Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

User Image

EDIT: This RP is dead! I ruined it because I'm so stupidly lame and cliche, I just had to make Q a hellhound randomly in the middle. Not a mistake I'll make again.
But, if you liked reading this, there's another thread based on this universe with some other GCD regs:
Here

This RP is private, meaning you can't join.
Feel free to read it, I suppose.

But honestly, this RP is going to be so lax, it'll probably read very poorly.
Not to mention crappy characters. xd

But if you enjoy reading cliches, go for it, I guess.

EDIT: Okay, this is actually kind of weird, but please don't PM me or Ven about joining your RPs. Ven doesn't want to and while I usually do have an interest, I really don't have the time for more than one RP. Sorry.

Oh, and for that one person who sent fanart-- That was awesome. <3
I really didn't think this RP was any good. xd

Anyway, I can't speak for Ven on this, but my PM box is always open if you want to talk in general. As long as it doesn't involve advertising of somesort, or trying to guilt me into one of your RPs.
------

Scotland. It was a very pretty country. It was also the first time Q had ever been here. The Agency had brought him here to model for some classy headphones. Why he was worth so much to send across the world from the US to model for some DJs was something that completely escaped Q's mind, but it didn't really matter at this point. The shooting was over for today and he had changed into his normal clothes, his nose inside some brochure about the "Best Bars in Edinburgh".

Q was wearing a rather unfashionable outfit. He didn't care what everyone else thought, on his off time he wore what he wanted. He wore black long sleeves on a red shirt, with black pants, and a gold necklace with a green pendant on it which matches his eyes. Of course, not many people in public saw his eyes as they were usually covered by sunglasses. His hair was grey and lopsided over one side of his face, for the most part hiding a diagonal scar across his face. He also had tattooes on either side of his chin that looked like two black whiskers. His defining feature, though, was his tail. A darker grey than his hair, distinctly canine tail.

One of the bars was around here somewhere... Q looked up to the street signs and followed them, walking for a good hour before he finally came across a lively looking pub by the name of "tServo".

After a moments hesitation, Q stuffed the brochure in his pocket and walked into the place, looking for a place to sit.

Explorer

User Image
Ven growled annoyed when he heard his boss call out for him once again.
Sighing, he rushed down the stairs from his small flat into the store room of the bar.

"Don't be that lazy, boy! You can sleep later, the customers are waiting!" Tom, the owner of the bar, yelled at him.
"Yes, sir..." Ven muttered and rolled his eyes when Tom didn't look at him anymore.
He was way too tired to work in that damn bar right now.

Tom always made him work all night and still expected him to be up in time the next day.
If Ven didn't need the money so badly, he wouldn't be in the bar or even in Edinbugh anymore.
He hated working there but what else should he do? No one would hire him for any other job...
And he should be grateful for the small flat Tom gave him.
Well "flat" was probably exaggerated. It was merely one small bedroom and an even smaller bathroom.

Ven quickly changed into his blue and black workclothes. They were the only things he really liked about his job.
He had always found the waiter's clothes very pretty and being able to wear them made him feel happy like a small child who finally got the toy it had always wanted.

It was only 8 PM so the bar would probably still be barely visited. His job never got too hectic before 10 PM and Ven could not complain about that.
Yawning, he began to tidy up the small bar. He had been right, hardly anyone had come in yet.

"Good evening, Ven!" Lucy, Tom's daughter, greeted him.
She also worked in her father's bar as a waitress and was very friendly, unlike her Dad.
"Hi Lucy" Ven smiled at her and was glad she had already started to pick up the orders of the few customers.

Elder

User ImageNoticing the bar wasn't that full, Q sat on a stool at the far end of the bar, on the corner. His tail hung loosely between his legs at the back of the stool while he tried to eye the bottles aligned on the back of the bar, seeing what they had.

He was about to order a scotch before he realized that'd make him look like a tourist. Wouldn't it? He'd heard Scotch was some sort of offensive term. Q wanted to drink something good, but he didn't know what. He groaned to himself. The land of pretty much the best alcoholic beverages ever, and he didn't know what to get.

Q spotted a young man with black hair and blue horns sticking out of his head. Q waved the kid over.

"Hey," Q leaned in, his smoker's voice slightly low, once the odd boy came over. "I've never been to Scotland before. I want a really good drink. What is there?"

Q didn't want to look stupid, but he knew he had already achieved the status of dolt.

Explorer

User Image
Ven looked confused at the weird guy in front of him.
What kind of tourist was THAT? Grey hair? He could barely be older than 25. No one of that age had grey hair.
If Ven didn't have blue horns sticking out of his own head, he would probably have freaked out because of the guy's tail.
But now he only frowned at him.
"A really good drink, eh?" He thought of his own favorite drink at once but he wasn't too sure whether that odd guy would like it.
"How about a Salty Dog? That's my personal favourite"

Ven couldn't stop staring at the grey-haired guy. Somehow he seemed so familiar.
Like someone he had seen many times before but he couldn't recall WHERE exactly.
If he had realized that he had been staring at the other guy like a small child, he would have turned red like a tomato.
He wasn't one who liked staring at other people and he certainly didn't like being stared at, either.

Elder

User ImageQ leaned back with a chuckle at the words "salty Dog". He wondered if the slang meant the same thing in this country. It was probably better not to ask.

He leaned forward once more, arms on the bar. "Sure, but only if you tell me what's in it, first," Q replied with a smirk.

Q realized the boy was staring at him, but to be honest, Q liked the attention. The other would've realized Q was staring back had he not been wearing sunglasses. Behind them, Q's green eyes quickly darted from side to side, looking to see if anyone else was smoking. He could see any, so he quickly asked the horned boy if he were allowed to, or if Scotland had outlawed smoking, like every other country, it seemed.

Explorer

User Image
"Uh, it's vodka and grapefruit juice" Ven answered surprised.
Where the hell was that guy from when he didn't even know what was in a Salty Dog?
The moon?
"If you don't like that, we still have other drinks like Sex on the Beach or Tequila Sunrise. Or just simple beer if you would rather drink that"

Ven frowned even deeper when he heard that question.
"I am sorry. Smoking is not allowed in our bars here in Scotland anymore"

Elder

User Image"Nah, nah, the Salty Dog's fine," Q waved his left hand haphazardly.
Q didn't know his mixed drinks very well. He felt even more stupid before; the kid acted like it was a common drink.

"Well that's stupid," Q remarked about the anti-smoking laws. "Pubs were made for smokers. It's not fair to outlaw that..."

Explorer

User Image
"I'll bring you one, then. And the anti-smoking law is not very useful. We get less customers in here than we would get if people were still allowed to smoke. But this isn't MY bar so I don't worry about that too much"
Ven grinned stupidly.
He turned around and picked the bottles off the shelves to mix the Salty Dog.
While doing that he still wondered where he had seen that guy before.

He poured the vodka into a small glass and looked up at the dog-tail-guy again.
"Uhm, sorry if this seems stupid... But you seem so familiar. Have we met before?"
The moment the words left his mouth Ven felt stupid again. Of course he had never met that guy anywhere.
His memory was just messing around with him again.
How could he possibly have forgotten meeting a guy with a TAIL?

Ven put the Salty Dog down on the bar in front of the guy and waited for an answer.

Elder

User ImageQ took the drink and quickly downed half the glass, turning to the side and coughing slightly.
The grapefruit juice made it taste weird. This must be a girl drink. He laughed at himself in his mind. This night just kept getting worse. He should've just stayed with whisky, but now that he had vodka, there's no way he could switch now.

Turning back to Ven, he forced a smirk. "You're actually not the first to say that."
Q looked around the bar slowly, wondering if they had any magazines. He could find none. Of course not. Why would a pub have magazines? That was stupid.

He put his fist on the bar and turned again toward his server. "You can call me Q. What's your name?"

It seemed more as if Q had simply forgotten to answer the question rather than purposefully avoided it.

Explorer

User Image
Q? That was a name?

Ven began to find that guy weirder and weirder. What had he just been looking for?
Was he some kind of criminal who was afraid of being followed by the police?
Maybe he was a bank robber... Or a *****... Maybe even a serial killer...
And now he had come into the bar to hide or kill another innocent waiter.

Ven couldn't help but laugh when he noticed his own silly thoughts.
That was too dumb, even for him.

"Eh, my name is Ven" he mumbled, kinda embarrassed by his own stupid thoughts.

Elder

User Image"Ven is an interesting name, " Q replied.

The man reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. He thumbed through various business cards until he found his own. He handed the tan card with black print to the Bartender, putting his wallet away.

"That's probably how you know me." Q took a sip of the drink in his hand, grimacing slightly. Definately not a drink for the future.

The business card had Q's full name on it, Quatre Bornes Lee, as well his profession - model - and his cellphone number.

"You can keep that," Q was giving a subtle hint. But he wondered if the boy'd catch onto it.

Explorer

User Image
"Uh, thank you..." Ven stuttered.
He took a curious glance at the business card Q had handed him.
Ven's eyes widened when he read "model" on it.
He looked at the Q, back down to the card and then at Q again.
"You're a model!? That's awesome! Sounds like such an interesting job!"

Ven felt a sudden rush of excitement. That Q guy must have a wonderful life. Being a model!
Ven imagined him travelling from photoshoot to photoshoot all over the globe. From one big city to the next all year like some celebrity.
"I bet I have seen you in a magazine then. I'm sorry for that silly question..."

Suddenly Ven's own life seemed so boring and useless to him.
What was he supposed to do with it? Rot here in this bar before he even got the chance to return to Germany, to his mother and his best friend who was waiting for him?
If he even WAS still waiting for him now.
He sighed and slightly shook his head to get rid of such depressing thoughts.
Complaining wouldn't help him at all.

Elder

User ImageWhen Ven burst out that Q was a model, his first impulse was to tell the kid to tone it down a bit. But Ven blabbered on about other things, so Q let it go.

"It's not that interesting," Q remarked, downing the rest of the Salty Dog, so he could move onto better drinks, "But it does allow me to do what I want to."

Q wiped his lips, preferring to have salt on his sleeve rather than tasting it. He should've taken his first impulse and not have ordered a drink with the same slang term, as well... His mind shouldn't go there...

He put the glass down and pushed it aside. "Can I just have a vodka this time?"
Holding onto the edge of the bar, he leaned back and closed his eyes for a moment, before leaning back in with a smirk to Ven. Q was far from drunk; he was not even that tipsy. But he couldn't waste an opportunity like this to have fun.

"When do you get off work, Ven?"

Explorer

User Image
Ven sighed. Doing whatever he wanted to do sounded too good to ever become true.
He wished he could just do what he wanted and leave Tom and his damn bar and never come back here again.

"Just a vodka? Sure"
He grabbed the bottle of vodka and poured it into a new glass which he gave to Q.
"Guess you didn't like the Salty Dog very much? What a pity, I really love that drink"

He tilted his head to one side. "Uhm... usually not before 2 or 3 in the morning. Tom lets me work all night"
When he said that he looked over his shoulder to make sure that Tom wasn't hearing him.
"Why do you ask?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces