OOC: Just waiting a bit more to see if we can fill up our Captain Slots ^=^b

Ice-Cold Consumer

Ice-Cold Consumer

〖 S U R O K A 〗

Captain, Ship Gamma

"Well...honey, that dog won't hunt."

Coords: Jungle, Ship Ruins〗
Emotions: Tired, Hungry, Irritated〗

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Darnit! I'm mighty tired of these damn vines!"

With an erratic swing and the sound of steel haphazardly moving through a vine, a tall somewhat toned woman emerged from the thick cover of the jungle, gasping for breath, and arriving at what appeared to be a small stream. Dressed in a long white coat, her arms sleeved in the delicate material, she hardly looked adjusted for meandering through the jungle. The only real indicator was the tired look on her face, and the old, worn, blunt machete in her hands. She looked at the blade for a moment, reflecting on just how old and useless it was, and then at her dirtied bare feet, sore from the walk from the ship. She'd have been more prepared if that strange gust of wind from the west hadn't blown over her equipment.

The simple routine of washing her work clothing was thus interrupted, furthering their delay of finding a way off this island they'd crashed onto a few months earlier. It'd been a hellish endeavor. Most of the crew, including the vice-captain, was missing. Her wonderful trade ship had cracked squarely into two pieces, on sitting on the jungle floor, the other sunken into the depths of the groggy water where they had crashed. As damaged as it was, the ship was the only semblance of shelter and comfort in the unforgiving wilderness. And then there was the wildlife. She'd never seen anything like it; creatures with two mouths, giant heads, blades for hands, sets of wings. Though she was thoroughly thrilled at lobbing grenades and firing lasers at these strange creatures, much like good old huntin', the stocks were running low.

Even her rather sharp mind couldn't make a contraption out of nothing. The thought of the wild beasts and the separation of her crew, whom she'd seen none of in months, deeply bothered her. As laid-back as she was, it was her responsibility to care for an maintain the manner of her crew. In this case, she'd failed. If they were even alive, they were likely strewn throughout these islands, starving, thirsty and haunted by the odd creatures and traumatic thought of crash. She gripped the blade in her hand tightly as she looked over at the water, before calmly placing it back in her belt, it's glimmer fading away into obscurity.

She prepared to lean over and collect some water in a old canteen she was carrying, equipped with a built-in heater to boil the water and purify it. The canteen itself was a considerable relic, a throwaway to survival technology of humanities later years. In a way, it reminded her of all the futile attempts science had made to save humanity on Earth. The light from one of Terra's suns came over a thick leaf and caused a blinding flicker from the metal of the canteen, causing Suroka to wince for a moment, but she wasn't annoyed. This old clinker reminded her of home a bit, and it might have been one of the only things that kept her noggin moving right; devices.

She ceased the nostalgia as a vine swung down and whipped her lower back, causing her to jump up and turn around, sneering. "Everywhere, these darn things! It's got me madder than a wet hen! Oooooh!". Rarely did she fume, and even more rarely did she talk to herself, but out here, and far away from the ship, she really didn't mind. She'd go plum crazy if she was left with the odd calls of the animals and eerie sounds of the jungle. Nothing was close to normal here. Trees moved and bent, leaves changed colors out of season, and shrubs seemed to grow and die in the same day. Somehow Suroka had managed to drag herself back into sanity, widdling wood and practicing making bombs and traps out of whatever supplies remained. That, and attempting to locate her other crew members, which she had no luck doing so far. She was hoping this was the day she was finally reunited with at least one of them, as if she located one, she was bound to find the others. The jungle was massive and maze like in its construction, so it only made it harder to locate food, water, and even more so people. With a deep sigh she plopped herself on the odd sandy embankment and began to scoop water into the canteen.

As she did so, the sensor on the old device began to blink, indicating toxicity within the water, which caused Suroka to place it down and run a hand through her hair in frustration. The dirty golden locks on her hand rippled and swayed, and she flipped her ponytail into the hair elaborately, as if trying to put herself back on balance. The scent was clearly not water.

"My luck is terrible. First time I come to this stream and what happens? Things darn methane filled." She chuckled, being careful not to cut on the heater, and pouring the dangerous material back into the stream, looking at it quizzically. "That makes three straight streams full of this stuff...great for my contraptions, plum horrible for drinkin."

She quickly hopped up, crossing her arms and closing her eyes, appearing deep in thought. "This means I'm gonna have to make my way due south. That's the last time I've seen water. That's a heck of a hike."

She nodded to herself, sighing a bit and mentally crossing off this stream as a place to gather drinkable water. She'd only come in this direction because she'd sworn she'd seen another person. Somewhere in her mind she'd rationalized that they too were looking for water, and this might have been it. But she'd been so caught up in the thought she could hardly smell the noxious fumes of the river, which now became unforgiving and overbearing.

"I'm fixin to lose it out here." She said, opening her eyes and backing away from the river in disappointment, sitting on a rock to rest in preparation for heading south. She dropped the canteen and its nostalgic sense on the ground, taking a flask out of her robe and looking off into the sky, watching one of the suns rapidly move in the sky.
"Yep....I'm fixin to lose it." She took a lone swig, placed it back into her robe and strode due south into the jungle. She hadn't seen a person, and if she was gonna find actual water, she was gonna need to move quick before nightfall.

【OOC】

First little intro. I wanted to make a note to
devils Maw
I didn't know if you wanted to start together, or what not, being on the same crew, but its easy for them to just run into each other in the jungle on her search for water, or at least, I tried to set it up that way. Also gives any new Gamma members the chance to join in and have individual intros or be easily found. smile

To everyone else, happy posting smile

Seasonal Prophet

9,675 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
BRYNHILDR | Captain of Alpha xoxoxoxoxoxox

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It wasn't intentional. Deserting them that was. It was the best call. There wasn't anyway of contacting them. A quick decision had to be made, and seeing as though they were only leeks away from Terra IV, choosing to land was the best decision possible. No one expected....this! It was plain obvious that the other ships had gone down. In what order, there was no real way of findin' out. But it was hard to miss the solar flare from the ship's energy readers. The likely-hood of something like this happening was awfully low. But, it happened anyways. And happened cause of it? Two-thirds of what should of been Earth's party for advancement were either dead or horribly dysfunctional. Did she feel regret? Easy. Was she human? Of course she was feeling regret. She was enraged. Angry at herself. Horribly distraught. Her selfish actions could have possibly killed hundreds of individuals. It was a horrible thought to have bottled up inside. It was like a poison. It slowly seeped through her mind. It plagued her very thought process from the moment she woke, to the moment she went to sleep. Did that stop her from doing her job? Did it stop her from commanding the individuals of her ship who still thrived? No. It did not. If anything, it strengthened her resolve to captain the crew of Alpha at an even higher level.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was sometime during the day. The jungle climate was unreal. Not in an unbearable sense, no, actually it was quite the opposite. Luckily, their crew had landed in an environment rich with resources. They safely landed a decent ways from water, as to not pollute it, but still be within walking distance of it. Alpha was fully functional aside from their communications network. The crew was fully intact. Some had contracted minor sickness, but mainly from prolonged travel and being unadjusted to the new atmosphere and climates. Henrietta however was fine. A picture of decent health. Her body was somewhat seasoned at this point. She couldn't speak for the other soldiers and scouts of Alpha, but something like this couldn't really affect her physically. Mentally on the other hand, that would be a problem. Aside from the quiet cacophony of the planet's natural inhabitants and the few beeps and boops the ship made passively, there wasn't nearly enough sound to keep their mentally dysfunctional captain at rest. For the most part however...she was fine. As long as her crew was fine, she had to be fine.

Looking over to a random passerby on the ship, Captain Brynhildr beckoned her over to ask the crewman a question.

"Any word on where Vice-Captain Herrera is?" she asked curiously.

"Sorry Cap'n, I haven't the slightest idea. " the crewman responded.

"That's alright....carry on."

With that, the passerby nodded in respect to her captain, and carried on with whatever act of duty or leisure she had previously been focused on.

Henrietta sighed heavily. She didn't really know WHY she needed Herrera here, it was just something she felt would be natural. Not that she undermined the rest of the crew here, there was just a bit of comfort in being around your higher ranking officers. Especially when it came to this sort of thing. Where, apparently, it's a genius idea to only have about 2 defined hierarchical ranks. This was something she wasn't used to. After all, she was a cop and soldier, both of which required her to be promoted quite the number of times before she held any standing of significance among her peers. On a ship, that's not how things worked apparently. Everyone was equal unless deemed otherwise by being the Captain or the Vice. It was an interesting concept. One she didn't entirely hate, but still, she preferred the standard military ranking system.

Thinking about all this in retrospect, these were some pretty dumb things to have on the mind. After all, she was a leader. A famous leader...a famous leader...that needed a walk. Still dressed in her "I'm a pretty school-girl" relaxation clothes, Henrietta pulled the assault rifle stashed under the dash of the ship's central command station. From there, she walked over to the door, cleverly layered by yet another air tight door, finally concluded with a larger, and even more secure air lock. She entered in the code to unlock all layers and eventually made her way to the deck of the ship. In terms of extra equipment, only the lower body portion of her exoskeleton was equipped. This meant her punches would only hurt a bit if she had to get into a fight. But hey, she had a gun on her, she'd be alright.

From the deck, she hopped confidently from the 60ft raised platform, and on to the ground, landing effortlessly as always. Some of the crew noticed the leap, and like the fan-girls most of them were, stared in awe, gawking at their "extraordinary" captain. It made her chuckle a bit. It was nice to be admired after an awkward childhood like hers. But hey, it wasn't a big deal.

"Listen! All you over there! Let the Vice-Captain know I'll be going out on my own no more than a 92 meter circumference from the ship out! If anyone needs me, I have a comp!."

Most of the crewmen responded in a nod. And with that confirmation, Henrietta was off. She had her Gun, she had her legs, she had just a little bit of her sanity. All That was needed now, was a person to talk to, or a ugly a** monster to shoot.

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image
                                                                                  Vials of assorted sands, minerals and plant follicles sat idly in rows of seemingly careless order. Misshapen corks plugged the deposits in its home amongst the tight glass fixtures. Green eyes scrutinized and inspective each specimen, sliding diminutive samples under an operational microscope. One by one, vial by vial. After each observation, a pen pressed against the blank pages of a journal to archive every detail and analytical result. Red and orange hues of light filtered through the thick window of the ship into the room. It cast a somber glow, reminiscent of a setting sun on Earth. Earth, a planet full of optimists who wished to conquer and colonize another world, this world, Terra IV.

No amount of training could have prepared the members of the expedition for the trials and tribulations that followed. In Emera's opinion, humans were not meant to remain in space for a prolonged period of time. Granted, space intrigued her, studying life and all possibilities for sustainability on a new planet brought out enthusiasm and nerdish cravings. And so she pushed herself, higher up the chain of command and proved her worth despite her age and short range of experience. In space she thrived more than she thought possible. In the dark crevices of her mind she new the truth, that humans did not belong in space. Humans needed more. They needed a society, culture, ground, a sense of belonging. All of which could not be obtained or reachable until they accomplished their mission.

When crew members became "space sick", a panic rampantly expanded across all corners of the floating metal space vehicles. Alpha's crew grew arogant, confiscating supplies from her ship and Gamma. Gamma was useless, partying and turning their eyes away from obvious conflict unless confrontation was deemed necessary for their own amusement. When they lost connection with one another, Emera took action into rationing what supplies they had left. Time went on and their food dwindled until a solar flare acted as a catalyst to their inevitable fall downward to Terra IV's unforgivable desert. Somehow the ship only lost its wings and bent lower hull when it crash landed instead of cracking into two like the titanic. Emera did not know whether it was the composition of the soft sand or the grace of God that kept the ship mostly intact. Either way, she was grateful.

Unfortunately it was not operational and surviving through the past (estimated) year on Terra IV did not come without its casualties. The captain lost members from exploding engines after the crash landing, some became fatally ill and weakened from low nutrients and others simply did not adjust well to Terra Iv's atmosphere. A low number took their own lives - crazed by the thoughts of never returning to Earth and seeing their loves ones again. The guilt of losing all these members, her crew - they were family, it weighed down on her more than she'd let anyone know.

" Your mind is elsewhere, eyes glazed and I doubt you're even analyzing the current sample to your optimum ability. " A masculine voice echoed out of the sleek robot. Its parts were organized in white, grey and blue. Rabbit-like ears propped up and large sky-blue eyes gazing upon the petite captain of ship Beta.

Emera leaned back in her chair, arms stretched upward as she finally gave up on her task. " I'd be fabricating a web of lies if I did not confirm your statement. " She exhaled slowly before shifting her attention to Valimus001 aka "Val", an artificial intelligence she crafted during her undergraduate years at MIT. Although Val did not have a 'sex' or 'gender', Emera had deemed him a male for the sake of consistency. His eyes lightened up a notch in recognition of her white flag.

" It looks like the sandstorm outside is winding down, I suppose it will be best to organize the next provisions team to save time. " She basked in the glow of the eerie light before jumping off the chair and tying up her knee-high boots. After studying, scouting and surveying the land they had found a safe source of water nearby and learned to feast on specific herbs and fruits without getting sick. It was a long process that took trial and error, along with a years worth of time. The crew estimated they had been on Terra IV for a year now but it was hard to tell with the shifting light and darkness. It was difficult to gather information outside their established perimeters in the desert due to the sandstorms and wild creatures waiting to make them their next meal. Valimus001 leapt off her desk and stopped Emera in front of the door, his large arms extended outward in a warning gesture.

" Priorities first. Throw on your oxygen mask before you supply others with a mask. "

" This is no time to be cryptic - - "

" Captain Mahelona. You confirmed that you would get your arm checked with Doctor Everett two days ago. Two. Days. Ago. Not to mention your body is still pale from that fever you have been attempting to hide. "

Emera rolled up her sleeve covering her forearm to reveal vein-like discoloration over her skin. It had appeared nearly a week ago. At first it was a small rash, then it grew and more recently her body spiked a fever. Whatever had caused it was still a mystery and how to cure it felt even more out of reach. She shivered at the sight and quickly covered it back up. " Fine, I'll appease your inner worries but I'm going to be okay. Besides, if I die, I die with the ship." The captain grabbed her gear and pushed the door open, raising her feet to walk over the rabbit.

" The ship has already sunk, " Val mumbled to himself and hopped after the captain's shadow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff