Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Trafficker

23,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
I figure this has a pretty low chance of succeeding since I can't remember much about it, but I'm trying to figure out the author of a poetry book I had read when I was much younger. The issue is, I only remember some of the illustration, which may or may not be enough to actually find what I'm looking for. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong location, but figured this was the only place I might get a serious answer if there is one.

Of what I remember:
-One of the pages has 7 (maybe one or two more) trolls or similar animals (they kind of reminded me of the wild things from "Where the Wild Things Are" but weren't actually) standing next to one another with a pot of pudding boiling in the middle while they argued about how to cook it, one of them complaining of it becoming too runny. The last one was laying on the floor behind the one in front of him catching the drippings from the oversized pudding spoon in his mouth.

-Another page had a boy sleeping in a giant sock outside to stay warm in the snow.

If I remember more, I'll add more. I'm sorry for not having more info to include, I don't expect to actually find what I'm looking for. Thank you for any help.

Magical Bookworm

I could be wrong and I'm going on a whim here, but the way you're describing the trolls kinda makes it sound like the illustrations used in Shel Silverstein's books. Maybe you can try him?

Profitable Trafficker

23,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
SymphonicFantasia
I could be wrong and I'm going on a whim here, but the way you're describing the trolls kinda makes it sound like the illustrations used in Shel Silverstein's books. Maybe you can try him?

I think you may be right, since the art style feels similar to what I remember. Having trouble with finding the specific, but I think that will put me on the right track. Thank you!

Magical Bookworm

Goldfisk
SymphonicFantasia

I think you may be right, since the art style feels similar to what I remember. Having trouble with finding the specific, but I think that will put me on the right track. Thank you!

You're welcome! I tried to narrow it down for you, too, but it was quite hard. I hope you find it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff