Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Foe

11,175 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
I have a few weeks before heading back to school and want to get a little bit of last-minute summer reading in. (I'm going to need it before I spend another semester reading about History and Macroeconomics!) So I'm looking for suggestions. I am open to trying different genres and authors. I tend to read a lot of fantasy/sci-fi, horror, manga, and historical non-fiction. I love classics and contemporary literature.
I would suggest The Looking Glass Wars
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown is a MUST READ!!!
Nariluggaldimmerankia
I have a few weeks before heading back to school and want to get a little bit of last-minute summer reading in. (I'm going to need it before I spend another semester reading about History and Macroeconomics!) So I'm looking for suggestions. I am open to trying different genres and authors. I tend to read a lot of fantasy/sci-fi, horror, manga, and historical non-fiction. I love classics and contemporary literature.

You should really read "The Giver" quartet by Lois Lowry, The Secret Garden (It's a Classic), Tuck Everlasting (another Classic) the Uglies quartet, the Septimus Heap series, The Demon King series, and if you're looking for REALLY unique fantasy books, I sugest the author Neal Shusterman. The man's a genius.

Above all else, read Neal Shusterman's Skin-jacker trilogy, Unwind(which is being turned into a movie this year -- I read the whole book in one day, it was so good) and the book UnLundun by China Meiville.
Try the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit
for classics
I recommend anything by Ted Dekker, especially The Circle series. It's fantasy.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
If you like historical fiction, I would really recommend Johnny Tremain. Great book about the start of the American Revolution through the eyes of a teenager.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
For the Sci-Fi/Fantasy aspect, I would suggest the Mercy Thompson Series and The Alpha and Omega series both by Patricia Briggs.....

Mercy Thompson series(In order):
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne
Rivermarked
Frost Burned (COMING MARCH 2013)

Alpha and Omega(Also in order):
On The Prowl (This book is a collaborative between Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance and an author by the pen-name of Sunny, and has 4 mini stories/excerpts. Patricia's insert is called Alpha and Omega and it tells the story of how the 2 main characters in her book Cry Wolf meet. So I guess you could call it the prequel to Cry Wolf razz )
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Fair Game

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
The Harry Dresden Series by Jim Butcher. Bound to get you hooked.

Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhoresen by Garth Nix.

I just finished reading The Casual Vacancy. It was alright. But as a book, somewhat slap dash and dissapointing. (Im not griping becasue it wasnt potter, im griping because of the way it was written.)

3,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
Death To Clowns 05
For the Sci-Fi/Fantasy aspect, I would suggest the Mercy Thompson Series and The Alpha and Omega series both by Patricia Briggs.....

Mercy Thompson series(In order):
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne
Rivermarked
Frost Burned (COMING MARCH 2013)

Alpha and Omega(Also in order):
On The Prowl (This book is a collaborative between Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance and an author by the pen-name of Sunny, and has 4 mini stories/excerpts. Patricia's insert is called Alpha and Omega and it tells the story of how the 2 main characters in her book Cry Wolf meet. So I guess you could call it the prequel to Cry Wolf razz )
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Fair Game

Totally agreed. These series are awesome. also try the Shifter series and Unbound trilogy by Rachel Vincent.

Shifters:
Stray
Rogue
Pride
Prey
Shift
Alpha

Unbound
Blood Bound
Shadow Bound
Oath Bound (this isn't out yet)
Vampirates by Justin Somper. it's all about pirates, vampires and adventure~
Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Heroes of Olympus, by Rick Riordan, anyone?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff