Simple rp prompts? 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 2605 2606 2607 > >> >>> »|

The festival is Here
User Image
User ImageUser Image
Quote:
+ Don't be an Arse.
[ Treat each other and yourself respectfully. Putting yourself down will not draw the kind of attention you will want.]
[ Don't discuss PG-13+ stuff in the main thread. Even if you consider it clean, if someone complains please respect their wishes to cease ]
[ Speak English please, though English English is unnecessary unless you feel the need, ol' chap ]

+ Don't buy or sell our pets.
[ Everything you see here is free for everyone <3 ]

+ Keep it in Gaia.
[ Just because you color something doesn't mean you can put it in any galleries or otherwise. You need lineartist consent ]
[ This includes Deviant art. Though that doesn't mean you can't re-draw your character and post that! ]

+ Keepin' it Punk
[ Remember to keep your edits in the style of Steampunk, and follow all species guidelines while you're at it. ]

+ Push Yourself!
[ Don't accept that you can't color or can't draw. The tutorials are fun and simple, and we put a lot of work into them! Try it! ]
User ImageUser Image
Quote:

+2.5.10
Hiring an Event manager!.Head on over and help us shape the future of Steamworks!

+2.5.10
Event is wrapping up in the guild!. Come on in and have a throw down or accumulate some damage 8D

+2.5.10
Come join in the festivities past page 2544 and get a cosplay ticket just for attending! (AKA, come roleplay with us for goodies!) :3

+2.10.09
Random event alert! Are you out of your orbit? crack rp contest is happening! Get your planet mini today!
+1.9.09
There's a Contest and Event going on over thare.
+1.1.09
Happy New Year! Have a Huge Arse Update
+12.24.08
Say hello to the new face of Steamworks!
+10.02.08
In preparation for the overhall of the shop- a list is being made to catalog all completed cosplays! Please visit the wiki to add yours to the list!
+10.02.08
Halloween Event is getting under way! Stay tuned for updates! It'll be a month-long goody bag!
The first week of October brings us a Costume Contest! Join in for your chance at AWESOME PRIZES!

+7.22.08
- Opening event is over! Stay tuned for more updadtes and goodies coming your way, including a RP contest in not too long, though the date is yet to be determined.
- Be aware things may go unanswered for a while as Dave is having a couple friends from out of country visit for a week or so, and shes going to show them how to kick it American style.
- For tags from the opening event- pick them up at the event front page- if yours isn't there pm the mule your info for the tag and she'll put it up! don't forget to submit it to the submission thread!

+7.19.08
- Opening Event up! Go here for games, contests and pretties *u*
+7.15.08
- We're expiriencing an event punk shortage! Please donate HERE! ;A;
+ 7.15.08
- Owner's List update! Only three notifications were sent out making an average of 3 notifications for every hundred punks!
- Pets and templates updated on 2nd page

+ 7.10.08
- Welcome Merangue on staff!
- The Punk Workshop is up for anyone needing C&C, Help, or a Guideline Check!

+7.8.08
- Please welcome `Justin and Gelfin to our staff!
- Baylk set complete / enlarged
- Two new city details up
- Kits section up
- Transparent bases up
- Premade edits updated
- 4 new pets

+ 7.7.08
-We have a news section!
-We're also hiring

+ 6.23.08
-The shop starts getting bumped
-PrinceDave's Birthday! 8D
User ImageUser Image

Quote:
The year is 1802 in Isambard, continent home to the two separate countries of Anigera and Trent. Countries which are presently witnessing a decade unlike any other. Two sister countries separated at their very heart have just been reunited.

For hundreds of years the two halves of Isambard have sat isolated; the result of an incident once recorded that now lays decomposed and forgotten by the decades. The story is known only to the souls of that historic century and the gears of time themselves.

The tale of this incident I am about to share with you is not to be taken lightly, either. Life does not normally hinge on such minor geographical events, but you might find few things happen without purpose, and few things in Isambard should be considered normal. Such as the hillsides that suddenly sprung from the ground on this forgotten day, threatening the clouds as the earth itself began to quake so powerfully that not a soul in Isambard did not experience it.

When this event was over and the dust cleared, what would be known as the Miskaton to some, and the Hadapu to others had formed. In appearance it was simple, but in function its purpose would soon be observed. What was once fertile crop land soon saw constant blustery winds that turned and twisted in on themselves near the steep mountainside. These gales blew at a pace so rapid and furious that they wrenched whole groves of trees from the ground by their very roots. Without the trees, there was nothing to bind the soil, and with nothing to hold the soil all hell broke loose upon the land. The area was ravaged by a constant blustery torrent of sand that would suffocate all who dared cross its threshold. And so the midland was reduced to desolate wastes.

With the introduction of these mountains to their land, so too did the residents of southern Trent suffer. Winds that would have brought rain fell still, and the sun was left to bake the water from the land. If not for the constant pursuit of water, life in the area would cease to function. Parched citizens of Trent retreated back into the ground, to the southern forests, and to the mountainsides for shelter, seeking a new way of life.

And so it would remain that way for lifetimes, until the tale was so old and malformed with eccentric additions of hellfire and beasts that few thought it more than fabled warnings for younger children. Perhaps there were no distant neighbors on the other side of that mountain range. Perhaps it was merely the end of the world, or a gate to somewhere else entirely.

A gate, however, it soon would become. The new century in Anigera saw a new diplomat in the leaders of the Mench. A diplomat who had no problem ridding the southern desert of their festering criminal population in a move that while controversial, would be grossly outweighed in note by the results of its going awry. A misfired warhead would see the Miskaton range reduced to a smoldering hole, suddenly dragging the two sister countries back together in a rush of sand and wind that tore rooftops off cities and towns as far away as Chicago.

It wasn't the sands, however, that would hit the roof in the Mench societies when they found their move to end crime had instead opened a sort of Pandora's Box to the rough and rowdy denizens of the south. Suddenly lizards who stood on two legs were ransacking their towns instead of common thieves, and all sorts of other creatures were to be found seeping out of this once forgotten southern land. The south, however, saw this change as a doorway to a new life: a life where water was plentiful as well as the food and pleasures.

Life as Isambard knew it was about to take a very interesting turn indeed. As a chapter in the history of punk-kind was closing, a new and hectic one swung open to the tune of gun fire.

User Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum vel ipsum. Vestibulum magna nibh, vehicula nec, sagittis et, pellentesque in, orci. Nullam felis nisl, malesuada id, volutpat nec, consequat sit amet, nisi. Proin pretium mi nec purus. Suspendisse potenti. Nullam egestas dolor. Ut blandit adipiscing odio. Curabitur sit amet lacus vitae dui ultricies dapibus. Morbi odio. Nunc tempor faucibus eros. Maecenas egestas, neque sit amet faucibus viverra, enim nibh venenatis lectus, ut aliquet dolor ante ut dolor. Sed at metus. Quisque cursus ante eget quam. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

Nulla ac quam at lacus elementum aliquet. In dapibus risus ut odio. Mauris libero. Cras id mauris vel odio vestibulum dignissim. Ut sodales, nibh et ultrices sodales, urna dolor convallis enim, quis consectetur leo pede id mi. Integer magna. Quisque libero. Mauris euismod leo posuere arcu. Vivamus eget risus non risus dignissim bibendum. Nullam justo arcu, congue non, egestas eget, semper sit amet, nulla. Proin cursus nibh et ante. Aliquam erat volutpat. Pellentesque turpis. Suspendisse sodales. Aliquam tempor leo nec nibh. Curabitur vitae lorem.

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum vel ipsum. Vestibulum magna nibh, vehicula nec, sagittis et, pellentesque in, orci. Nullam felis nisl, malesuada id, volutpat nec, consequat sit amet, nisi. Proin pretium mi nec purus. Suspendisse potenti. Nullam egestas dolor. Ut blandit adipiscing odio. Curabitur sit amet lacus vitae dui ultricies dapibus. Morbi odio. Nunc tempor faucibus eros. Maecenas egestas, neque sit amet faucibus viverra, enim nibh venenatis lectus, ut aliquet dolor ante ut dolor. Sed at metus. Quisque cursus ante eget quam. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

Nulla ac quam at lacus elementum aliquet. In dapibus risus ut odio. Mauris libero. Cras id mauris vel odio vestibulum dignissim. Ut sodales, nibh et ultrices sodales, urna dolor convallis enim, quis consectetur leo pede id mi. Integer magna. Quisque libero. Mauris euismod leo posuere arcu. Vivamus eget risus non risus dignissim bibendum. Nullam justo arcu, congue non, egestas eget, semper sit amet, nulla. Proin cursus nibh et ante. Aliquam erat volutpat. Pellentesque turpis. Suspendisse sodales. Aliquam tempor leo nec nibh. Curabitur vitae lorem.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image
And here's what you've been looking for! Please refer to the lineart section of the wiki for tips on editing as well as a full gallery of available lineart. Right-click and save the lineart to your computer once you get past the Gaian redirect if you keep pasting black boxes onto your canvas.

Make sure you read the Species Guidelines before you edit!

Red Bands are plain lineart
Blue Bands have had body edits
Green Bands have had clothes edits
Black Bands are restricted

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
Click on one of the below images to claim a full-size tag of your choice, for non-cosplay pets!

User Image
Click on one of the following tag types for the larger version to tag your cosplay pets with!
User ImageUser Image

User Image+ Wait, so these are free, what?
Yep, but you have to make them yourself! No fear, a group of artists have prepared everything from nude bases to shaded templates and tutorials. It's so easy, that if you follow all the instructions, all you need is a mouse and a few clicks to make your own pet. But if you're looking for a challenge, you can work off the bases and create your own hair and clothing.

+ But! I can only draw stickfigures! I can't color! ;A;
No, really! Check out the .psd files that have been provided, you don't have to make a brush stroke. Everything is as easy as adjusting hue for the separate pieces. However, if you're looking for more 'original' looking pets, there will be contests, fraffles and events for pets edited and colored by our artists. ouo

I want to stress, however, that this shop is set up primarily to make an awesome community and encourage coloring and editing in users who might otherwise not have given it a shot. Push youself! You won't know if you can really can until you try!

+ Can I make make 82347694 of them? 8D
Why not! Go for it! but make sure you put effort into each one, or else what's the point? ;3

+ So they're all from bases? Won't they look the same?
With us providing 54+ bases, I should hope not. With a little creative editing and personality, everything has the potential to look different. On top of that there will be SEs that are baseless, released through contests and events, so keep your eyes open for those!

+ Can I make [insert character]?
Good question! To make a cosplay you need a Cosplay Ticket. Characters from web comics or online artists and etc. cannot be done unless you have express premission from that artist, if you do, then those will not count as cosplays. OCs do not count as cosplays, you can make as many as your own characters as you want.

But here is the important bit! You must 'steampunkify' your cosplays and OCs, that means that you can't draw them exactly as they are, you have to give them a little flare of our time period, comprende? Example in the Cosplay article.

+ Can I make one for a friend? / Can a friend make one for me?
Sure! But I must MUST MUST stress that you do not commission one, or accept payment to make someone a punk. If we find out money, gold, or items changed hands at any point, both users involved will be banned from the shop and have their pets taken down. Harsh, I know, but paying gold defeats the base purpose of this shop, and it must be discouraged.
Lap dances and art trades however are acceptable payment.

+ Can I draw my own from scratch / create my own species / edit their limbs / add wings?
Okay, this is alll walking a thin line. My base anwser for this is to pm the mule and ask on a case by case scenario. For example, giving a character an eye patch, scars, or missing arm is okay, you don't need to ask. Angel Wings or a tail when they don't have one... um... no. Even if it's a cosplay they have to be strapped on or something because that's just silly.
I want to discourage drawing your own from scratch, because thats what the bases are for, they keep everything uniform. But if you feel you can match the style of the bases, I invite you to send in an application to work with the staff or be a guest artist. Contribute enough to the edit sections, or add enough new bases or species, and then we'd be more than happy to let you make your own SEs.

+ I have a question!
I might have an answer! But first make an effort to look through the Wiki! You can ask in the thread, or pm the mule.
User ImageUser Image

User ImageInterested in breeding your punk? Whether you have a mate in mind or you're looking for a one-night-stand, we've got the information for you on how to get the deed done!

Personals
[ Link ]

Breeding Information
[ Link ]

Infant Bases
[ Link ]

+ So wait, why would I want to breed if I could just make a punk that looks like the child of two other character right away?
Good question! And the answer is similarly good - you can only get certain first-generation hybrids through breeding. Want a Kanus/Koshka mix, a full 50/50 Liso, or a Mench/Kanus? Well, you're going to have to make their parents and have them get BUSY.
User ImageUser Image

User Image
    For all the awesome people who have worked so hard for us, or been generally cool *u*
  • Endejester - For being awesome and doing so much work for us <3
  • Nerpin - For lending support, her talent, and the latest buzz on B/C drama to make the long hours of linearting not so long.
  • Pach and Hanny - If I hadden't been skimming through all the art and journals they made, I would have never had the motovation to come back.
  • Everyone - Who stayed faithful to us during the long absences between when Dave is able to contribute. Your edits, art, roleplay and community is what makes this shop thrive.

User Image
    A list of people who need to stop eating all the dicks.
  • Shadowlink005 -How does I fail history class? It's not nice to smear us in other threads because we don't think swastikas belong in the 1800's.

• iwazhear77 -I really hope you were trolling, because if that's you on a normal day then I'm very very sorry for you.

User ImageUser Image

User ImageRecently, steamworks has adopted a policy of only linking to freeshops, or shops which provide the majoity of their pets for free. The sheer number of images present on this page is already a hard thing to load, and this measure has been introduced as a way to cut down on the number of graphics included here.

If you wish to add us or trade links, please use the below code to do so!

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/steamworks-happy-new-year-v-v/t.39275055_1/][IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn69/haetbucket/linkbanner.png[/IMG][/url]
  • User ImageUser Image

User ImageName
    PrinceDave, Torren, Sarah, that thing.

Favorite Flying Mammal
    Bat
    Brief Description
    A 19 year old workaholic who spends her time earning her bachlors in New Media Design, working a job, doing her best to spoil her girlfriend, and dabbling what little time she has left in personal projects like this one. Pretty easy going, kicks down mountains and isn't afraid of anything.
    Gallery
    [ Link ]
    Commissions
    Nope, too busy.
    PMs
    Always open to PMs.

User ImageName
    Marinaas

Favorite Kind of Soup
    Cream of Mushroom
    Brief Description
    A wee lass from the South of England, studying creative and fancy things like Film and Fine Art. Wants to become an animator in the future and is working hard to further her drawing skills as the days go by. Loves her girlfriend very much and wants to gobble her up like cake.
    Gallery
    [ Link ]
    Commissions
    I'M JUST A POOOOR BOY. But I don't need yo' sympathy, foo |:C
    PMs
    I guess so?

User ImageName
    EndeJester Ende

Favorite Flavor of Milkshake
    Coffee
    Brief Description
    29 year old slacker and hater of birthdays, lover of strange things like emo, steampunk and dragons <3 Not cuddly but dosen't bite (hard) and generally KH fangirl
    Gallery
    [ Link ]
    Commissions
    currently not available <3
    PMs
    Yes but please don't be angry if I can't do something or won't <3

User Image

User ImageName
    Nerpin, Nerp, Z!, Canadian.

Favorite Inside Joke
    Drawing Under Table
    Brief Description
    A 23 year old lazy, lazy creature who's just puttering through life with the cruise control button turned on. Constantly chill, it's ridiculously hard to piss her off. Well known for her short stature, but carries both a large personality and even larger appetite. Local thread art whore, constantly pumping art little scribbles to appease the Torren monster, and believes in you who believes in her.
    Gallery
    [ Link ]
    Commissions
    God, if I had the time for these...
    PMs
    Always open to PMs.

User Image
    User Image
    Official Unofficial helpers!

+ Samax
    Concept art, Graphics, Smarm.

+ Jaeger and Slander
    More pets, lineart edits and wiki help then you could shake a stick at! Also sanity.

+ Cupcakette
    Steampunk as a B/C concept <3 Being awesome.

+5 Shining Staff of Kickass.

THAT'S US. -Z

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas