Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
CrimsonCutie666
Lol it's ok Naien I was just curious if you enjoyed it like I did!

Well then do you mind if I call you Drac? You're characters are interesting but you should be aware they will have to disguise themselves and be very cautious around the city. This world is a dangerous one where death isn't uncommon in the metas. I have a character who's a cat demon who hides her features but is still ridiculed and forced to do dirty work to get by.

Though of course Shou is the almighty owner and creator of everything SS so I'm sure if she hasnt' responded yet she will here soon to tell you things I can't <3

Rickets, Lil, and Gal are human.... Lil and Gal are just eccentric.
But the other two aren't. I just really wanted to rp them and i didnt get a chance when their shops were open.

Kampa is likely going to go elsewhere for college. I decided that she grew up in the long time I havent been able to play her, so she wont be in the city long...
but yeah. Adei is going to have to be disguised. I expect adorable hoodies.

hibi-tea

Whoa whats this about 25 percent of your grade?
Holy crap.

Good luck there!

hibi-tea's Significant Otter

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
DraconicFeline
I was doing the laundry when I had the BEST IDEA EVER for a character.

When I made guardians for a shop like Angels Feathers and Museum, I drew from an ecclectic family of crazy explorers by the name of Lute.

I think I'm going to play their crotchety old grandpa here and bring the two siblings in.

Since the shops I played them in died, Can I bring in the kids they were caring for (an angel mermaid and a firefly girl)
(Yes I know. Angel mermaid. shush. Shes in her teens now and wants to be a linguist.)

Unfortunately, that probably won't work, I'm sorry. sad

The abnormal side of things are more for the Scents themselves, not the caretakers. There are a few cases where the caretakers aren't human, but they are either very secretive about what they are or have a reasonable explanation.

For example, I have a feline-ish female for one of my guardians, though she is very paranoid about going out. And when she does, she makes sure to cover up her tail and ears well, as anyone that isn't human isn't well received right now in this world. If people know what you are, that you're different, you are in danger. And as Crim mentioned about her character as well, they can't take on normal jobs. Life can be/is dangerous and at times very unpleasant for those who are different from the majority.

Romantic Enabler

One of my caretakers, and her husband/mate aren't exactly human, but keep human forms and keep any of their non-human traits rather zealously guarded if you aren't among their inner circle (and both were from when the shop was still in its beginning phases). |D; My other caretaker is just human.

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
CrimsonCutie666

Katarina Everard

Thank you both for answering questions while I am distracted by note-taking. You'd both be correct.

DraconicFeline

Kat and Crim's responses are pretty much the long and short of it, as well as the established cannon right now. To put things into perspective: Using magic inside Cyrus City is forbidden, being any sort of magical creature and/or in-human race is frowned upon, feared and can/will have hostility placed upon you.

This particular country is a relatively turbulent country. Akin to back in the Salem With Trial days where if you were suspected of witch-craft, you got drug in and shoved into a jail cell to await the trial that will inevitably lead to your death.

An angel-mermaid? Not particularly something you can hide very well. Not even the firefly girl is something that can be hidden very well. I prefer that only the Scentlings go to extremes with their looks and that guardians remain toned down.

Feasibility in keeping a child is key to this. Believable guardians and their families also play a major role in that.

Keeping in line with that, wings are something special to Scents. So races with functioning wings are things purposefully kept out of this shop. They don't have angels, and fairies are more akin to wingless nymphs more than anything.

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
sigh... Got it... just human...

Oh well... I guess its just the Lutes then. A nice human family. Grumpy grandpa, and two nutty paranormal investigator grandkids.

A shame, though. I was looking forwards to playing with Kampa and Adei a bit...

*isnt letting this go*

Boarding school?
Maybe?
neutral

edit:
Right... right...

Not even....
Okay.

Further Edit:

Actually, I mean, i dont need kampa (she kind of annoyed me anyway) andI could tone down Adei... Maybe antennae... she ... she doesnt need wings or...

Sorry. I'll... I should give this up.

Sparkly Citizen

You could always play them as human kids for here, that way you still get to play with their personalities and relationships with their family and such?

Like, I play my scent Jiang-Chen off gaia sometimes (and frequently play him as my main character in video games with good character customization *shot*), but as he's a koi-dragon-kid-thing here, he doesn't fit lots of settings, so I play him as a human/whatever may be relevant to the setting. 3nodding

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
That could work.
Adei could be a kid Gal found while poking around ancient ruins, and he then decided to raise completely whimsically.
She could just happen to like fireflies. I honestly never got a chance to play her so shes tabula rasa.

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
It doesn't have to be just human, but do you understand that we're trying to convey that this shop and its world is not like other casual RP B/Cs where anything goes and your imagination can run buck wild?

The more you stand out in Cyrus, the worse off you're going to have it. Legitimately. The Scentlings themselves are supposed to be the serious oddities that either do or do not cause turbulence in a guradian's life depending on their looks and personality.

If you've got someone like Ciaran or Jiang you've either begrudgingly resigned, or wholeheartedly accepted looking after, and you yourself being someone who stands out just as badly as they do the chances you're going to remain under the radar and unnoticed are slim pickin's.

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Naien Haigara
You could always play them as human kids for here, that way you still get to play with their personalities and relationships with their family and such?

Like, I play my scent Jiang-Chen off gaia sometimes (and frequently play him as my main character in video games with good character customization *shot*), but as he's a koi-dragon-kid-thing here, he doesn't fit lots of settings, so I play him as a human/whatever may be relevant to the setting. 3nodding

emotion_kirakira Jiang. *chases after him*

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Which is great. dont get me wrong here. I've seen some of those casual RPs and they are, like, breeding grounds for bad characters.
The last time I played an actually unusual character up to HALF HUMAN WHERE THIS SHOULDNT BE SO quality, I played it down and then made it an important character arc for her and her pets. Then I allowed her to get kidnapped so that the metaplot could have that extra edge.
And then at the end she developed stockholms syndrome for the final boss and her very devoted pet ended up dying.

I got the wrong idea, thats all. And then my brain wanted to run with it.

But...

The lute family themselves... they're ok, right? sorta? maybe?

Greedy Grabber

hibi-tea
emotion_kirakira Jiang. *chases after him*
gonk *flees*

Drac: I think they sound fine, but if I was reading this right about their interests/professions, similar to un-human features, supernatural/magical interests would be something they'd want to keep low-key around certain areas of the city/people they don't know well. Which could be lots of fun to play too, trying to pursue their hobbies while keeping it all under wraps? You'd still have opportunities to bring it up in RP/play it out if you wanted, because for obvious reasons most of the other guardians (and the scents themselves) are more open to 'odd' than your average NPC dude on the street. xd .

And if I wasn't reading this right, then please disregard me completely. xd

Romantic Enabler

(Anbu is rather glad she's very human-looking and can hide her 'odd' eye behind the safety of a mask.)

Greedy Grabber

(Jiang might be jealous. He'll never admit it. xd )

Romantic Enabler

(Anbu smirks and looks rather happy with herself.)

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
your reading it exactly right.

They would... find it fun to keep it on the down low. Like a spy movie!
Did i say they were eccentric?

Rickets, however, is not a fan of them, their profession, or the 'freaks' they love investigating. He's actually a jeweler.
But hes very much alone. Too alone to let them go. They are the only family he has left.

I'll keep Adei in there, because it makes the family dynamics... fun. Human but slightly odd. No antennae, but maybe Red eyes. That's hide able enough to be okay, but weird enough to have really caught Gal's attention.
Are Red eyes better than pokey antennae?

I'm, uh, writing a short story as we speak..... with a tab open for the setting...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff