Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm being completely serious here, okay?
Should Micheal Jackson be included in Black History Month? I ask this question I know he, ya know, went white. So I got bit confused by that.
Help me please? confused

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
X--Intoxicated Spirit--X
Should Micheal Jackson be included in Black History Month? I ask this question I know he, ya know, went white. So I got bit confused by that.
Help me please? confused

He never went white. He had a skin condition called vitiligo. The skin loses it's brown pigment in different places causing irregular white patches of skin. The treatments he underwent for Vitiligo ended up sort of bleaching him. The rest was makeup.

He'd be included in Black History month, but his reputation took such a great hit that people are hesitant to talk about him in remembrance for the barriers he broke and all the good he actually did. If you want to do a report on him or something, go ahead, but he's probably included as a part of American history. BHM is often used to shed limelight on lesser known black musicians, artists, etc.

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
My shadow cast before me,
I walk inside your circle.

What? he didn't give up his heritage just because his skin color changed -_-

Protect me, correct me.
You got your orders, soldier.
Born black, then he is part of black history month.
He made quite a good bit of history too.

Generous Humorist

sukiyuna
X--Intoxicated Spirit--X
Help me please? confused

He never went white. He had a skin condition called vitiligo. The skin loses it's brown pigment in different places causing irregular white patches of skin. The treatments he underwent for Vitiligo ended up sort of bleaching him. The rest was makeup.

He'd be included in Black History month, but his reputation took such a great hit that people are hesitant to talk about him in remembrance for the barriers he broke and all the good he actually did. If you want to do a report on him or something, go ahead, but he's probably included as a part of American history. BHM is often used to shed limelight on lesser known black musicians, artists, etc.

I know he had vitiligo but are you sure he didn't become white on purpose because when I look at him I see...

His wife
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

His kids
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't even know how. His kids should at least look mixed. Genetically speaking. My biology teacher isn't even sure.
He is black

Vicious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
X--Intoxicated Spirit--X
Help me please? confused

The man had vitiligo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas