Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Multicolored kittens! ;O; heart

I saw an episode of too cute puppies that had chow chow puppies, and me and my mom were, like, dying with how cute they were. xd Their little stub legs could barely hold up their fat barrel bodies and they kept stumbling around, it was so hilarious. They were so cute, though, I just wanted to squeeze them. Chow chows are so cute, they're like fuzzy little bears. ;O; Well I guess they're not that little, but they're smaller than actual bears.

How much do riding lessons usually cost? I should look up that stable and figure it out. Except I've passed by it a million times and have no idea what the name is. cool It seems like a pretty fancy place, though. From what I can tell it's huge and it's probably super expensive to board there, if they have boarders.

I guess I should probably just go buy a pony, that'll save money in the long term, right? 8DDD

Beloved Hunter

8,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gaian 50
I think most animals are cute as babies its what they grow up to be that is a problem.... sorry little bitter today Chief has been digging and today he stole skyes collor and was chewiong on it in the backyard. I've alread had to replace her collor about 7-8 times and she is only 3 and a half

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
So apparently one of the adorable baby fainting goats slipped out of its pen yesterday and made it into a pasture, where he was promptly injured. >o>; One of his hind legs is broken. It's the slightly smaller kid with more white on his face. Poor thing. I just feel awful for him. And Jeze is the most likely suspect for the one who broke his leg, it seems. I have a hard time believing she could have done it deliberately, I've never seen her go after anything. I'd seen her be chased by dogs and even then she didn't nail them when given the opportunity. So it must have been some sort of accident. My guess is, if she did it, the goat wandered under her and she didn't know where her feet were. I guess accidents just happen. ;O;

The barn owner took him to the vet, who took x-rays. Apparently he would need surgery that would cost $2,000+ to put a pin in his leg. She didn't have the money so they set and wrapped it and now everyone's hoping for the best. He's young and healthy and has a good appetite, so there's a good chance it will heal well. I just feel so bad for him, though. Poor young cutie.
On the bright side, even if the bones don't heal I hear goats can do well on three legs. >o>;;

The little goats let me pet them today. OH MY GOD they are the softest goats I've ever petted. I hope their coats stay soft like that. Every other goat I've petted has been coarse, but these ones are so soft. Even the pygmy goats babies I held in high school were coarse compared to these guys.

In less depressing news, I already have a favorite lesson kid. cool She is a little chatterbox, and midway through her lesson she stopped and asked me if I've ever watched Doctor Who. She then went on to tell me about her Doctor Who collectibles collection, and how her and her best guy friend play "Timelords." She says he is "The Doctor" and her Timelord name is "Monarch." She would want to be Amy Pond in their pretend game, but Amy is human and they're playing Timelords, so instead her Timelord persona is Monarch. She says her and her mom have been searching the internet looking for clues about next season and she's told me all about the girl set to play the next companion. Also, she's having a party to celebrate the new season when it finally starts, and I'm invited. rofl I may just have a nine ear old BFF at this rate.

As for riding lessons, around here hour-long group lessons will run you between $35 and $45. I know in 2008 I did hour-long private lessons and that only ran me like $40 I think. I tend to ride at laid-back type places, though. Where I teach now it's like $27.50 for a 30-minute private lesson, the price is funky because they're paid for in blocks of ten. If it's a floofy stables, it probably has a website. You should write down the name and look it up, or just google for local stables and see if anything pops up.

Oh man, bat Chief. ;O; Sounds like he's quite the trouble maker today (well, technically yesterday in my time zone I guess!)

Cute Fairy

I know I don't say much here, (because I know little about horses, despite owning one), but I promise I'm active. XD

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
You don't need to know anything about our conversation to join in! Mostly I think all of us ramble about whatever, you can do that too. cool

TV shows, pets, school, life, whatever. Feel free to ramble about anything relevant to you, Thaliawen. xd

Jeering Codger

Oh no, poor baby! ;o;

Monarch is a cool Time Lord name. cool I like this kid.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Isn't this kid just the neatest? Apparently her dad is a Shakespeare scholar.
When she asked me if I watch Doctor Who I pretty much did a double take. xd She also told me that she has an exploding TARDIS portrait in her bedroom.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
That little kid sounds awesome, Pook. xd

I found the stable I was talking about. =D Apparently they have 155 stalls for horses at their farm. Holy crap, that's a lot, isn't it? xd This place is huge.
http://www.fitzjoyfarm.com/index.html
Apparently group lessons are $37, but I don't know if that's only for children, or what. They don't have a price for private lessons on the website. Also they do trail rides $35! =D It's right next to a huge forest preserve, and I see people riding horses through the forest sometimes.

I want to go on an awesome pony trail ride. >D Do you think you have to have lessons before you can go on a trail ride?

Aww man, they rent out ponies for parties! I want a pony party! xd

While I was looking up stables, I also found a different one that was right next to my parents' old house. Like seriously right across the street and maybe a little ways down the block. (the forest preserve (a different one) was across the street from their house, and then the farm was next to it) So if my parents had kept living there I could, like, walk over to that farm and get pony rides. D= Aww man. They moved to such a lame horseless suburban area.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
One of the major things that freaks me out about lessons at the barn I'm teaching at is that kids are allowed to wear bike helmets and sneakers if that's what their parents provide them with. Last week I had a kid riding in Uggs. The barn owner has riding helmets for the kids to use, but many kids come with bike helmets. And the sneakers thing is scary too. If I had my own barn, kids would have to wear a riding helmet and boots with a low heel. >o> It's just safer that way. If you're only going to ride once it's not really necessary to buy your own helmet and boots and stuff, but these kids ride weekly and have been riding for a year or more and they're riding in sneakers. DRIVES ME NUTS.

I live like 25-30 minutes from any horses. My grandfather grew up in Philadelphia, though, and he was right near a big park where they had horses. I think he said he used to work at the stables. ;O; But it closed down when he was maybe 20.

My dad's brother used to work at a stable, too. For like a week. He sure thought he was a cowboy because of that, though. He used to drive me nuts, insisting that he knew more about horses than me when his wealth of knowledge included, "If you pull on the reins and kick really hard, you can get a horse to rear sometimes!" and gems like, "If you kick the horse really hard in the stomach when you're tightening the cinch, you can get it tighter."
He came and saw my lesson once when I was a kid and tried to encourage me to kick the horse in the stomach before I got on to make sure the girth was tight. WHAT? I'm so glad I don't talk to him anymore. >o> My whole dad's side of the family is populated with horrible losers and barely human monsters.

Edit: That's weird, the first half of my post didn't show up.

Anyway, I said that the trail rides seem to be guided by someone who knows what they're doing, the tack looks nice, and they probably put you on a dependable horse who knows that its job is to follow the lead horse. So you likely don't need lessons before going on a trail ride there. A lot of the time, a good trail string pony will follow the horse in front of it despite whatever cues the rider gives, so you don't need to really know how to ride to go on guided trail rides. It looks like a nice place, despite being so huge. All the horses in the pics looks to be in good condition. I like that all the saddles in the trail pictures are leather. That's always nice to see. 3nodding

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Your uncle sounds like such a creep. D= A horse should have trampled him to death after he kicked it. D<

I found the other farm that was right by my parents' old house, and apparently they have trail rides too, and also a petting farm. =D
http://www.fvfarms.com/Trailrides.html
I want to go pet some stuff. >D Aww sweet, they have llamas, I love llamas!

Man, I feel asleep right after I got home and I've gotten nothing done today. >o> Stupid schoolwork, not doing itself while I was sleeping.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah. That particular uncle is one of those people who I would murder if there weren't any laws or if I was, like, ruler of the universe. Because he's just generally a d**k, an all around horrible person, and I feel he doesn't deserve to live. >o>

Petting zoos are fun! Llamas are cool, I like Alpacas better, though, because they're awesome and fluffy. 3nodding

I'm super hungry but I don't want to cook anything because I don't know what we're having for dinner. I have no idea where my mom is, she should have gotten home two hours ago. I'm getting really tempted to pop a freezer pizza into the oven or something.

I should probably try to finish up my Dog thumbnails tonight. Maybe. ninja

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I'm also super hungry! I got this soy chorizo sausage stuff at Trader Joe's, which I was instantly suspicious of because I am suspicious of all soy meats, but the sign claimed it was "the most delicious vegan sausage ever" or something, and I've had other soy sausage that was acceptable, so maybe this one will be good? xd Anyway, I have like no other food, so I'll probably try and cook that. I think I have to like fry it up or something. It's in a dough form, it's not frozen.

I feel like I've gotten nothing done lately. D= I'm so behind in general. >o> But I feel like, once I catch up somewhat with stuff, I should do some sort of Guardian Fairy event. Maybe for GF's anniversary. What will it be? 5 years? 6 years? I don't even know. xd But that's like the 20th or something, and I'll probably (hopefully) be less busy by then, so I could probably do something simple. I don't know what I want to do, though. I was thinking some little forum game or something, and people would get points throughout the game, and then whoever gets the most points by the end would get whatever kind of baby they want. Maybe they'd get to pick the gender or one species instead of three, to make it, like, more special or whatever. xd I don't think I'd want to do that board game thing I was thinking about a while ago because it's too complicated, but maybe somehow a watered down version of that?

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
My mom just came home. She was grocery shopping. But apparently her dinner plan is pork chops, and I don't eat those, so I guess I'm just making myself something. xd I hope I have some minute rice.

Did I tell you I made a really tasty dish the other week? I feel like I probably already mentioned it before. Whatever. xd It was based on Japanese omurice, but I didn't flavor anything with ketchup. It was really good. I wish I had more mushrooms. I freakin' love mushrooms.

I feel like you should do something that's simple and fun, maybe. I don't know. xd
Maybe do a "guess what I guard" thing like I think we talked about before once vaguely. But maybe do 6 rounds based on color, one round for each primary and secondary color. And each round's clues could be referring to a creature/plant of a specific color.

Like an example for a yellow round prompt could be:
"I guard the best creature. It is small and can fly. Now they are pets, but they used to work in mines."
And the answer would be canary. Whoever gets it would win the yellow round, unless there's more than one question in each round or whatever.

And then you'd have six round winners, and you could do some sort of semifinals round to narrow it down some more.
Maybe using those other games we'd thought up for the board game.

Actually what I just described is all just as complicated as the board game, probably. xd Maybe just do the guess what I guard thing and whoever guesses the most whatevers correctly wins a fairy with the gender and guarded species of their choice or something?

I'm trying to decide if I want to put Fair on a brief hiatus after another couple pages so that I can work on Dog, or if I should try to hurry up and work to finish this chapter of Fair and THEN put it on a brief hiatus until Dog's completion. I don't know. I don't think I can do both at the same time (as that's seeming to result in nothing getting done at all) and I NEED Dog to be done but like the end of May by the latest.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Oh yeah, I did hear about you cooking the other week. xd I made a rice thing with my soy sausage (soysauge? 8D ) thing, onions, and pinto beans. It was pretty good, but the sausage was like SUPER strong and chili powdery. >o> It was like eating a mouthful of chili powder. Which i don't actually mind, because I like spicy foods, but I don't think I'd buy it again. It was a little extreme. I froze some because I think it would be really good with guacamole, but I didn't have any avocados, so I guess I'll do that sometime later. xd

Yeah, a "guess what I guard" thing could work. cool I should start casually making a list of questions like that, and then whenever I finish enough questions I can start the event. That way, once I start it, I won't have to do much of anything.

Hmm. Maybe you should get Dog done sooner, just so you know it's done? Then you'll have to worry less, maybe? xd I don't know how close you are to being done or anything.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah, you should just make a list and then it'll be less work later. cool

Well for Dog I have 23 pages thumbnailed and character designs pretty much down. I'm hoping to finish the thumbnails tonight, and then I can start sketching for the actual pages. I'm going to do lineart and all that other junk digitally. 3nodding

For Fair I have the first 15 pages done, but I'm going back and editing the font and word bubbles and stuff now. I've got seven pages left to edit. I think I'll work on them now. And then I'll be like 15 pages away from chapter one's completion.

I've edited this Friday's page, 8, heavily like three or four times between the first time I finished it and now, so I'm going to try and get all the text-tweaking done tonight so I can resize and have it ready for Friday. I'm going to need to export and resize all the other pages after that again one so that the text will match. Resizing only takes like ten seconds anyway.

I'm probably going to do digital lineart for the second half of chapter one when I get around to it. If that's the case, I might make the resize a little larger since the quality will be better overall. Right now the pages are resized to 13% their mass original size.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff