Welcome to Gaia! ::

Graviel Loken

warrior/tracker for The Survivalists Association
companions: Graviel and his bad-self

Summer 4, afternoon

User Image

Having been traveling almost all morning Graviel had finally made it to the clearing he had used on his way to meet the farmer. "Might as well stop and at lunch" Graviel said to himself as he found the same tree, with his furry butt print still in the grass, plopping down in the exact same spot Graviel took his rucksack off his back and began rummaging though it slowly looking for the fish net and tinderbox he kept in his rucksack."This ought to catch the ones that get away" he said to himself as he put the rucksack up into the tree on the highest branch he could reach. which was surprising high, almost eleven feet off the ground.

Making his way away from the tree he began to build a small cooking fire in the pit he had created last time. It took him nearly twenty minutes to find enough good dry wood and leaves to build his fire and set about starting the small fire, placing the sticks around a bed of leaves in the shape of a round tent and then stuffing the open spaces around the sticks with more leaves. Having completed that Graviel took the tinderbox and began to spark the flint and steel until he got a good spark onto the leaves and began to softly blow.

Another 5 minutes had gone by while Graviel waited for the leaves and wood to catch light, feeding the hungry fire with small twigs and bark to keep its insatiable hunger in check, smiling once the wood caught Graviel was content for the minute and got up and walked to the river he had found the last time he was here.

Upon reaching the stream graviel laughed with delight scaring a few wild birds in the process, the sight he beheld was of a school of fish swimming up stream, they looked to be rainbow trout or maybe a salmon, walking up stream for about 10 minutes he began to set his net, taking larger rocks and weighing down the each corner of the net while keeping the bottom in the water to catch any stragglers. Graviel didn't need many, most he would throw back to keep the fish population strong just encase he needed to come back this way.

Graviel fished for maybe an hour before going to the net to see how many of the fish he caught there, and was surprised to see the young cub following him. "Well, well, well, I thought I told you to go home to your mumma." Said Graviel as he walked over to the cub who was trying to get the fish in the net but failing horribly. "Hold on little cub" he said scooping up the young bear and letting the fish go, he had gotten enough for his dinner and then some.

Walking back to camp, catch in hand as well as the cub he smiled to see the fire perfect with the right amount of coals for cooking fish slowly. The whole way back the cub whimpered and whined as Graviel felt the cub's stomach rumble. "Your hungry, where is your mother cub?" Graviel asked concerned. "If she doesn't show up tonight I will take you with me." He added as they entered the small clearing.

"Here don't run off i will feed you" Graviel said as he set the cub down and watched as the cub followed right behind him. "Here" he added as he got to the fire and broke off a few sticks from a tree and impaled some of his fish and stuck them on the rocks around the fire. Tossing a smaller fish to the cub Graviel smiled as the cub almost gave a cry of joy and quickly tore into the fish which happened to be rainbow trout as he had first thought.

Summer 4 midafternoon

companions: Graviel and his little cub friend

It was two hours after lunch when graviel noticed the bear cub wouldn't quit whimpering and sighed before a strange scent caught his nose... a very very strange scent, almost like burning green wood "Oh Fugg all kinds of duck." He said to himself as he grabbed the cub and grabbed his rucksack and quickly put out the fire leaving the half-finished meal in the dieing coals and dirt.

Summer 4, Late afternoon

Having followed the path away from the scent Graviel sighed, he had to find a new place to hunker down to wait for the cubs mother. ~What if she doesn't show.~ Graviel thought to himself as he looked down at the sleeping content cub in his arm, "what am i going to do with you little one" he said as he continued to walk for a few more hours.

As he came to a bend in the road Graviel sighed the scent had left him but he hadnt a clue as to where he was now but decided to stop and make camp for the night, if the mother was out there she would be looking for her cub and following his scent. looking around Graviel sighed, ~this is no place to make a stand if I need to, I need the woods~ thinking to himself as he turned from the road and walked another twenty minutes before coming to a nice shallow area. Setting the sleeping cub and the rucksack onto the ground he set to work making a new clearing.

Walking to the nearest tree, Gravial swung his claws heard and felt them sink into the tree meat and began to pull hard, and yanked the tree roots and all out of the upturned dirt with a roar that shook the nearby trees Graviel throw the tree to one side of the clearing making a natural barricade from anything on the outside. Graviel kept at this task for several hours, every tree taking more and more strength to lift and move, right to the end where he couldn't lift but instead had to push and roll the trees out of the way, all the while not noticing the cub had woken up, tore open his rucksack and was eating the last stores of his food.

Finishing his task, Graviel finally looked around and saw the cub's little stubble of a tail poking out of his rucksack. "Crap" He said as he quickly walked over to the cub and found that the he had eaten most of the food he had left, all but a few slices of meat and one whole loaf of bread. "damn you little cub, what in Ominessia are you doing to my food you little brat?" He said as he plucked the bloated cub up and looked him hard in the eyes. "Was it good you little s**t?" He asked rather angry as he walked over to the tree he had ment to lean on and set the cub down.

"WHY!?" he asked, he was to tired to do anything else, even hunt "i would have fed you, all you have to do is ask" Graviel said and then thought on his words. "That's right your not Tyr, your a bear, an actual bear and I don't make any sense to you do I?" he said defeated at last as his great strength gave out at last as he collapsed onto the ground and felt the cub crawl up next to him. "I'm not mad little one, just tired, now lets rest while we wait for your mumma" he said as he drifted off into sleep.

Summer 4, Dusk almost night

Awaking with a start finding the cub still in the crook of his arm he smiled softly and stretched his sore muscles looking around him as he quietly got up trying not to wake the cub up and succeeded and walked over to the center of the clearing he had made and sorely began to dig a pit with his clawed paw. walking over to a tree he had plucked up a few pieces of wood and began to build a fire.

It had taken some time to get the green wood to light, and even longer to dry out enough wood to keep the fire going all night but it had been done and now he was cooking the last of his food to share with the cub. "I wonder where that mother bear is?" he asked himself as he looked back at the cub who was sleeping off the food he had eaten but was beginning to stir.

"Your up now huh?" Graviel said as he got up and walked over to the cub and picked up the yawing form. "Come on you, your mother isn't coming, I don't know where she is but we have waited to long here. I'm late returning to my home, and im quite homesick" Graviel added as he grabbed the stick of meat and blew on it to give it to the cub who sniffed it and began to eat it slowly this time still quite full. As the cub finished its meal it came to Graviel's lap and laid down falling quickly back to sleep.

"That's a good boy I think I will name you Nero, Vipus Nero, my young companion" Graviel said as he looked at the cub for a very long time before putting out the fire and grabbing his stuff and the cub who had fallen back asleep "sleep now little Nero, for you will need your strength for the coming journey" Graviel added as he stated back down the road heading for Tresiel.

Phantom

User ImageUser Image

Voices echoed back to their owners after bouncing a few times within he hollow dome, Vaan's skull. He was no teenager, not in human years, at least, but he knew his and Mimelia's teasing were mutual. "Pah!" Was his most automatic response whenever accused of being or doing something. He would consider flicking her head playfully, but recalled doing such a thing to a young boy who wanted to join the guild, and the result wasn't pleasant. The old master would surely have given him a verbal lesson for that. More random animal like noises might emit from his mouth, when every woman in his company came to the consensus, 'just do not listen to him,' they would warn. All the namecalling would have set him off by now, if it had not come from the lips of such beautiful girls. 'Bag of wind,' 'Teenage pervert,' 'bird brain,' and something about a twisted loincloth, Vaan had an unmatched reputation around these parts. What did soak in to the prince's mind were compliments and the words of his proclaimed opponents when he was rearing for a fight. Thorn and Alice both appeased to the prince's ego.

When commented on having the arm of a bear, the dull witted Vaan would literally take a second look at himself. Flexing his bicep and checking himself out for all the ladies to bare witness. "Not hardly as hairy! And definitely bigger." Vaan had taken Thorn's statement a bit literally, but soon turned his gaze back on the man, ready to fight. The ranger however was a much better diplomat in a sitation like this, and in fact did drop a crude sword. Vaan smirked at that, and looked around to see if the ladies were grateful, but he would soon hear of his wrong accusations. Everyone sided with Thorn, and it seemed Mimelia had traveled with the man prior to this meeting. Vaan scoffed, and brushed his ignorance off like it was nothing. "Well you can never be too safe, around men!" As if safety was something he cared much about.

Back to the very interesting subject at hand. Daisy and Alice had seemingly stopped wrestling, and to this Vaan frowned. Had only they skirmished a bit more in that mud, that would have been a good show to end the night on, alas. The fighters guild leader walked up behind his own comrade, but would be stopped short when the white haired Bryn addressed him, she threw her best compliments his way, and he soaked up every single one like a sponge could. Instantly he would begin fawning over himself, slicking his spiky golden hair back, puffing out his chest, and throwing on the cockiest look you could imagine. "The bards must be singing of my glory across Avelcas by now! The throne will be mine in due time, do not worry... Just keep believing in me, as your savior." Following these words, Vaan would point his claymore off in to the distance, his signature pose.

Alice closed in on the prince now, bolstering her most sweet and innocent facade, while puckering up to bestow him a kiss for his valiance. He would compromise her lies about his good heart in an instant. During the amount of time she would daringly flick through his pockets, Vaan also let his hand loose on her. A sharp pinching of her buttocks would be the female bryn's most immediate transaction with karma, and she might feel it for a few days to come, given the guy's inability to control his strength. "Oh, but you don't have to go!" Vaan would propose, right after giving her a reason to. She was already off now, though, and if she looked back, the bravado of Vaan would have him winking back in her direction.

Back to the task at hand, a guildsmen would soon approach Vaan with another message. Though he might try and shrug all these papers off, his own crew was a bit fed up with him, which could be shown in the way this fighter simply tossed Freya's letter at Vaan's face and left without saying anything else. With a sigh, the bryn attempted to read this letter, but he would fall short a few words at first, and only skim for the ones he knew. From what his ego might tell him, it was either an early congradulations from the king himself, or a love letter. Either way, he chuckled heartily before tossing that very scroll Mimelia's way. "Well look at that, kid! At least some people appreciate my greatness!" He'd brag, and brag, and brag, till someone would shut him up.

"Alright! Best you head to bed now, pipsqueak!" Vaan turned his attention back to Mimelia, since she had been the reason he retreated from battle. "I'll just find a nice tree branch to scout from, and..." He was about to explain his personal battle plan to the little girl, before something caught his attention. Another guildmate, of course, however this time it was one of the men ordered to scout the furthest perimeter.

"Sir, sir! I have grave news... it appears as though a larger bolster of the Calxus army is on the march. They're headed straight for the village! It looks as though they had the same idea, to collect their dead." The warrior made sure to speak loud enough for anyone in earshot to hear, which was smart. Everyone needed to know the danger they would be in very soon.

"[******** bastards haven't learned their lesson and sodded off?!
        " Vaan howled, almost with glee at the thought of fighting more. "Well then!" The prince would begin. After a scan over his remaining forces, as well as a sudden acknowledgment of Nimat's own broken wing, and Mimelia's assumed fatigue, he would so something a bit out of his character. "I'm ready to fend them off! If any of you lot aren't... well, I suppose it's best you take flight then." No matter what, battle was coming there way.

By a common estimation, it would still take the army a good half an hour or more to arrive. Several guildsmen where still rallying the wounded, dying, and dead from the battlefield, and likely weren't going to try and hold this point. Everyone was fatigued by battle, and Vaan wasn't so stupid not to realize, after such repetition, that many of them would flee in the face of death. With what time he had, the prince and captain of the fighter's guild would simply overlook the actions of all his comrades, and the survivors of the town. Whatever they did, he would try not to care, but if they stayed here, they would need his protection. Vaan was always the bird that came back, his loyalty and strength kept him in the lead. He wasn't about to fall back until all hope was truly lost.

Location: {Eucelid Ruins} tab tab Company: {Mimelia, Nimat, Thorn, Daisy, Alice + Fighter's Guild} tab tab Mood: {On edge} tab tab OOC: {Keep the party going, right? cool }

Doctor Jax
iKokoro
Holy J I N X
Fey_Glory
Oni Ignasha

Graviel Loken

companions: Graviel and his little bear cub Vipus Nero

Summer 5, afternoon

User Image

Having finished the trip during the night Graviel Loken sighed as he knew his money was about to be forfeited to pay the farmers bill. ~But i can always make more money.~ Graviel thought to himself as he walked through the doors the the guild. "I'm back, and here is the guild's payment" Graviel said as he threw the money to the book keepers. "Ahh you did get payed this time, i owe the master a debt, they thought you wouldnt get payed." The book keeper said as he took out 3 gold coins and tossed them to Graviel. "Your payment for a job well done" was all the keeper said before turning back to his desk and continuing his work

leaving the guild and headed for the Inn Graviel smiled as he looked down at the cub. "Make no noise Vipus, your not aloud to come in so stay quiet" Graviel said as he walked through the door. entering the Inn Graviel threw the Inn keeper the three coins. "just a bed for the night my friend" graviel said as he saw the Inn keeper take the coins and smile knowing Graviel always over payed. for what was money to a Tyr who could get what ever he wanted out in the woods.

"You got it Graviel" the Inn keeper said as he put the coins away in a pouch and continued on with his work. Walking up to his room, Graviel desided that he wanted to wash up first before he ate, he felt grimy. "You want a bath little cub?" he asked opening his rucksack and letting the cub out and smiled when the cub jumped on the bed and fell asleep. "Guess not" Graviel added as he walked into the bathroom and saw the water was already steaming hot, just how he liked it.

Climbing into the water he sighed with relief as he saw the water instantly turn dark with the dirty and filth that came off of him. "Yuck" he said as he climbed out of the water again, his fur already looking cleaner and he hadnt even washed it yet. going to the door and out again he went to the main room of the Inn and up to the bar keep.

"hey um i need some new bath water up stairs....." Graviel said low so the other guests wouldnt hear how dirty he was, "right away Master Loken" the bar keep said as he went to fetch one of the servent boys. walking back up stairs Graviel pulled the plug on the tub and watched as a layer of dirty and filth washed down the drain. "Gross" Graviel said as he walked back into the room and put the cub under the fur blinkets to hid him.

Chatty Genius

8,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
xxxxxxn i m a txxxxxx

User Image

"Trusting strangers is a good way to get a knife in your back."

Nimat looked back at Vaan as the news came in. Another force... Nimat looked around at the incredibly tired Fighter's Guild. They were less an army and more a random band of warriors that had been thrown together at short notice. They were there to provide immediate support, not a prolonged defense. Nimat was no strategist, but she knew that the current situation was looking bleak. There was no way Vaan could keep them fighting....

...so, in a moment of admirable camaraderie, he bid anyone who wished to leave, leave. Nimat's face fell as she realized that their situation must truly be dire. She winced as her wing twinged, and she rubbed her arm. The army would be here soon, but... there was still a gap of time. Someone needed to make sure that Tresiel knew of the incoming invasion. Someone had to notify the king. The country was in danger.

While Nimat held no special love for Laein, the people had treated her well, the king was at least an orderly man, and the country was not a complete ruin. To see Calxus' brutal efficiency wipe this place of all its diversity only to replace it with its cold industry would be to watch a blooming flower eaten up by a metal malignancy. She bit her lip as she lowered her eyes and, with a grunt, she walked to, at best, the focal point of the Fighter's Camp within Eucelid.

"Vaan is right. The wounded need to be transported somewhere safe, and those who are too tired to fight should leave. However, I fear we will not have the time or strength to fight against such a large force... but there may be a way to delay and fool the Calxian force coming toward us."

She would have to trust. She hated to do so, but to harbor any reservations was to sentence herself to death. Vaan was a leader, but he knew no strategy other than to fight. That wouldn't work here, and she would not allow him to throw his life away, not after a stunt like that. She looked to Mimelia and Thorn.

"I believe I heard you were in another force. If you have any one still fresh, they should take the fastest horse and ride for Tresiel to warn them. You, ranger -- I understand you are tired, but I may have need of you later. We must get an idea of how close the army is, and quietude will be of the utmost importance."

She turned to Daisy, Vaan, and the wounded Fighter's Guild. "In the meantime, someone must lead the wounded out of Eucelid. However, we cannot make for Tresiel. I propose we put the wounded on boats and float out into the water. It will be faster than taking a horse, and it'll be quieter. They will not expect their prey to be in the middle of the water, and there are boats that have not been destroyed. I'm afraid... those beyond saving must be killed, quickly. Do not delay their deaths. Those who are too wounded to be moved must also be dispatched. We do not have the time or the space for so many."

And here, the crux of the plan. She wrung her hands as she put her eyes to the ground, her voice still loud and level despite the sudden fear that struck her in the heart. She would have to oversee this part herself -- and when the army found out the deception, there would be no mercy for the perpetrator, much less a bryn.

"Lastly, any who are willing and brave, I must have you with me. Those who are wounded and do not wish to die on a pallet, join me. I need every lantern, every torch, noise makers, jars, exploding powders. Pyromancers, I need your fire. Fighters, I need your voices. We will light up the country side, make our forces look larger than they are. In the dark, they will be night blinded by the lights, and we will descend upon them with noise and apparitions. It will be dangerous, and many will die..."

She felt a lump in her throat, thinking of her broken wing. Oh, there'll be more of that. If she was caught. And she knew she would not die by her own knife. There was no other choice but to be cut down... or worse.

"But Laein will have its warning, and some of you warriors will live to fight another day. And perhaps... perhaps we can have a song out of it when we're done."

:: location: Eucelid :: company: Erroc, and Mimi, Daisy, Thorn, Alice :: health: 75%; broken wing (-20%), road rash (-5%), soft tissue damage (-5%), minor healing spell (+5%) :: ooc: Fey, you can go ahead and drag me along to the square

InSanor

Fey_Glory

Holy J I N X

Nevros

iKokoro

Fweep's Widow

Aged Sex Symbol

User Image

nyanya ttt t t t t t t t t t t t t
          turtle
          turtlet━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
          kokorokokokorokokrorkokrorororor ♔: EVEN IF I'M WRONG! .. &°the -- p a t h ██ ⋮i believe in will ↪ ❖LIGHT up a new s i g h t
          turtle
                User Image
                  ttt█████████████████████tt ████████████
                  turtle◞*YOU TOUCHED MY HEART AND IT SHINED TURNING SO COLOURFUL
                  thegreeneturtlethegreeneturtlethegreene━━━━━━ttttt ✪✪✪tt ♥♥♥tt ━━━━━━
                  turtle
                  ttt :::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::
                  turtle IF I REACH OUT MY HAND AND GRAB YOURS
                  thegreeneturtle TO KEEP THE FLEETING MIRACLE THAT I REACHED FROM COLLAPSING
                  turtle
                  turtle ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■
                  turtle
                  thegreeneturtle███ : o1tt▪▪ ❛Mimelia Celestine B'nargin-Aethiantttttt ▪▪ ❛- Eucelid - - - -

thegreeneturtle███ : o2tt▪▪ ❛Vaan, Niamat, Axcel, Thorn, Daisy, Alice The Fighters Guild tttttt ▪▪ ❛...

turtleturtle *♕. Mimi
                                                turtle
                                                  Mimi nodded to Thorn. If he had been scouting, he sure had come far in a short space of time- it proved testament to his skills as an outrider. She returned her gaze to her flame hair guild mate, as she shot down the Bryn prince. At least that meant she was smart enough. She sighed, noticing that Daisy was beginning to become frustrated with the white bryn- and she could see why- her comments were very.. cutting. The white winged Bryn looked strangely unblemished by the battlefield. ''Please.. now is not the time for fighting.'' She huffed to the pair.

Vaan piped up again in his usually irritating fashion. ''If there's any man that your definitely not safe around its you...'' She pouted venomously. The raven haired girl felt it odd that he was so calm and teasing at a time like this, acting like normal- Calxus was no doubt preparing their next attack. As he stuck out his claymore, she hopped to the side, nearly getting hit by it. She grabbed the discarded letter, stuffing it in to her pocket. She rolled her eyes at his 'insults'. In her right mind he would be receiving another punch to the face, but now wasn't the time for needless conflict.

And then, news of another wave of Calxus troops. Of course.. strike why the iron is hot and all that. The girl winced. Could the fighters guild fight off another wave? ''Hurry up..'' She whispered to herself, ordering the Laein army. The next to speak was Nimat. She spoke words of wisdom and strategy, and despite her claim of not being a strategist, her proposal seemed better than anyone else's. She was right- Thorn and Mimi needed to return to the liberation party- its where they were needed most. Plus, it was Mimi's best bet to getting to her farther. She wasn't sure how long she would last on the front line. ''As you say.'' Mimelia nodded reassuringly to Nimat, not that she would be seeking her assurance. The beautiful, yet grimy woman, did have a way with words- her speech inspired the rest of the guild to keep on fighting. She nodded to Thorn. ''We should leave as soon as you are ready, Thorn.'' She nodded. In the mean time, she took the time to have a few words with Nimat. Walking up to her, the diminutive girl patted her arm. ''Hey..Nimat was it? I just wanted to ask you something... could you please try your best to look out for Vaan? He makes a lot of stupid mistakes.. and you seem like the most responsible one here so.. I'd appreciate it.'' She smiled sweetly- a reminder of childish innocence in an era of chaos.

''Good luck everyone... you will all be in my prayers.'' She smiled, whispering under her breath. Before leaving with Thorn, she would turn to Vaan one last time. ''Whatever you do, win! Alright stupid? And don't give me a reason to be worried.'' She scolded him like a mother, her face twisted in a wry smile. Flicking her poncho, she set off back to the liberation party, leaving her companions in the dust. She only hoped that her cantos would be as effective as it was last time.

tt━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                  turtleturtleturleturtle이렇게 난 또 FICTION IN FICTION IN FICTION

Phantom

User Image

User Image

tab tab Stuttering a wreck of words, Myron spoke as if in morse code. The man before him, who was now attempting to both discern the boy's words, as well as do what was said, seemed very confused. Several looks over the shoulder, and Myron would notice the fight was swaying in their favor. The Liberation Party seemed like a very adept group of fighters, each providing a unique skill, an asset to combat. Kajsa was physically fit to be a champion, and she would quickly disengage two opposing lycans who attempted to cross the river, knocking them in for a second roundabout. Nielas and Freya would take on the task of subduing the fiendish wolves, whilst Kajsa quickly returned to Myron's side, to take over his job of healing the young girl. Though he was sure she was stronger than him in combat, he assumed she wanted him to rejoin the fight to honour the code of chivalry, where it was more proper for a man to die honorably, than any woman who could give birth. Myron nodded, sighed, and stood up, though his hands fiddled with each other as he turned back to gauge the group. Nielas was quick to call him out on his nervousness, before showing off a series of wind spells, tactically meant to both push the lycans back, and subdue two by means of suffocation. Freya had already pegged one Lycan to the tree, and had lured another deeper in to the woods to fight it one on one. Hopefully she would be alright.

tab tab The entire fight would have been finished, if logic was something the Lycans could grasp in their current state of mind. They were at a loss, two were unconscious, their team had been divided, and one was still barking as his flesh had been pierced by arrows. Crazy meant something, and it was easy to determine when someone was crazy, say... if they were to rip out any projectiles nailed to them, ignore blood loss, and continue pursuit as if their lives weren't in danger. This was the case with the only conscious wolf in sight, and he would soon return to the shallow part of the river, zig-zagging as his only means to try and avoid more projectiles while aiming to lunge at the group's eldest member, Nielas. Sure, Myron figured the old man could have defended himself, the man was cunning, and pry for his age. However... his age was something to be factored in, what if his back gave out at any moment now? Myron figured there wouldn't be a mental debate, he would step in and save the old brute. Maybe Nielas would feel obligated to not waste any more of the scholar's brain cells with that stick of his, after his life was saved.

tab tab With fleet of foot, Myron dashed ahead and made a quick baseball slide so that his hand would touch the river's shore, where the water and sand met with a border. He was light and lithe, and would be ahead of old Nielas quicker than he could bat his staff. At a good distance of ten feet, Myron summoned what magical essence he could, tapping in to the water and forcing it to abandon its current, to crash in to itself and rise in a sudden rogue tide that would consume the lycan immediately. All he needed was a couple layers to coat the beast, and he would soon suffocate it the same way Nielas would, however it did continue to press on. Slowly but surely, the water would begin to freeze, and wither the beast's progress to a very absolute stop a mere couple of feet from Myron. It's mouth perpetually open, silently howling as its body became crystalized. Myron waited just a minute, before manually thawing the ice around the beasts head, allowing it to breathe unconsciously.

tab tab What the team was now left with was a group of four lycans, soundly sleeping on the front door of their camp. Myron looked around, realizing calmness was restored, and no other beasts were there to bolster the attack. He rallied himself to his feet and took a few deep breaths, holding his knees with his hands, hunched over and slightly exhausted. A book worm did not have the greatest physical endurance, and Myron had spent a good sum of both his physical, and magical stamina, not to mention his mental fatigue. Still, the battle might not be over. Once his breathe recovered, the young apprentice spoke.

tab tab "Well... that was exciting..." Myron was actually being sarcastic. His head turned for a moment, so his eyes might meet with Nielas's. "What should we do with the bodies?... I really don't want to find out if they're grumpy in the morning." He admitted, hoping his worry was mutual. Who knows what the creatures could do? They were obviously on drugs, and the group member among them most skilled in that relevant field was Kajsa. On that note, the scholar stood stalwart once more, then bent back to crack his back, before turning to walk over to the only rational Lycan around.

tab tab "Kajsa... is she going to be alright? My potion should cure her bleeding..." Myron inquired this as well, while constantly in worry, he'd look over his shoulder every couple of seconds to check on the other lycans. "If you're right about them being... well... not themselves. If they're something else, or something's wrong... maybe it's a poison? You know more about that, right? Plus I know that y-you know that, you know more about the lycan body than I... I... am a medic. I can take over, here." There roles were simplified when explained. Myron knew how to cure a wound better than most, without the need of herbs. Kajsa was their best bet on figuring out the problem with her kin. On top of that, the young scholar was a bit afraid of being in such close proximity to something with such big fangs and claws. The blonde could transform in to a human, but not all lycans were shapeshifters. The others looked brutish and scary.

tab tab Myron had placed his hand on Kajsa's shoulder now, whilst bending over and trying to take custody of the girl. It was a bit awkward to watch her suck on the little girl's body, though he knew why it had use. His own method of healing he felt was a bit more useful. Minor blood magic, a simple magical channeling that would cause scabs to form much faster upon a flesh wound. Where the young wizard's hands covered a wound, the blood would fail to bleed. He would cast this magic on each of the girl's wounds, covering much of her back and upper arm in a maroon colour by the end of it all. The process would take some time, however, and Myron still kept an eye on the whole group during it all. When he was finished, the girl might show some colour, with a full potion in her stomach, and a working pair of lungs. Still, she was not safe in these parts.

tab tab "She should be fine, now... but it's dirty here. Could you bring her back to the academy?" Myron looked up to the villager that was helping them out the entire time, and asked this of the man. With a quickly response; "Of course!" The young man would lift the girl by her lower back and knees, and bring her to the portal rune. She likely would never know the faces or names of those that saved her.

tab tab With time no longer being such a quickly depleting essence, Myron returned to the council of his party, and sought their wisdom. What did they have in mind for the crazy beasts they just captured? Nobody in the group would be aware now, that the virus injected in to them would not wear off any time soon. If the creatures did wake up, they would rampage once more. This poison was a test of the group's sympathy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Location: {Laein Liberation Camp} tab tab Company: {Kajsa, Nielas, Freya(?), Unconscious Lycans} tab tab Mood: {Drained} tab tab OOC: {I made a promise.}

Kibo no Yoru
        InSanor
        alottie
        Oni Ignasha

Sparkly Bunny

7,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Full closet 200
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

xxxxxxrole: Soldier
xxxxxxxxxxcompany: A horse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation: Eucelid- on the way to the square

tab tab tab User Image

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daisy’s rescue was given to her by the kind bryn. The horse she brought over was a welcome sight. It would be easier than her walking. The sooner she got over this head wound the better. If there was a healer in the square they could possibly cure her up soon. If the damage was too serious it could mean the end of her fighting… and she couldn’t’ have that. She needed to get her head looked at sooner than later.

Her blue eyes watched Vaan with a look of disgust as she watched him physically puff up from her compliments. Men were such simple creatures, simple words were enough for them to stake their lives on or make them feel invincible (even more so than armor). Mentally she scoffed at the foolishness.

When another of her guild came to warn the leader of the approaching men her heart began to race. ~Another fight so soon?~ She hadn’t had her head looked at yet, she’d be useless unless she got to a healer and soon. Nimat began taking charge immediately- something she was surprised Vaan hadn’t shut down- but her plan seemed well thought for how quick it came. Putting them in water was dangerous… but not as much so as leaving them near the village where the soldiers were heading.

Her voice came out stronger this time. “The army will have boats along the coast. No doubt they will have sort of perimeter around their docking station. Be careful what waters you send out the wounded.” Calxusian armies would have traveled by sea to arrive on their shores- it would only be logical they would have a small feet watching the boats and manning the station. If they took out their wounded too close they’d be doomed for sure.

Without a moment more she managed to climb heself onto the horse. It made her head swoon and things seemed ot be doubled around her for a few moments but it would be stable enough for her to get to the square. The redhead needed to be ready for battle- like now.

“I will go to the square and find you as soon as I am battle ready. You shall have my blades at your sides this time around.” She tugged on the reigns of the horse and immediately sent it into a gallop towards the square. Her nausea was almost overwhelming, but the adrenaline running through her with the thought of the upcoming battle was enough to stabilize her. Hopefully a potion was enough to cure her of this mess of a head she was stuck with.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quotable Lunatic

9,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

User Image

"Everyone dies,..."

Dante's sunny disposition was definitely not something usually associated with assassins, and he knew that for many it was off putting on a serious mission. He couldn't help it though, it was just who he was. He smirked to himself and followed Laure down the hall. When he wandered up to the scene that the others were standing at he glanced at the bodies and listened to Laure talk about either hiding them or hurrying along with their mission.

Crouching next to one of the men he examined him carefully. Shrugging after a moment he grabbed him by the arm and started dragging him towards a nearby table with one of those long tablecloths on it. Shoving him unceremoniously underneath the table he stuffed him the rest of the way under with his boot. "You can go ahead if you like, I'll hide them and catch up in a moment." he stated, waving his right hand at the other three to go along without him.

He didn't mind missing the initial engagement of their target, he was perfectly okay with hiding the people that Iori had taken out. Grabbing the next guy by the heel of his boot he hauled him off towards one of those decorative pots he had been dying to stuff someone in. Taking the lid off he set it aside before lifting the man up with a soft grunt, this guy was heavier than he thought. Dumping him unceremoniously inside he seemed rather pleased with himself as he stuck the lid back on.

"...there's no point in fighting it."

Company:Brigitte, Iori, and Laure
Thoughts: Finally I get to hide some bodies...

TheSinOfWrath1313

Enshinju

Nevros

kyounkun

Graviel Loken

Summer 5, afternoon

User Image

((I'm sorry i haven't been here in a week, I'm a soldier in the united states army... i apologize...))

Having had the new bath water brought to his room and his bath finished, his fur was now a milky white, like that of pure snow Graviel smiled as the cub had also been cleaned and was smelling better then when Graviel had then began his rather large dinner, two massive beef haunches and a steak for the cub, all raw payed for by work Graviel the last time he was in this in.

"Feels good to eat doesn't it Vipus" Graviel said as he licked his own chops and throw the bones in a pile. "master Graviel, will you be requiring anything else in your stay here?" the servant boy said as he hurried and collected the bone and began to leave the room. "no young man, there is nothing i require, except no one to disturbed me unless its very important" Graviel said as he layed down on the bed and the cub crawled up next to him.

It was only about twenty minutes later that Graviel was disturbed. "Sir.... I'm sorry i know you don't want to be disturbed but we would request your help down in the common room" the same servant boy said as he poked his head into the room and saw the giant bear laying on the human size bed curled up around a tiny bear cub. Getting up, graviel growled deep in his throat and startled the young boy.

"move boy im tired and your interupting my nap" graviel said rather annoyed and walked down the stairs to see a overly large man beating on the bar keep "YOU GAVE ME CHEEP FOOD!" the man roared as he hit the bar keep again. "we gave you the same food we give everyone here sir" the bar keep said through bloody teeth and nose. having seen this for a second before walking around and scooping the man up like he was no more then a leaf and roared so loud the whole bar shook and the scene turned from one of happinees and joy to one of terror as the giant 8'9" bear roared making the man soil himself. "YOU WILL LEAVE THIS INN NOW!" roared graviel his anger untamed for the moment

Daring Lunatic

ŢhoŗИ
╚═════════════l

User Image"There are times when I wonder if there is any point in anything.."

Thorn, glad that he did not have to duel Vaan at this point, much thanks to girls arround pointing out that he was not a threat, just shurgs on exailed prince's comment that men were always dangerous. "Can't argue with that." He just replies, though wether he was joking or speaking truthfully remained mystery. And what came to Vaan's more literal take on his comment about bear's arm, Thorn just shakes his head slightly. This prince was not too blessed with the ability to use his head. He was clever enough to not say that outloud though, even if he wanted to give a comment about the Vaan's tactical abilities. He looks at Mimi shortly, wondering how she was able to stand her leader, before looking at the red haired female. She was instructed to head further on town, to seek healer which would perhaps be wise. That is if that healer had not already evacuated trough the Myron's portal, which Thorn suspected had already happened by now. Not too many villagers were arround, so Thorn guessed that they had gathered all to some other part of the town and evacuated once Myron opened the portal.

Thorn thoughts were interupted by a male shouting that Calxus army was heading back. Thorn had suspected such a thing happening, but he too was surprised how soon they decided to come for revenge. "This just keeps getting better and better.." Again he cursed his luck and again promised to himself that if he survived from this, he would move to some deep forrest and never agreed to helping anyone again. He feared that Vaan would gather every able person up and head for finale suecide attack, but Nimat opened her mouth and proposed a plan that seemed a viable course of action. Desperate, but could work.

"I am not that tired, so don't worry about that. Oh, and you may call me Thorn, instead of just ranger. Helps if you see more than one rangers in future." He replied, shruging. In truth he could go on few days without proper rest, and so far he had not done anything too tiring yet. "So me and Mimi here are to head to our camp and gather anyone able to secure our flank?" He asks just to make sure that he understood right. While asking this, he takes the card Myron gave him from his pocket and mutters few arcane words. While his magic was not focused on runes, he managed to create a simple copy of the card, with minor adjustments. He gives the copy to Niamat. "With this card you can talk to me, but as it is only a copy of the original it will disapear in three hours. I'll inform you once I know anything worth knowing." He again shrugs, as if apologizing that it was the best he could do. After giving the card he looks at Mimi. "Yeah, lets go. And lets hope that the enemy is not too colose to our camp yet." Thorn takes the bow from his back and starts running towards the estimated direction of they're camp. He was not sure how well Mimi would be able to keep up with his speed, so he kept his pace a bit slower than normal.

While running, he takes the rune card again and tries to contact Myron. "Hows things looking at there? Things are starting to heat up and we are heading to there with Mimi." Not sure if Myron could hear him, but he tired still. If enemy had already found the camp, he wanted a warning of it atleast.

"Then I remember that it doesn't matter and seek myself a beer."

Guild/Faction: Rangers guild

((OutOfChains; edited a bit))
    iKokoro

Doctor Jax

Nevros

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chatty Genius

8,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
xxxxxxn i m a txxxxxx

User Image

"Trusting strangers is a good way to get a knife in your back."

Nimat was suddenly aware of the amount of attention she was receiving. She was used to being watched by large groups -- she was a bard. It was kind of in the job description. This... this was different, however. Now, she was not being spectated by some adoring crowd. She was looked up to for advice and guidance, a position she rarely found herself in. The feeling made her uncomfortable, as if she were barefoot in a room full of potsherds. Coupled with that same feeling was a strange, distinct feeling of warmth, like stepping into a warm spring. These were people who had no choice but to trust her judgment now, unless someone else came forth. There was some goodness in that.

Mimi patted Nimat's arm, and the bryn looked down at the small warrior in surprise.

''Hey..Nimat was it? I just wanted to ask you something... could you please try your best to look out for Vaan? He makes a lot of stupid mistakes.. and you seem like the most responsible one here so.. I'd appreciate it.''

Nimat gave a gentle smile to the girl, and she nodded once, her eyes cutting to lock with Vaan's for a mere moment. She gave a subtle, tiny smile as she promised, "Trust me, I will make sure he is not in too much trouble. You'll go home with your prince, no worries. Hurry on to your party. They need you."

The ranger, Thorn, also stepped forward and gave the Bryn a card... a literal 'calling card' as it were. She smirked at the visual pun, and she gave Thorn her full attention as he explained what it did. A minute part of her was very glad that the card required no reading -- her ignorance was not something she flaunted as much as her workmanship. She inclined her head politely and told him, "I will keep in touch. Yes -- secure our flank and warn us of an imminent attack, if it is within your power. If not -- do not hesitate to run. You are no match for an army, and we cannot expect that of you. Peace go with you, rang--... Thorn."

The redheaded woman, Daisy, was next, offering a well-put warning to be careful where they put to water. Nimat hadn't considered that there would be boats on either side. The Calxus army would have surely thought of putting out to the lake. Hopefully, they could maneuver around them. If they worked fast, they could get the rest of the wounded warriors on the boats and into the lake of Due'ene, but the likelihood of that endeavor grew slimmer and slimmer as time went on.

“I will go to the square and find you as soon as I am battle ready. You shall have my blades at your sides this time around.”

"We will be glad to have them, Lady Firehair. Don't tarry."

She looked about at her ragged band of warriors. The cries of the wounded were slowly dying out -- partly due to Nimat's own callous suggestion of ending the suffering of those too weak to move. Already, some of them were moving their friends and colleagues to boats, while those who were still strong enough to fight were gathered in the street where Nimat stood. The sun was soon on the horizon.

"Warriors, those who have chosen to stay, this is what we shall do... When night falls, we must put up torches all along this ruin. Stretch it out to the adjoining field, make this place appear as a city in the night. The enemy will attack where the lights shine. Our dear ranger friends will tell us from which way they come. We will hide in the fields around them for our time to strike."

"Take every weapon you have with you. We will fill jars with any oil that is left, along with the torches. When they're close enough, we will launch them into their numbers, lit by cloth ties. Make as much noise as possible -- disorient them and break their spirit with your voices. And then... we fight."

She looked to Vaan.

"I trust you will lead this particular excursion? If it makes you feel better, I will go with you and hold your hand," Nimat said with a slight smirk, jabbing at his ego. Surely he would accept the challenge, but she didn't mind ribbing him into taking the lead.

:: location: Eucelid :: company: Erroc, and Mimi, Daisy, Thorn, Alice :: health: 75%; broken wing (-20%), road rash (-5%), soft tissue damage (-5%), minor healing spell (+5%) :: ooc: SET EVERYTHING ON FIRE

InSanor

Fey_Glory

Holy J I N X

Nevros

iKokoro
Graviel Loken

Summer 5, afternoon

User Image

As the man was sent running from the in, his facile matter trailing out of his pants Graviel took a moment to compose himself before lifting the bar keep from the floor, his face bloody and nose was broken, "You should learn to get me before this escalates to this magnitude" Graviel said as he carried the man into the kitchen and set him down on the counter.

"Master Loken, thank you, but you will now have trouble with the law for this, that was the constables son in law." The bar keep said as he started to clean his face up. "Don't worry about me my friend, I can handle the guards, plus I was protecting you, that's not against the law is it?" Graviel said as he brought over a bowl of clean water and set it down next to the man. "Plus, when he sees your face, he will know that pompous arrogant a** was responsible" Graviel finished as he looked at the man's face.

"By the way my friend have you heard any happenings going on around the way? I'm looking for more work, and from what I gather from the bar that a war is happening, it has been such a long time since I have been able to wet my teeth in pure combat" Graviel said as he remember the old days when he was part of the Tyr military and the great slaughter that had taken place one day.

"Well yes, there is a problem in Eucelid, but I know not what the trouble is, maybe you should head that way, you might find someone to give you work there" The bar keep said as he smiled at Graviel and accepted the bowl of water and began to wipe is face off in earnest and was looking better "Thank you my friend, but I shall leave after my dinner, scaring that worthless slab of meat has worked up an appetite" Graviel said as he left the bar keep in the back room and headed back out front.

Upon reaching the front Graviel was approached by the constable of the Tresiel. "You attacked this man, what say you?" The man said with a bit of fear on his face. "No sir, this man attacked the bar keep over a slab of meat. nearly beat the man to death, I stepped in scared him off, does he look harmed? His pants yes, but that was his own doing, he soiled himself, you think my facile matter could fit in his pants?" Graviel said with a laugh, "Everyone in this bar will vouch for me constable, I did not harm this man" Graviel added

Phantom

User Image

tab A fortnight passes, and the entire world adjusts to the many phases of war. Many events take place that will forever impact the future of Eraolia, and it's many children. Here, bereft of bias, is a synopsis of each and every major plotline, and how the cogwheels have turned one another in to the gears of the present.

tab The Laein liberation party is successful in a few of their missions, primarily their role in guiding refugees of war to safer lands. Its many members, including scholars from the academy, guild rangers, warriors, and wizards alike, all would eventually face the wicked jaws of war itself, and the fellowship would crack between the teeth. Calxus's war machines and armies proved too vast, and far too powerful for a measly band of guild representatives to stop by themselves, and before they could retreat back, the masses of tyranny would fall upon them. The only man to continuously depict the happenings of the war, a scholar and storyteller alike, Myron alone survived and escaped a deadly night raid, that seemingly divided him from his many allies. Unaware if they are dead or alive, the young scholar fled back to Tresiel, in order to warn his accomplices that their efforts were half in vain. During the span of two weeks, Myron and his fellow scholars prepared the Mystic Academy to serve as a refuge and passage to freedom, for any fleeing victims, or non-humans that don't want their heads cut off. In that time, Calxus succeeded in pushing through Laein's army, and have already begun to purge the port city of Tresiel of any and all 'monsters.' Blood now paints the cities of Laein.

tab Back in the capitol of Laein, tragedy and betrayal have stolen the king of Laein from the embrace of life. Now, his head advisor, lord Kleugh Ise has assumed control over the capitol city, and has signed several treaties with the emperor of Calxus, in order to keep the castle from being torn down by the stone country's many siege engines. Such as the acceptance of all Calxan policies. Matteo and his mother, Sera, the last remaining members of the royal Leofric bloodline, have fled the capitol, and rallied the remnants of their loyal armies to rebel against the tyrannical force of their subjugators. A guerrilla war of attrition has begun, which will only end if either the prince of Laein, or the emperor of Calxus falls dead. Falmerial now scours the land for his royal prey, for they are the key that will solidify absolute reign over Laein.

tab The last line of defense against Calxus, the warrior's guild, lead by Eroc, prince of wings himself, has fallen. Over half of the guild's members have been slain in combat, and their leader has been discarded and abandoned by anyone not yet killed. The guild assured its neutrality in all matters, and remains divided - the faction left in Laein now works for the people as mercenaries, and mostly consists of humans that were spared during the war. The warrior's guild branches in other neighboring countries are now more divided than ever.

tab Meanwhile, in the lands of Gaia, the seven great tribes have finally agreed to work together, after enough bloodshed from fighting one another; They have begun to prepare their combined armies for a joint siege on the neighboring country of Zarmid, which is currently a puppet colony for the Calxus empire. The ageless fairy, Martel, has made contact with members of the Nazahyra, and has secured a secret pathway in to Zarmid, where a massive second war-front has begun at the empire's flank; many desert villages have been reclaimed already, however the capitol of Hizacaira remains heavily fortified. The war effort presses on, with thousands of casualties already piling up in numbers, for both sides.

tab So begins what could be called... the second mage war.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff