Edits + Male Mane Edits
Cute Fluffy Dragons

I used a kind of hatching/cross-hatching look for this character as I had also made my GM a cheat sheet using a similar design like it was from one of my old high school notebooks.
DnD Character

Certs/Graphics
DnD Map I made for my friends!
Old Digimon Shop Cert
Dragon Hatchery Cert
Koala Banner
Optimus Prime Logo
Short Cat Comic

Templating

I did not do these lines for the most part!

Goat Demons - Lineart by Sangotaijiya08
Feline Gargoyles - Lineart by Draug Heltikana
Cheetahs - Lineart by Raisa Wagner
Lynx - Lineart by Mari4x
Cute Bears - Lineart by Moonkitsune
Ferrets - Lineart by AnimeDragonLover
AIr Squrrels - Lineart by AnimeDragonLover
Chibi Dragons - Lineart by, IDK?
Big Cats Original Sketches by, IDK?
Griffons - Lineart by IDK
Rabbit goat, demons? - Lineart by IDK

Amateur Genius

User Image

User Image

1. A Character study of a Tiefing fighter
          Dom is pink with purple hair, but we're still in the lineart phase but she'll be really pretty when we get to the coloring.

Eye Candy!

User Image

[Click the image for a larger picture.]

Amateur Genius

User Image
User Image

Talk to me!
      So if you want to hire me: pitch me the idea in the thread, or in a PM. I always like to hear your ideas before I blindly walk into an agreement. So basically I like to hear what the shop/idea is about, and then I'll decide if I'm up to the challenge! Then we can work how you want to pay for the project.

RL Commissions
              xFor all info on that: Go HERE

I prefer Real Life commissions.
                  Why?

Because I have student loans I'm trying to slowly swim out of.
                  Also, feel free to Pm me any questions or concerns or even a quote for how much I would charge for... whatever you want. XD

Platinum/Small bits of Soul
                  I have long since stopped caring about Gaia's marketplace or the items within it. So currency on this website means nothing to me.
                  That said, I should at least give an option to use your patinum ar what have you. But it's been a while and I don't know what anything is worth anymore on this site, so you might need to bare with me while we work out the details, I'm still used to the gaia gold system which is long since past.

Generally things are priced based on their difficulty on number of items needed. For example if you would like me to template a set of 3 pets, easy that can be done at a pretty low price. 5 pets a slight bit more. Make some familairs for your shop that's not too bad. Make a whole new set of lineart, with templates, that's generally more involved so that'll be more complicated, also's what critters will they be? Is it a chibi bunny or a massive 6 winged dragon, more complex. You can see how everything is on a scale.

So no harm in asking, I don't bite and I love hashing things out and trying to make it work. I've often brainstormed with people with just some basic concepts and ideas for shops, so don't be afraid to throw out your thoughts and we can figure it out.

Amateur Genius

User Image

The bumping contest was a fun idea, and some people actually did it! Good on you guys! I am going to leave this post, but more for historical purposes as I will no longer be using this as an incentive for free art. Good job to anyone who made it! That was a lot of posting!

500 bumps: 1 piece of free lineart! biggrin

1000 bumps: Lineart + template O.O

These prizes can be interchanged with something else if you'd rather I template something or work on your banners or whatever you can ask and I'll consider it.
          (I'm a push-over so just asking will probably be enough to sway me if it's not outrageous)

Be mindful! these prizes don't just stop at 1000, they reset at that point!

Basically, I'm trying to make it possible for someone to make their own shop's worth of lineart if they just bump a LOT.

Example:
                How someone would win a full 6 piece set

500 bumps: Child stage (female) Lineart
                1000 bumps: Teen stage (female) Lineart + Template
                1500 bumps: Child stage (female) Template
                2000 bumps: Adult stage (female) Lineart + Templates
                2500 bumps: Child stage (male) Lineart
                3000 bumps: Teen stage (male) Lineart + Template
                3500 bumps: Child stage (male) Template
                4000 bumps: Adult stage (male) Lineart + Template

Total: Child, Teen, and Adult stages (female + male) Lineart + Template

Prize Winners:
        I--LiveWire--I - 7 pieces of lineart + templates
        User Image
        Tenko72 - Templates on pony + merpony
        User Image + User Image
        Himura Rikuo -
        Lovebird lineartUser Image

Amateur Genius

User Image
User Image

Lets link up!

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/42ccndy][IMG]https://tinyurl.com/yaqmvhy5[/IMG][/url]

Shops I've helped out:

User Image

v Awesome Shops! v

Post in the thread to affiliate!

Amateur Genius

User Image

The old shop I used to own (Carnivorous Companions) had many reviews(or Kudos), and I think people found them quiet helpful.

If you're interested in these reviews, they can be found: HERE

HAPPY CUSTOMERS: To give this shop Kudos at the Minishops & Resources Center, please copy this code:

[color=green][b]I LIKE THIS SHOP![/b]
SHOP TITLE: Art Assassin
LINK: gaiaonline.com/forum/t.73872559
MRC NUMBER: 37.5
WHY I LIKE THIS SHOP: [Explain your experience. No length limit.] [/color]

Fill in why you like this shop and submit it to:
User Image

Also, if the reviews helped you, I humbly ask that you too fill out a review after I finish a piece/set/whatever for you.

Amateur Genius

User Image
To-Do List

Lineart + Template:

Clean Slate...

Amateur Genius

I feel like I should reserve this.

Amateur Genius

Fanart!
Wow! I'm flattered thank you so much!

Peacock Brit
Aww, thanks a ton Diaveborn! I'm glad you like the lineart biggrin